PDA

View Full Version : LOST thread...

Pages : [1] 2

costanza2k1
05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
The show has so many hidden things in it both past, present, and future it makes me watch each episode over 3 times. I don't know if I have a favorite character but one of the best parts of the show for me is the nicknames Sawyer gives everyone...too dang funny. So what's your favorite part of the show?

Here's some:

From (http://lost.about.com/od/sawyernicknames/a/JinKwonsawnick.htm)

* Mr. Miyagi: Kate asks where the water came from. "I traded Mr. Miyagi the last of my water for a fish he caught." ( Ep: 1x5, White Rabbit)
o Mr. Miyagi was an Okinawan handyman who taught a kid Karate in the 1984 hit, The Karate Kid.

* Chief: After Sawyer thinks Jin burned the raft. "You messed up my ride, Chief." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)

* Bruce: When Sawyer is taking Jin back to the beach and asking if he's scared. "If you ain't, you're going to be, Bruce." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)
o Bruce Lee was a well-known Chinese American martial artist and actor.

* Kato: Jin obsessively works on the raft.
Sponsored Links

"Can't say I blame poor, Kato, his lady speaks English all this time and he didn't have a clue." (Ep: 1x20, Do No Harm)
o Kato was the Asian sidekick of the Green Hornet.

* Sulu: Jin works on the raft and Sawyer talks to Michael. "Sulu, over here, is packing a suitcase full of salted fish." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)
o Sulu was the last name of the physicist turned helmsman turned captain in the original Star Trek series.

* Boy: Jin defends Michael when Sawyer comes at him. "Get your hands off me, boy." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)

* Chewy: Jin wants to go after Michael when he runs away from the tail section group. "In case you haven't noticed, it's every man for himself, Chewie." (Ep: 2x5, …And Found)
o Chewie is a shortened version of the Star Wars character Chewbacca, a Wookie who co-pilots Han Solo's ship.

* Daddy-O, Papa-san, Jin Senior: After Sawyer finds out Sun might be pregnant. "Yo, Daddy-O. Way to go, Papa-san." To Bernard, "I don't think Jin Senior here knows yet." (Ep: 2x16, The Whole Truth)

* Jinbo: Sawyer greets Jin after Sawyer had been away with the Others. "Jinbo, how you doing?" (Ep: 3x10, Tricia Tanaka is Dead)
o A play on the nickname for Jim or Jimmy, "Jimbo", and Jin.

* Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon: Jin and Sun talk to each other in Korean. "Ooh, looks like Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon got something good."
o Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a Chinese-language film released in 2000.

Les 74
05-21-2008, 07:55 AM
I think my favorite part of Lost is the mystery that surrounds the show.That and the writing is fantastic.I would say that Jack,followed by Sayid and Ben are my fave characters.Great show for anyone that hasn't watched it.Highly recommended.

costanza2k1
05-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I think my favorite part of Lost is the mystery that surrounds the show.That and the writing is fantastic.I would say that Jack,followed by Sayid and Ben are my fave characters.Great show for anyone that hasn't watched it.Highly recommended.

I agree, is the 2 hour finale this week or next?

Les 74
05-21-2008, 12:04 PM

I agree, is the 2 hour finale this week or next?

Next week.The 29th.

Jigawatts
05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Ben is most definitely my favorite character. He's a sly focker.

Les 74
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM

Did you see the Ben-centric episode a few weeks ago?He whooped some major booty. 8)

Jigawatts
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Did you see the Ben-centric episode a few weeks ago?He whooped some major booty. 8)

I've seen all episodes. I just can't recall which one you're talking about unless you give me a quick synopsis.

Here's a link to a good theory I read about the island being a time machine.
It's probably one of the best theories I've read about what's going on.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

Les 74
05-21-2008, 01:46 PM

I've seen all episodes. I just can't recall which one you're talking about unless you give me a quick synopsis.

The Ben episode was the one where he woke up in the desert and F'd up two arab guys.

Here's a really good site,jig.Check out each episode's synopsis by a guy called vozzek69.His theories are great.He does one after each episode with his own theories.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/

steelz09
05-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Honestly, I have never seen an entire episode of lost.

I've heard nothing but great things about it, but I haven't watched it yet.

I probably wouldn't understand it any way because of how far a long the show is...

What season are they on now?

Les 74
05-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Honestly, I have never seen an entire episode of lost.

I've heard nothing but great things about it, but I haven't watched it yet.

I probably wouldn't understand it any way because of how far a long the show is...

What season are they on now?

This is season 4.You would have to start fresh from season 1 to fully understand the show.I do recommend it,however.

Jigawatts
05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Ah, now I know Ben-Centric. I bookmarked darkufo and will check it out later.

jhansle1, I don't watch a lot of tv, but Lost is something I HAVE to watch.

If you just jumped in now, you'll probably enjoy the show, but you need to rent
the seasons and get caught up to appreciate it. It's one of the most well written
programs on tv.

Les 74
05-21-2008, 02:25 PM

the seasons and get caught up to appreciate it. It's one of the most well written
programs on tv.

Maybe the best written show of all time.

Jigawatts
05-21-2008, 03:21 PM

programs on tv.

Maybe the best written show of all time.

That, or it just looks good because of all the crap that's on now. :roll:

I think when it's all over and questions are answered, I'm gonna have to watch every episode again to catch things I missed.

costanza2k1
05-22-2008, 12:00 AM

That just rocked! Thanks for that.

SteelerOfDeVille
05-22-2008, 01:40 AM

didn't read the link, but, they've dropped some serious hints to that effect, starting with the episode where the convo was "package is on it's way... and the countdown in distance"... then the package fell much later. Then, there's Desmond's strange trips in time and needing an anchor(penelope) to survive - as suggested to him by Daniel Faraday who had the rat that had memories of things he hadn't taught it yet.

Jigawatts
05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
didn't read the link, but, they've dropped some serious hints to that effect, starting with the episode where the convo was "package is on it's way... and the countdown in distance"... then the package fell much later. Then, there's Desmond's strange trips in time and needing an anchor(penelope) to survive - as suggested to him by Daniel Faraday who had the rat that had memories of things he hadn't taught it yet.

It basically says the island is stuck in 1996.
The button pushing was to suspend the island in 1996.
Rose isn't sick because she wasn't sick in 1996.
Locke isn't paralyzed because he wasn't paralyzed in 1996.
Ben knows everything about everybody because he can time travel.
The ghosts and whispers - I can't remember exactly, but they are dead in one time, and not dead in another.

Lots of other good stuff I can't recall without rereading it.

NKySteeler
05-22-2008, 05:48 PM
My favorite part is when the Northwestern surpasses the Time Bandit for total yield of crab during the season........errrrr.....wrong show...... :oops:

...How about when Buster gets dropped from a 5-story building?.... :oops: .... I'm wrong again...

...Seriously, I haven't watched it since the first season. I just "lost" touch.

Les 74
05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
...Seriously, I haven't watched it since the first season. I just "lost" touch.

:shock: :shock:

BLASPHEMY!!!!! :lol:

Jigawatts
05-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Bottom left of the screen. The recap starts at at. The two hour episode starts at 9.

Check out the shot of Locke/Jacob.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/ugv/in ... &pn=player (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/ugv/index?pn=player&pn=player)

Les 74
05-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Bottom left of the screen. The recap starts at at. The two hour episode starts at 9.

Check out the shot of Locke/Jacob.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/ugv/in ... &pn=player (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/ugv/index?pn=player&pn=player)

WOW!!!I had my theories on Jacob.That was one of them.

Jigawatts
05-22-2008, 09:10 PM
One of the biggest mysteries that I need to know is who is in the coffin.

Les 74
05-22-2008, 09:52 PM

My guess is Michael.

costanza2k1
05-22-2008, 10:01 PM

My guess is Michael.

My guess is Sawyer.

Les 74
05-22-2008, 10:05 PM

My guess is Michael.

My guess is Sawyer.

Its definitely NOT Sawyer.He's still back on the island.

Jigawatts
05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Michael was my first guess too. I'm thinking it would be a crazy twist if it was Ben.

MeetJoeGreene
05-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Great thread.

I am addicted to the show.

Interesting theories all around.

To be honest, I am just enjoying soaking it in. I haven't tried to unravel or put any deep thought into it they mysteries.

I do wonder about the black smoke, the polar bears, the numbers.

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Does anyone think Claire is dead?

And what's Christian's role?

Les 74
05-23-2008, 01:22 PM

I think the island/Jacob is using Christian's spirit as a go-between.Claire,I'm not sure about her.I think she is just possessed or something.

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 01:29 PM

I think the island/Jacob is using Christian's spirit as a go-between.Claire,I'm not sure about her.I think she is just possessed or something.

Good theory about Jacob/Christian.

I don't know about Claire. I think she's dead because she had a house fall on her (ala Wizard of Oz), but everyone can see her.

I don't think she'd leave Aaron unless she was dead.

Les 74
05-23-2008, 02:05 PM

I don't know about Claire. I think she's dead because she had a house fall on her (ala Wizard of Oz), but everyone can see her.

SHe had a house fall on her????HUH???

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 02:09 PM
[quote=Jigawatts]Does anyone think Claire is dead?

SHe had a house fall on her????HUH???[/quote:20cccg7m]

The freighter people came to the community of houses and shot an RPG at a house. Claire was in it. I think it was Sawyer who pulled her out from underneath some rubble.

Les 74
05-23-2008, 02:11 PM

The freighter people came to the community of houses and shot an RPG at a house. Claire was in it. I think it was Sawyer who pulled her out from underneath some rubble.[/quote:2puycv3d]

Yeah,but you made it sound like a house FELL on her.I'm sure that if she did die it was from the explosive!!! :lol: And I really DO NOT think she's dead.

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah,but you made it sound like a house FELL on her.I'm sure that if she did die it was from the explosive!!! :lol: And I really DO NOT think she's dead.

Sorry bro, that was my jiga slang. Not everybody speaks it. :lol:

Les 74
05-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Sorry bro, that was my jiga slang. Not everybody speaks it. :lol:

I think thats a language of one. :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
05-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I've always wondered what was LOST about. There are maybe two people at work who follow it, but everytime I've asked them to give me a synopsis of the plot outline. They give me this generic.. "You just have to watch it." BS line. If one of you two (Les and Jig) can provide me a two paragraph summation of the gist of the story arc, I would be forever in your debts. Thanks for clueing in a brother.

AS

Jigawatts
05-25-2008, 12:56 AM
I've always wondered what was LOST about. There are maybe two people at work who follow it, but everytime I've asked them to give me a synopsis of the plot outline. They give me this generic.. "You just have to watch it." BS line. If one of you two (Les and Jig) can provide me a two paragraph summation of the gist of the story arc, I would be forever in your debts. Thanks for clueing in a brother.

AS

You'll just have to watch.

To sum it up, a plane crashes on a mysterious island. The survivors of the crash seem to all be connected to one another in the "real world." These connections are shown through flashbacks and flashfowards intertwined with the present day happenings.

The survivors try to figure out how to further survive while battling the original inhabitants of the island. New characters and new mysteries are constantly introduced, so the show never gets stale.

Really, you just have to watch. You can turn on the tv next Thursday and you should be entertained. But you really need to start from the beginning to truly appreciate how well it's written.

AngryAsian
05-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Jig,

Thanks for hooking a brother up. It sounds like an asian-must watch kind of plot. I'm all about shows that explore alternate realities whether it be time travel or vortex like shizniit, like the one you've just described. I guess I'll have to rent the box sets to get caught up. Thanks again for taking the time to script some of the major highlights.

Les 74
05-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Jig,

Thanks for hooking a brother up. It sounds like an asian-must watch kind of plot. I'm all about shows that explore alternate realities whether it be time travel or vortex like shizniit, like the one you've just described. I guess I'll have to rent the box sets to get caught up. Thanks again for taking the time to script some of the major highlights.

AS,if you love shows about time travel,then you'll love this one.This may go down as one of the best(if not thee best)show of all time.Run out and get the box-sets.You WILL NOT be disappointed.

MeetJoeGreene
05-27-2008, 12:58 PM

The freighter people came to the community of houses and shot an RPG at a house. Claire was in it. I think it was Sawyer who pulled her out from underneath some rubble.[/quote:233ktb9i]

But didn't she survive that? ANd then wander off/disappear in the middle of the night.

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 01:11 PM
But didn't she survive that? ANd then wander off/disappear in the middle of the night.

She did disappear in the night with Christian. But did she survive the attack?

I think there's a possibility that she might have died because she left Aaron in
the middle of the night. Now she's hanging out with Christian in Jacobs cabin.

I know, she seemed physically fine after the attack. Everyone, not just Miles could
see her. That's the best evidence that she's alive. I just can't understand how
she could leave Aaron like that.

Les 74
05-27-2008, 02:42 PM

She did disappear in the night with Christian. But did she survive the attack?

I think there's a possibility that she might have died because she left Aaron in
the middle of the night. Now she's hanging out with Christian in Jacobs cabin.

I know, she seemed physically fine after the attack. Everyone, not just Miles could
see her. That's the best evidence that she's alive. I just can't understand how
she could leave Aaron like that.

She's alive.

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
She's alive.

Prove it buddy.

"I'm not your buddy, friend....."

Les 74
05-27-2008, 03:50 PM
She's alive.

Prove it buddy.

"I'm not your buddy, friend....."

Ok,she's in bed next to me.

I'm not your buddy,guy. :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 04:01 PM
I did a little digging and found that Desmond had a premonition about Claire and Aaron leaving together in a helicopter (I completely forgot about this.)

Maybe Christian told Claire that the helicopter would crash and kill her and Aaron, that's why she left him. Because there would be no possibility of them getting on that helicopter together and dying.

If still alive, the only reason Claire would leave Aaron would be to protect him.

Les 74
05-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I did a little digging and found that Desmond had a premonition about Claire and Aaron leaving together in a helicopter (I completely forgot about this.)

Maybe Christian told Claire that the helicopter would crash and kill her and Aaron, that's why she left him. Because there would be no possibility of them getting on that helicopter together and dying.

If still alive, the only reason Claire would leave Aaron would be to protect him.

Shame on you.I figured you already knew this.Tsk,tsk,and you call yourself a Lost fan. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 04:11 PM

Shame on you.I figured you already knew this.Tsk,tsk,and you call yourself a Lost fan. :roll: :lol: :lol:

I can't remember everything pal. It would help if I had the time to re watch all the episodes. It would be nice to pick up on some things that I missed.

Les 74
05-27-2008, 04:13 PM

I can't remember everything pal. It would help if I had the time to re watch all the episodes. It would be nice to pick up on some things that I missed.

I haven't re-watched any episodes.I have it all stored upstairs.Thats how I roll. :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 04:19 PM
[quote=Jigawatts]I did a little digging and found that Desmond had a premonition about Claire and Aaron leaving together in a helicopter (I completely forgot about this.)

I haven't re-watched any episodes.I have it all stored upstairs.Thats how I roll. :lol: :lol:[/quote:3qvacqcl]

I can't even remember what time the show starts. :lol:

Les 74
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
All you have to remember is what time it comes on THIS Thursday. 8) Can't miss it.

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 04:47 PM
All you have to remember is what time it comes on THIS Thursday. 8) Can't miss it.

I might have head this wrong, but the 8:00 episode is supposed to be a repeat of
the last aired episode with some additional scenes.

I'm not sure if that's right or if it's going to be a season recap.

Les 74
05-27-2008, 04:51 PM

I might have head this wrong, but the 8:00 episode is supposed to be a repeat of
the last aired episode with some additional scenes.

I'm not sure if that's right or if it's going to be a season recap.

No,you are correct!!!I wonder what additional scenes will be in there.

costanza2k1
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't want to sound geeky here but I can't wait for that show this week! Bummer deal will be that it will be over and I don't have anything else to fall back on. Parts of me are already dying without my 24 fix. The football season needs to start asap!

Les 74
05-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't want to sound geeky here but I can't wait for that show this week! Bummer deal will be that it will be over and I don't have anything else to fall back on. Parts of me are already dying without my 24 fix. The football season needs to start asap!

Thats alright,man,we're all geeks here. :lol: I'm not sure what to watch either.The new season of Reno 911 just started,but thats about it.

Jigawatts
05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Who's this Jeremy person?

MeetJoeGreene
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Who's this Jeremy person?

Freaky. Did you see the end tonite?

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 02:09 AM
That was just insane how the heck did he end up dead? Dang, now we have to wait for while to continue on with the show.

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 02:15 AM
[quote=Jigawatts]One of the biggest mysteries that I need to know is who is in the coffin.

My guess is Michael.

My guess is Sawyer.

Its definitely NOT Sawyer.He's still back on the island.[/quote:3ctd2jcu]

I decided to change my guess to Locke. :lol:

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 02:23 AM
This is a pretty cool site:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

BIG FAN
05-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Don't watch it as a reg.
Kinda like Survivor better. Ms. BF likes it though.

Les 74
05-30-2008, 07:51 AM
This is what I have to say about Lost:

BEST.........SHOW...........EVER...........PERIOD! !!!!!!

Seriously,what show can keep you on the edge of your seat like this one??Amazing.

MeetJoeGreene
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
This is what I have to say about Lost:

BEST.........SHOW...........EVER...........PERIOD! !!!!!!

Seriously,what show can keep you on the edge of your seat like this one??Amazing.

They also never showed the fate of those that were in the little boat going out to the big boat when the island moved. I wonder what happened to them??

Jigawatts
05-30-2008, 12:07 PM
MJG, I'm also curious about those people in the raft. I'm wondering if they were
within the perimeters of the island and got moved with it.

Some other things I'm curious about:
Why has Lockes name changed to Jeremy?
Is Claire dead?
Why can't Aaron go back to the island?
Is Sun going to work with Whitmore?

Les 74
05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
MJG, I'm also curious about those people in the raft. I'm wondering if they were

Is Claire dead?

1.I think the people in the raft got swept up with the island and they will turn out to be ok.

2.I'm sure that Locke changed his name so that Widmore couldn't track him.

3.Claire isn't dead....................yet(maybe she died between the rescue and the three years after.)

4.Claire probably doesn't want Aaron to go back becuase something horrible happened there(remember what Jack said that Locke told him last night.)

5.Sun is going to work with Widmore to track Ben(who she blames for Jin's "death.")

Jigawatts
05-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Is Claire dead?

1.I think the people in the raft got swept up with the island and they will turn out to be ok.

My thoughts exactly.

Good idea, but why would he give Jack and company a fake name?

3.Claire isn't dead....................yet(maybe she died between the rescue and the three years after.)

Another good idea. She's half dead.

4.Claire probably doesn't want Aaron to go back becuase something horrible happened there(remember what Jack said that Locke told him last night.)

True, but what if by them going back, everything is fixed?

5.Sun is going to work with Widmore to track Ben(who she blames for Jin's "death.")

I thought the same thing to.

Yeah Les, it was awesome. Did you happen to catch the first hour and if you
saw it were there any interesting new scenes?

Les 74
05-30-2008, 01:41 PM

Is Claire dead?

My thoughts exactly.

Good idea, but why would he give Jack and company a fake name?

Another good idea. She's half dead.

True, but what if by them going back, everything is fixed?

I thought the same thing to.

Yeah Les, it was awesome. Did you happen to catch the first hour and if you
saw it were there any interesting new scenes?

I did watch it,but didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary.Great finale.

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I know I already posted this link but I can't enough of these theories...what a show! I don't watch TV much, 24 and football was it and before that xfiles and football. LOST just rocks! Check out the theories:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Theory_Pages

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Theory from last night:
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/There%27s_No_Place_Like_Home%2C_Parts_2_%26_3/Theories

Les 74
05-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah,I 've seen lostpedia before.Really good site.Check this one out that I've posted about before:

Check out all of the synopses by vozzek69.Guy really knows his stuff.

Jigawatts
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Lostpedia's an awesome site.

Some things I got out of it after skimming through last nights episode theories:

Sawyer told Kate he had a kid.

When Kate picked up the phone, she heard a backwards message, which translated
to "you must go back to the island."

The island is possibly Atlantis.

Jin was possibly in the perimeters of the island and may still be alive.

feltdizz
05-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Lostpedia's an awesome site.

Some things I got out of it after skimming through last nights episode theories:

Sawyer told Kate he had a kid.

When Kate picked up the phone, she heard a backwards message, which translated
to "you must go back to the island."

The island is possibly Atlantis.

Jin was possibly in the perimeters of the island and may still be alive.

I think the survivors on the boat will be somewhere else....

Sawyer told Kate he knows her stankin azzz is in love with the village idiot Jack

The island was in a loop during those 108 minutes and is now rebooted since it was moved.

Since we now know the island can manipulate time Sun hopes to find a way to get Jin back

I think John Lock is still alive on the island... remember how Penny's guy the Aussie was jumping back and forth in time but couldn't remember his name or who his friends were..maybe thats why they called Locke by a different name.

I think the way Ben moved the island was super cheezy..

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah,I 've seen lostpedia before.Really good site.Check this one out that I've posted about before:

Check out all of the synopses by vozzek69.Guy really knows his stuff.

Thanks for the link again, I've been reading for a few hours now. I hope that when this show ends they spend a few episodes or a movie tying it all together for dumba$$es like me.

Jigawatts
06-04-2008, 04:57 PM
No Lost for a while, but there's got to be something to talk about, right?

Remember "The Looking Glass" episode when Charlie and Desmond went under
water and Charlie was assaulted by two beautiful women who were stuck down
there all by their lonesome? I do.

One of the actresses, Lana Parrilla, will be co-starring in a new series premiering
on CBS Thursday night. The series is called Swingtown, and it's about, well, swinging.

I knew she liked to "experiment." :D :D :D :D

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Sweet! I love Lost! I can't believe I haven't ventured over to the General Discussion forum before just now. Some good topics here.

To answer the thread titel: I really liked Echo...that dude was a badazz. They mentioned him out of the blue in the finale...but I honestly can't remember what it was in reference to now.

Favorite is E. Lilly (Kate), she's smokin. Everything about the show is awesome though...

costanza2k1
06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I just started watching season 1 again last night (if you want a copy PM me and I'll show you how to get it) and couldn't help but notice a few things.

-When hearing the black smoke Rose is heard in the background saying I've heard that noise before. Earlier when she has the flashback I swear I heard that same dang noise with a still on her face.

-Sayeed (sp) has a much deeper accent in the first episode. He pronounces Charlie like my Dad does and later on in the seasons his accent fades some.

-Most of the cast was skinnier in the first episode...kind of odd for being on the island that long.

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I just started watching season 1 again last night (if you want a copy PM me and I'll show you how to get it) and couldn't help but notice a few things.

-When hearing the black smoke Rose is heard in the background saying I've heard that noise before. Earlier when she has the flashback I swear I heard that same dang noise with a still on her face.

-Sayeed (sp) has a much deeper accent in the first episode. He pronounces Charlie like my Dad does and later on in the seasons his accent fades some.

-Most of the cast was skinnier in the first episode...kind of odd for being on the island that long.

What do you mean! They been livin off that Dharma initiative never ending food supply. Yum.

Jigawatts
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Alright Losties, watch this Aerosmith video and see if you notice anyone in particular
around 3:30. Seems like a survivor is up to his old tricks.

[youtube:2h0qwsrn]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEKR-u03YtU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEKR-u03YtU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2h0qwsrn]

Les 74
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Alright Losties, watch this Aerosmith video and see if you notice anyone in particular
around 3:30. Seems like a survivor is up to his old tricks.

[youtube:287yk8ma]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEKR-u03YtU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEKR-u03YtU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:287yk8ma]

Almost unrecognizable...................almost. :wink: :lol:

Jigawatts
07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Almost unrecognizable...................almost. :wink: :lol:

That must be how Sawyer started out his theatric criminal career. From purse snatching
to the big con, Josh Holloway just never had a chance at a legitimate character.

Lost Casting Director: I see your acting portfolio is a bit slim, can you tell me what
advantages you might have over other actors looking to fulfill this role.

Josh Holloway: I snatched Alicia Silverstones purse in an Aerosmith video.

Lost Casting Director: You're hired!

Josh Holloway: Thanks, butternuts.

Jigawatts
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Season premier January 21st.

Yay! :Boobs

Iron Shiek
01-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Good call Jiga...can't wait. All is right again. Jack Bauer kickin azz, Kate walkin/runnin the beach, and Steelers in Super Bowl...wooooooooo! :tt2

Jigawatts
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM

Good call Jiga...can't wait. All is right again. Jack Bauer kickin azz, Kate walkin/runnin the beach, and Steelers in Super Bowl...wooooooooo! :tt2

Ah yeah. Steelers in the Super Bowl and my girls Juliet, Kate and Sun in hot, sweaty
distress. Life is good. All I need now is the winning mega ball numbers so I can
take a trip to Tampa. :D

Iron Shiek
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
He!l yeah...good start to the season. Locke can't be dead...they take him back and he's alive. But I don't remember all the circumstances, how the he!l did he get back to the mainland when he was one of the guys that stayed? Has to be the time travel thing messing with me...

And Island Kate looks waaaaay better than done up Mainland Kate. Get back to the island for eff sake!!

Jigawatts
01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure how Locke got back. Ben said that he had to die, but did he die before
he left the island or after?

Who was the lady behind the meat counter that Ben left Lockes body with?

Who was the lady in the church basement with all the island tracking (I'm assuming) equipment?

Iron Shiek
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure how Locke got back. Ben said that he had to die, but did he die before

Who was the lady in the church basement with all the island tracking (I'm assuming) equipment?

Well the meat counter lady I'm not sure of. She seems to be some kind of mastermind person behind some of this island secrecy it seems.

The church basement lady HAD to be the physicists mother. Remember he was telling whoever he was talking to (i can't remember..Desmond?) to find his mother at Oxford University and what not. So I'd bet on her.

Jigawatts
01-22-2009, 03:44 PM

Well the meat counter lady I'm not sure of. She seems to be some kind of mastermind person behind some of this island secrecy it seems.

The church basement lady HAD to be the physicists mother. Remember he was telling whoever he was talking to (i can't remember..Desmond?) to find his mother at Oxford University and what not. So I'd bet on her.

That's what I was thinking, but I checked out lostpedia real quick and they were
saying it's someone named Mrs. Hawkins. I didn't have time to read through everything
to find out exactly who she is, but I guess she was seen earlier in the show when
Desmond was in the monastery.

I have to check it out later.

AngryAsian
01-22-2009, 05:29 PM

That's what I was thinking, but I checked out lostpedia real quick and they were
saying it's someone named Mrs. Hawkins. I didn't have time to read through everything
to find out exactly who she is, but I guess she was seen earlier in the show when

On my Star Trek thread you were calling me a nerd? Lostpedia? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jigawatts
01-22-2009, 05:53 PM

On my Star Trek thread you were calling me a nerd? Lostpedia? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Well, at least I didn't join the lostpedia forum. I just visit from time to time
when I'm "lost."

Iron Shiek
01-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Yeah seriously. That show has so much crap going on sometimes you need a push in the right direction so you know what's going on.

Captain Lemming
01-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Having grown up in Hawaii, some lost locations I am familiar with.

When they are walking across the island, and they are in a large grassy area, with no trees, it is part of an area where there used to be (maybe still are) horseback tours. I rode a horse for the first time there.

You do know that all the "mainland" locations are actually in Hawaii too?

The nut house Hurley is in is in the town that I grew up in.
The town is called Kaneohe.
The mental hospital on the show is a real mental hospital.
My best friend's dad used to work there, night shift. When he'd borrow his dads car we'd pick his dad up in the same area where Sayid offed that dude who was parked outside.

Rainbow drive inn where Sayid and Hurley got some grub is an Island favorite among local Hawaii people.

Captain Lemming
01-26-2009, 12:55 AM
When they are walking across the island, and they are in a large grassy area, with no trees, it is part of an area where there used to be (maybe still are) horseback tours. I rode a horse for the first time there.

I forgot to add, this is the same place that a part of Jurassic Park was filmed.
When the t-rexs are chasing some herbivore dinos, and the guys are running and hide behind a large log. It is the same place.

RuthlessBurgher
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
You do know that all the "mainland" locations are actually in Hawaii too?

That means they never actually left the island. Hmmmm.... :wink:

SidSmythe
01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
What's the point of this thread if there are no :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM

Okay, then...here is Evangeline Lilly (Kate on Lost), dressing up like another famous character who was stranded on an island (except Mary Ann got their via the S.S. Minnow instead of a plane crash)

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/evangeline-lilly_01.jpg

Iron Shiek
01-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Holy Schnikees she is so hot. Can they just keep her in that attire for the entire season. Gosh... :o

:ratsuck

PS - sorry for the random ratbirds suck sign...I clicked it and figured why delete it...they do in fact suck.

Jigawatts
01-28-2009, 02:33 PM

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=703&hilit=evangeline (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=703&hilit=evangeline)

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Interesting episode last night.

Very interesting point that the big bad dude (Penny's father) was on the island and one of the others....... way cool development.

Iron Shiek
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
No kidding man. That kinda came out of nowhere. But I guess he had to have some kind of interest other than just hearing about some magical island.

Also, the reason the hatch was built was revealed (at least I didn't know why it was built). So its all tying together. Hatch is built, Desmond eventually agrees to stay there at some point, Penny's father finds the place because they blow the hatch up, and we get to all of the turmoil that resulted in the end of last season.

Pretty good episode. Plus I think we are going to find out how Locke left the island and "dies" on the mainland.

Its all very confusing as it was...now we have different timeframes to deal with as an added dimension of confusion.

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Wait... I missed something... why was the hatch built? I didn't catch that or must of gone over my head....Was it from the season opening episode where they discovered the power source? or something else last night.

No kidding man. That kinda came out of nowhere. But I guess he had to have some kind of interest other than just hearing about some magical island.

Also, the reason the hatch was built was revealed (at least I didn't know why it was built). So its all tying together. Hatch is built, Desmond eventually agrees to stay there at some point, Penny's father finds the place because they blow the hatch up, and we get to all of the turmoil that resulted in the end of last season.

Pretty good episode. Plus I think we are going to find out how Locke left the island and "dies" on the mainland.

Its all very confusing as it was...now we have different timeframes to deal with as an added dimension of confusion.

Iron Shiek
01-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Yesterday. They had that Hydrogen bomb suspended on that contraption. Faraday examined it and saw that it was damaged and started to leak or whatever. He said it was okay. Just put it under ground or something to that affect and the leak will be contained.

So that was just my attempt at figuring that part out. It has to be what he was referring to. Whitworth (? Penny's father), Faraday and Desmond all seem to be tied together, so I drew my own hypothesis. Sound good?

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I thought that it had more to do w/ the Power Source from the first episode this season. The bunker and the keyboard somehow contained it. Otherwise if it had to do with the bomb, wouldn't it have gone off when they didn't push the numbers? Also Faraday never did bury it.. they were whisked away before that happened.

Yesterday. They had that Hydrogen bomb suspended on that contraption. Faraday examined it and saw that it was damaged and started to leak or whatever. He said it was okay. Just put it under ground or something to that affect and the leak will be contained.

So that was just my attempt at figuring that part out. It has to be what he was referring to. Whitworth (? Penny's father), Faraday and Desmond all seem to be tied together, so I drew my own hypothesis. Sound good?

Jigawatts
01-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I don't think "the hatch" had anything to do with the hydrogen bomb. They'd probably
just encase it with concrete and bury it. The hatch was a functioning station.

All and all, great episode last night. Nice to somewhat know why Widmore is interested in the
island. Can't wait until next week.

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
How about that big concrete wall then two episodes ago? When that crew was drilling holes into that wall...I think Faraday told the guy if he drilled one more hole into it something bad would happen or whatever....that might be the bomb then.

MeetJoeGreene
01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
How about that big concrete wall then two episodes ago? When that crew was drilling holes into that wall...I think Faraday told the guy if he drilled one more hole into it something bad would happen or whatever....that might be the bomb then.

I don't think that was the bomb... I think that "Power source" was something that will be key to the whole island. They were saying that it was so great it could enable time travel - and that would (I assume) be more than just a single H-Bomb.

costanza2k1
01-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Seems like the young girl who took Faraday to the bomb was his mother. Anyone else think so?

Iron Shiek
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah I was looking for some insight on this last episode, and a message board I came across had that as the prevailing theory. One other possibility is that Whidmore might somehow be his dad, but that seemed a stretch...who the heck knows at this point.

I quit racking my brain and will just let it play out in front of me...it makes my head hurt. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

But seeing Kate will make me feel better every time. :Beer

MeetJoeGreene
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Seems like the young girl who took Faraday to the bomb was his mother. Anyone else think so?
hmmm. maybe. what made you think that? other than whidmore funding the research.

Jigawatts
01-30-2009, 05:48 PM
hmmm. maybe. what made you think that? other than whidmore funding the research.

That girl has to be someone important. She got some good air time for just an extra. You know
we'll be seeing her later. Surprising to see Widmore on the island. I didn't expect that at all.
We now know he was there, but why is he so interested in getting back?

And speaking of Widmore, when Desmond went to see him, are you telling me that Widmore
didn't have anyone to follow Desmond out of the building and continue following him? No
security, no goons, Desmond just walks out the building and continues on.

MeetJoeGreene
01-30-2009, 11:05 PM

That girl has to be someone important. She got some good air time for just an extra. You know
we'll be seeing her later. Surprising to see Widmore on the island. I didn't expect that at all.
We now know he was there, but why is he so interested in getting back?

And speaking of Widmore, when Desmond went to see him, are you telling me that Widmore
didn't have anyone to follow Desmond out of the building and continue following him? No
security, no goons, Desmond just walks out the building and continues on.

Of course he will be followed..... it just hasn't come out yet.

It will be interesting to see if that lady does turn into someone of import.....

there are so many twists it is hard to keep track.

costanza2k1
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM

Just a hunch, Faraday looked like he really wanted to say something to her, but then again he always looks like he's constipated and needs to tell someone something.

MeetJoeGreene
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Night's show (02/04) seemed to drag on (i.e. slow) to me.

Now the ending set up for a potentially good show next week...

But just a couple of more time jumps.

Seeing Jin alive w/ young Danielle was pretty cool.

Jigawatts
02-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Last Night's show (02/04) seemed to drag on (i.e. slow) to me.

Now the ending set up for a potentially good show next week...

But just a couple of more time jumps.

Seeing Jin alive w/ young Danielle was pretty cool.

:Agree

I thought the exact same thing. Kind of a boring episode where not too much happened
until the closing minutes. I had a feeling Jin was alive. I wonder what kind of story line
they're working towards with introducing a young Russeou (sp?) to Jin in an alternate
time line.

Iron Shiek
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah...the Claire's mom story line kinda threw me for a loop...weird.

Linus is getting the band back together so I'm curious how they are going to get back to the island. Linus obviously must know some super secret way (maybe i've missed it in the past) but its weird that he knows but Widmore doesn't and had been searching for it for a while...

Jigawatts
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I read an interview with Daniel Dae Kim (JIN) in which he stated that the mystery of
the Smoke Monster will be revealed soon. It would be nice to see some of those
revelations in tonight's episode.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow tonights episode was off the hook.

MeetJoeGreene
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I liked tonite's episode a lot. Next week's should be even better.

I take it the guy with the Lantern was Jacob. I liked what he said to Locke about not listening to Ben.

Is that actually Jack's father? He said something like tell my son Hello. I didn't know who he was talking about -- but he kind of looked like Jack's father (the drunk surgeon).

Iron Shiek
02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
You are correct sir. It was Jacob and that is Jacks father. A ton of stuff happened in this episode. One of those stirring moments was the part with Charlotte telling physicist dude (gosh the name is escaping me) the little secret she had.

Funniest part by far was when Sawyer was struggling to hold the rope and they had a flash and the well was gone. Miles says, "I think you can let go now".

Jigawatts
02-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow tonights episode was off the hook.

Wish I could have seen the entire episode. :x :x :x :x

Warning: Severe Complaining Ahead.

To make a very long story short...

The power went out while I was flipping between the USA Mexico world cup qualifier
and the Pens, so I missed that ****.

I missed the first 10 minutes of lost because I had to hook up the generator.

The picture was terrible. I couldn't read the dialogue because of the weather
advisories and snowy image.

Hopefully I'll find some time later to watch it on ABC.com.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I figured some might have had power issues or just didn't see it so I tried to be as spoiler proof as possible. I don't think I gave anything away..definitely seek out the episode on the web. It is a can't miss one.

Jigawatts
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
I figured some might have had power issues or just didn't see it so I tried to be as spoiler proof as possible. I don't think I gave anything away..definitely seek out the episode on the web. It is a can't miss one.

Hopefully it's already up on ABC.com already. Did they reveal anything about the smoke
monster? I kind of missed that part. Just saw it take the guy, some went after him, and
Danielle killed some people.

costanza2k1
02-12-2009, 02:39 PM
On a side note...

Sun seems much hotter to me when she doesn't speak English, sounds like a dude speaking English.

Juliet is just hot in a tank top.

perv mode now off....until next episode.
:P

MeetJoeGreene
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Hopefully it's already up on ABC.com already. Did they reveal anything about the smoke
monster? I kind of missed that part. Just saw it take the guy, some went after him, and

no secrets of smoke monster were revealed.

Jigawatts
02-13-2009, 01:12 PM

no secrets of smoke monster were revealed.

That's good, I wouldn't have been happy if I missed that.

I just remembered that they replay the previous weeks episode before the new ones,
so I'll just catch it on Wednesday.

Iron Shiek
02-19-2009, 11:00 AM
They are finally confirming things here and there...I still can't wait to see who this Daniel guy really is...he seems to be one of the masterminds of the island or whatever based on the previous week's episode and Charlotte telling him he was there when she was a little girl.

But I liked this week's episode...them finally getting back is cool. It was weird that "all" of them ended up there on the plane. But what the heck did Kate do with Aaron?

The previews for next week looked eerie with Locke wearing that black hooded cloak, seemed witch doctorish or something...but I guess dude is coming back to life after all, so some magic is to be expected.

MeetJoeGreene
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
They are finally confirming things here and there...I still can't wait to see who this Daniel guy really is...he seems to be one of the masterminds of the island or whatever based on the previous week's episode and Charlotte telling him he was there when she was a little girl.

But I liked this week's episode...them finally getting back is cool. It was weird that "all" of them ended up there on the plane. But what the heck did Kate do with Aaron?

The previews for next week looked eerie with Locke wearing that black hooded cloak, seemed witch doctorish or something...but I guess dude is coming back to life after all, so some magic is to be expected.

I was wondering about Aaron as well..... it is coming together -- still no smoke monster. I wonder what happened to Ben, Sayeed, Sun....

I like how Hurley bought all of the extra tickets so extra passengers wouldn't get killed.

I wonder if the plane pilot will still be alive.

It was cool to see Sayeed in handcuffs (recreates Kate in handcuffs from the orginal flight).

Jigawatts
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Awesome episode last night. Nice how things are tying up. I'm also wondering what
happened to Aaron and why she told Jack to never ask.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Locke next week and how important he is
to the island/world. Seems like he's being resurrected. Is he some kind Christ figure?

On a side note, I've never had a nose bleed in my life. I'm watching Lost last night, I feel
like my nose is running, so I grab a tissue and blow. Nothing but red. :shock:

I wonder what year I'm in now. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Awesome episode last night. Nice how things are tying up. I'm also wondering what

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Locke next week and how important he is
to the island/world. Seems like he's being resurrected. Is he some kind Christ figure?

On a side note, I've never had a nose bleed in my life. I'm watching Lost last night, I feel

You can tell by looking at your post count....

Jigawatts
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the tip Sawyer.

MeetJoeGreene
02-19-2009, 03:27 PM

Thanks for the tip Sawyer.

No problem Freckles...
:wft :shock:

Iron Shiek
02-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah you know the Aaron thing likely will come up again. It was so odd that the pilot was the helicopter guy.

People at work today were talking about a theory on what the heck happened to Ben (i.e. he was all battered and bloody). They seemed to think he went and found Desmond's wife Penny and killed her (and possibly Desmond) in response to Whidmore sending all those troops to the island and Ben's daughter dying as a result and Ben proclaiming to Whidmore that he would get him back. Sounds plausible. Something freakin happened, he was a mess and there were boats in the background when he made the phone call to Jack.

Jiga, you getting a nose bleed is pretty odd...

Jigawatts
02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
People at work today were talking about a theory on what the heck happened to Ben (i.e. he was all battered and bloody). They seemed to think he went and found Desmond's wife Penny and killed her (and possibly Desmond) in response to Whidmore sending all those troops to the island and Ben's daughter dying as a result and Ben proclaiming to Whidmore that he would get him back.

That's very possible. People were also saying that Ben somehow got Sayid arrested to get
him on the plane because there's no way he'd voluntarily be on that plane.

Jiga, you getting a nose bleed is pretty odd...

I know, I better think of a constant. :wink:

And speaking of constants, why didn't Faraday warn Charlotte and the other survivors
about the effects of time traveling? Would it of helped if he told them that they needed
constants?

Iron Shiek
02-26-2009, 08:48 AM
I won't spoil anything...but this was one of my favorite episodes and likely one of the better ones of this season. Man....they really brought more stuff together. I bet next week we will find out how Ben was all beat up 2 episodes ago. The whole Locke progression was cool to see. And I was just wondering a few days ago whatever happened to Ben's driver (Lt. Daniels from The Wire).

The best dialogue was Locke and Whidmore...when Whidmore tells him he met Locke when Whidmore was 17 but he asks how long ago it was for Locke...and he says 4 days ago. Nice.

MeetJoeGreene
02-26-2009, 08:56 AM
I won't spoil anything...but this was one of my favorite episodes and likely one of the better ones of this season. Man....they really brought more stuff together. I bet next week we will find out how Ben was all beat up 2 episodes ago. The whole Locke progression was cool to see. And I was just wondering a few days ago whatever happened to Ben's driver (Lt. Daniels from The Wire).

The best dialogue was Locke and Whidmore...when Whidmore tells him he met Locke when Whidmore was 17 but he asks how long ago it was for Locke...and he says 4 days ago. Nice.

It is now interesting to think about whether Whidmore is really a bad guy ...or is it back to Ben, given the episode?

Iron Shiek
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM

It is now interesting to think about whether Whidmore is really a bad guy ...or is it back to Ben, given the episode?

Its gotta be Ben after what he did to Locke. What made him change his mind though. It seemed like once Locke told him that Jin was alive and the one lady's name who helps them get back to the island, that Ben changed his thoughts on Locke's usefulness. I couldn't tie all of that together...

MeetJoeGreene
02-26-2009, 12:13 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1m1ppnhq]I won't spoil anything...but this was one of my favorite episodes and likely one of the better ones of this season. Man....they really brought more stuff together. I bet next week we will find out how Ben was all beat up 2 episodes ago. The whole Locke progression was cool to see. And I was just wondering a few days ago whatever happened to Ben's driver (Lt. Daniels from The Wire).

Its gotta be Ben after what he did to Locke. What made him change his mind though. It seemed like once Locke told him that Jin was alive and the one lady's name who helps them get back to the island, that Ben changed his thoughts on Locke's usefulness. I couldn't tie all of that together...[/quote:1m1ppnhq]

But the dude on the island told Locke that he had to die. And in the episode before it was explained that he was a proxy for the guy (Jack's father) on the original plane that was dead.

I am still not sure who is the badder dude yet.

Jooser
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Maybe Locke dying had more than one meaning, as so many things do in this show. Maybe not only was he supposed to take Jack's father's place, but also the way he died may have opened Locke's eyes to Ben's true nature. It was a good episode last night, and I'm with you guys, I am up in the air about who is worse, Ben or Whidmore. I think they both have an agenda that's not exactly on the up & up.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/idea.gif

Jigawatts
02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
As crazy as this sounds, I think that Ben is actually a "good guy." He's trying to do
whatever it takes to save the world while Widmore just seems scorned. The only
reason why Widmore is trying to find the island is for some payback.

Who is this Caesar fellow? He seems like he came to the island for a reason and will
be an important character in the future.

Someone refresh my memory... when Jack opened up his fathers casket a few years
ago was Christian in it? I'm still trying to figure out if he's a ghost, has been resurrected,
or something else.

Jooser
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Question: Just how big is the Flux Capacitor on the island anyway Jiga? Maybe they need to find Doc Brown and take him to the island so he can make the time travel more predictable.....

Jigawatts
03-04-2009, 02:02 PM
It seems like the technology on the island is light years ahead of the technology in 1985
Hill Valley. No plutonium, no bolt of lightning, not even Mr. Fusion is required to make
time travel possible. Apparently all you need is a donkey wheel and a little bit of faith.

Jooser
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, after last night's episode, some things are starting to click a little. I think that this whole thing about Locke used to being the leader, but didn't know it, then Richard knew him before and what not is a paradox of sorts. I mean, Richard didn't know Sawyer when he went into the Darmha camp last night, but he knew all the other stuff about the group before. So, I think that they're now stuck in a part of time even before Richard has met any of them. Now, Locke is in a place and time where he can become their leader. This may now lead to things happening that will eventually put Ben back into control of the island later on. So, Locke's so called importance is based on the premise that he is going to do something in his 'present future' that was referenced by Ben and Richard that was their relative past. Pretty confusing. Where's Daniel when you need him....

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/amazed.gif

Iron Shiek
03-05-2009, 01:41 PM
This episode had me all twisted. But it was cool to see what the island dwellers had experienced in the 3 years that the Oceanic 6 were back on the mainland. But now that they are stuck in the 70's I'm wondering what will get them "Back to the Future" (and Doc isn't going to help here...).

One thing I noticed at the end of the previous episode, the guy asking Locke all those questions said that the pilot took off with the passenger manifest. The pilot was Lapidis. I wonder if that was at all significant...that he just comes and goes...and where the heck did he go anyway.

MeetJoeGreene
03-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah... are Ben and Locke and the other plane members in a different time than Sawyer's group and Jack/Kate/Hurley....

Jigawatts
03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah... are Ben and Locke and the other plane members in a different time than Sawyer's group and Jack/Kate/Hurley....

I would think so since they just disappeared like Sawyers group did when they were
moving through time. They would disappear while everyone else stayed true to the
current time frame.

I'm not sure if I liked last nights episode. Just when I thought they were tying things
together new characters and new conflicts with the new characters are introduced.
It's getting too hard to follow everyone.

Jooser
03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/silvertone14/Funnies/BeavisButthead-711924-1.jpg

HUH, HHHUH, HUHHHUH... He said Hard....

EHHHH, Ehhh, yeah, he said HARD....

Iron Shiek
03-05-2009, 04:13 PM

I would think so since they just disappeared like Sawyers group did when they were
moving through time. They would disappear while everyone else stayed true to the
current time frame.

I'm not sure if I liked last nights episode. Just when I thought they were tying things
together new characters and new conflicts with the new characters are introduced.
It's getting too hard to follow everyone.

I said the same thing to myself in the first 10 minutes...I was a little annoyed at first but I guess in the scheme of things they had to give the group stuck on the island something to do for 3 years...

Jigawatts
03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Sawyer and Juliet had something to do for 3 years. :Boobs :D

MeetJoeGreene
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM

It happened because he called himself Lefleur. She couldn't resist a French Dude.

Jigawatts
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM

It happened because he called himself Lefleur. She couldn't resist a French Dude.

I just officially changed my name to Monsieur Jacques de Louis.

Jooser
03-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Not me, I'm keeping my German name, Heinrich Von LargeShlongendonger. But you can call me Heiny LargeSchlongendonger for short.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/10.gif

Jigawatts
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Not me, I'm keeping my German name, Heinrich Von LargeShlongendonger. But you can call me Heiny LargeSchlongendonger for short.

I'd just stick with Jooser if I was you. :D

Iron Shiek
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM

You sound like you have first hand knowledge jiga...

:lol: :lol:

Jooser
03-05-2009, 06:51 PM

Prolly shouldn't use 'stick' and 'Jooser' in the same sentence. :lol:

Jigawatts
03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
All work and no Lost makes Jiga a dull boy.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MeetJoeGreene
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM

It wasn't on last night.

MeetJoeGreene
03-12-2009, 08:59 PM

It wasn't on last night.

MeetJoeGreene
03-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Another great episode. The most freaky part was when they named the baby Ethan.

It will be interesting to see if Sawyer retains responsibility/leadership now that Jack is back or goes back to his old self.

Also.. there was a reference to Faraday being gone.. I bet he skipped out and went to the others...

Jigawatts
03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
It will be interesting to see if Sawyer retains responsibility/leadership now that Jack is back or goes back to his old self.

Looks like Sawyer was making a point to Jack that he runs the show.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they warn the Dharma Initiative that
they will be wiped out in the future.

MeetJoeGreene
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens when they warn the Dharma Initiative that

Based on the previews, I think Sayeed thinks he needs to kill young Ben....

Jigawatts
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Based on the previews, I think Sayeed thinks he needs to kill young Ben....

I'm still trying to figure out why Sayeed was in handcuffs.

MeetJoeGreene
03-26-2009, 07:51 AM
So, did Sayeed's shot kill young Ben? Why didn't he put a bullet in the back of his head to make sure?

Jigawatts
03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
So, did Sayeed's shot kill young Ben? Why didn't he put a bullet in the back of his head to make sure?

No way he's dead. I'm thinking Richard finds him later on.

Great episode though. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Jooser
03-26-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm with you Jiga, I didn't see that coming either. My daughter did though!! :lol:

Jigawatts
03-26-2009, 01:35 PM

I'm with you Jiga, I didn't see that coming either. My daughter did though!! :lol:

She must be smarter than you. :P

Jooser
03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Jiga, Jiga, Jiga. Do you have a teenager living in YOUR house yet? All I know is that since she turned 13, her mother and I are extremely stupid people who know little, if anything about ANYTHING! I've been the stupidest person in the world going on almost three years now! The truly amazing thing about all of this? -every one of here friend's parents are just as stupid as we are! Holy cow! I wish I'd had a teen following me around my whole life telling me what to do, then I wouldn't be such a pathetic loser!

:Blah :D

MeetJoeGreene
03-26-2009, 02:43 PM

I did think that would happen when he met him last week and in the previews it showed him saying "I Know why I am here". I just had a feeling.

Jigawatts
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Jiga, Jiga, Jiga. Do you have a teenager living in YOUR house yet?

Nope, my girls are 3 and 1.

I'm in big, big trouble.

Jigawatts
03-26-2009, 03:07 PM

I did think that would happen when he met him last week and in the previews it showed him saying "I Know why I am here". I just had a feeling.

Yep, you called it. You deserve the Nostradamus award.

Or maybe we can rename it after the fortune teller from the first season who told Claire
that she had to get on that plane from Sidney to L.A. :D

Iron Shiek
03-27-2009, 09:50 AM
The last two episodes were just fantastic. My DVR didn't record the one two weeks ago but I made a great discovery. ABC.com now offers episodes online in HD! I didn't know that.

As for the content, there is so much going on. Are they ever going to get back to the present day? What the hell is going to happen with that?

No way did Sayeed kill Ben. Some killer.... :roll: :) So where does Sayeed end up now...?

What I didn't understand was how did Lapides, Ben and Sun stay in the present, but the other people travel through time. I guess that will be explained at some point?

And Locke still needs to be revealed again...he is in the present too.

MeetJoeGreene
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
The last two episodes were just fantastic. My DVR didn't record the one two weeks ago but I made a great discovery. ABC.com now offers episodes online in HD! I didn't know that.

As for the content, there is so much going on. Are they ever going to get back to the present day? What the hell is going to happen with that?

No way did Sayeed kill Ben. Some killer.... :roll: :) So where does Sayeed end up now...?

What I didn't understand was how did Lapides, Ben and Sun stay in the present, but the other people travel through time. I guess that will be explained at some point?

So this is interesting:

A few episodes ago, they did show Locke briefly in the present. On the beach and the other passengers from that plane found him. In that same episode, Ben was laying in the Tent all hurt... It may have been from his prior injuries sustained before the plane ride AND Sun hitting on the head w/ the oar -- but could it have also been due to the fact that he was shot in the past by Sayeed? Wierd things happen with time traveling things.

Iron Shiek
03-27-2009, 03:59 PM

So this is interesting:

A few episodes ago, they did show Locke briefly in the present. On the beach and the other passengers from that plane found him. In that same episode, Ben was laying in the Tent all hurt... It may have been from his prior injuries sustained before the plane ride AND Sun hitting on the head w/ the oar -- but could it have also been due to the fact that he was shot in the past by Sayeed? Wierd things happen with time traveling things.

Yeah I'm thinking it was the home run Sun hit with his head. But how long would he be knocked out? They haven't even explored the buildings and by the time they did that AND found Ben, wouldn't he be awake by then? Maybe I am digging too deep. We'll see I guess.

D Rock
03-28-2009, 07:29 AM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1zz9ngvu]The last two episodes were just fantastic. My DVR didn't record the one two weeks ago but I made a great discovery. ABC.com now offers episodes online in HD! I didn't know that.

So this is interesting:

Yeah I'm thinking it was the home run Sun hit with his head. But how long would he be knocked out? They haven't even explored the buildings and by the time they did that AND found Ben, wouldn't he be awake by then? Maybe I am digging too deep. We'll see I guess.[/quote:1zz9ngvu]

didn't Sun clock Ben AFTER Caeser and the hot bounty hunter chick checked out those buildings? Did last weeks episode go back a couple days and I just didn't catch that part?

Iron Shiek
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah I am fairly certain this past episode went a little further back than the previous week's episode because those new castaways were already in the building whereas that in this past episode that dude was telling Lapides that they should go see what's in those buildings.

D Rock
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
heck of an episode...heck of a season. Lots of questions being answered now and I love it. I re-watched season 2 a couple weeks ago and I'm working on season 3 right now. MUCH better now that I know how the total picture unfolds.

Jigawatts
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
heck of an episode...heck of a season. Lots of questions being answered now and I love it. I re-watched season 2 a couple weeks ago and I'm working on season 3 right now. MUCH better now that I know how the total picture unfolds.

Do you think Sayid shot Ben because he knew that would lead him to the others?

Jack looks like he's taking a more passive approach this time around.

That was awesome when Ben woke up to find Locke sitting there alive.

Iron Shiek
04-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Do you think Sayid shot Ben because he knew that would lead him to the others?

Jack looks like he's taking a more passive approach this time around.

That was awesome when Ben woke up to find Locke sitting there alive.

Had to be the case. No way Sayid couldn't have killed kid Ben if he really wanted to.

In the preview for next episode Jack started getting back to his old self

Linus looked like he $hit himself....awesome.

D Rock
04-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I was waiting for Locke to be like

"surprise, b*%#h!"

I think Sayid has a plan definitely. I'm glad we finally found out the Kate/Sawyer secret and what she did with Aaron. It's weird, after 4 seasons, to see Jack taking on the Locke approach and talking about what the island wants him to do. Very hard to get used to.

AND WHERE THE HECK IS CLAIRE? 1970's? Present time? Ghosting around with her dad? Girl needs to get her head on straight and come back and be a part of the show again.

MeetJoeGreene
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I was waiting for Locke to be like

"surprise, b*%#h!"

I think Sayid has a plan definitely. I'm glad we finally found out the Kate/Sawyer secret and what she did with Aaron. It's weird, after 4 seasons, to see Jack taking on the Locke approach and talking about what the island wants him to do. Very hard to get used to.

AND WHERE THE HECK IS CLAIRE? 1970's? Present time? Ghosting around with her dad? Girl needs to get her head on straight and come back and be a part of the show again.

That was a big (and cool) turnaround.

I loved Hurley's time travel questions ... they were pretty cool. It is interesting that Young Ben is now with the others (further adding validity to the theory that you can't change anything). Now the Darma experiement has to be killed off.

Jigawatts
04-08-2009, 04:00 PM
AND WHERE THE HECK IS CLAIRE?

I'm guessing she's dead. Ever since the "freighter people" blew up the house that landed
on her she was acting weird. But if she's dead why did Sawyer and company see her
and why was she still holding Aaron before she went off into the woods with Christian (daddy)?

If she was dead than only Christian would be able to see her and she wouldn't be able
to carry Aaron. I don't know, I'm hoping we see some more of her in the next few episodes.

Iron Shiek
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
This show is just continuing to gain steam. Its cool how they can just focus an episode on one character and it be so interesting still.

So this was at least the second time I heard "What lies beneath the shadow of the statue..." uttered. I wonder what that is code for...or does it mean the actual statue on the island (there is one isn't there?).

LMAO at the Dharma video guy being Miles' father. Everytime I see that dude in other crap I just think of his Dharma videos...I don't why that's funny but it is to me.

MeetJoeGreene
04-17-2009, 01:13 PM
This show is just continuing to gain steam. Its cool how they can just focus an episode on one character and it be so interesting still.

So this was at least the second time I heard "What lies beneath the shadow of the statue..." uttered. I wonder what that is code for...or does it mean the actual statue on the island (there is one isn't there?).

LMAO at the Dharma video guy being Miles' father. Everytime I see that dude in other crap I just think of his Dharma videos...I don't why that's funny but it is to me.

Yes. I wonder who the dudes were that tried to abduct Miles.

It was really freaky who his father was....Hurley was a RIOT in this episode.

I wonder if Miles talking to dead people has something to do with being born on the island........

Jigawatts
05-02-2009, 09:54 PM
The writing is still great and I love the way everything is coming together, but...
I'm actually getting tired of everyone being related to someone. It's getting a
little redundant and is not even a shock anymore.

The last straw was the revelation that Faraday was the love child of Widmore and
Eloise. Mostly because it wasn't really a revelation at all. It was kind of expected.
Oh well, I'm just looking for something to complain about.

Can't wait for the next episode. :Boobs

Iron Shiek
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I know what you mean Jiga.

But this last episode (5/6) was freaking awesome. So much is going on and its all culminating to the big event that leads to the extinction of Dharma.

I'm still curious as to what Locke has up his sleeve and am wondering how or if the group in the 70's are going to fast forward or not...i'm sure they will but what the hell leads to that happening?

Jigawatts
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I missed it last night, but just got done watching on the old internet machine. You're
right Shiek, awesome episode. I didn't get to see the preview for next week, but it looks
like they're leading into revealing who/what Jacob is.

Quick question:
Is the Dharma village built on top of the temple? Eloise made it sound like the bomb was
buried under the village, and when they went to the temple, that's where the bomb was.

Also, I'm curious if Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet make it back to the real world. Can't wait for
next weeks episode.

Iron Shiek
05-07-2009, 11:47 PM
If you saw the preview, they pretty much gave away that those guys on the sub stay on the island, but didn't really show how they get back there. Next week is finale and it said starting at 8 pm, but check you guide to make sure it really is two hours and not some dam trick to get us to watch an hour of fluff or pregame....which may or may not be useful...

Jigawatts
05-08-2009, 12:58 PM
If you saw the preview, they pretty much gave away that those guys on the sub stay on the island

Didn't catch the preview, but thanks for ruining that for me. :lol:

As far as the 8:00 P.M. start time. Looks like it's just a recap of the season. :roll:
http://www.tvguide.com/search/index.aspx?keyword=lost

I'd much rather see a 2 hour finale.

Jooser
05-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I missed it last night, but just got done watching on the old internet machine. You're
right Shiek, awesome episode. I didn't get to see the preview for next week, but it looks
like they're leading into revealing who/what Jacob is.

Quick question:
Is the Dharma village built on top of the temple? Eloise made it sound like the bomb was
buried under the village, and when they went to the temple, that's where the bomb was.

Also, I'm curious if Sawyer, Kate, and Juliet make it back to the real world. Can't wait for
next weeks episode.

I think the Dharma village being built over the temple makes sense. Ben had his little trap door that went into a tunnel of sorts. In that tunnel were strange markings, and that's where he summoned the smoke monster. Later, he was in the under ground temple when he was confronted by the smoke monster. So, I'd say the village is at least in close proximity to the temple.

D Rock
05-11-2009, 02:27 PM
next week is the finale already?

this season seemed way fast. Maybe that's because it was so darn good and nothing dragged on like seasons 3 and especially 4 seemed to do.

Still nothing about Claire. Kate's reason for going back was to find her, as she told Claire's mother when she left Aaron with him. She'll be back next season, probably just had a something else going on and asked them to write her out of this season. She might possibly even make a guest role appearance next week just to let us know she'll be back around again.

Jigawatts
05-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Any guesses on who Jacob is and why Locke wants to kill him?

I'm guessing Locke wants to kill him because when Ben first took Locke to the cabin, Jacob
said "help me." Ben didn't hear that, but Locke did. I'm thinking that the only way to help
Jacob is to kill him.

So is Jacob someone we know?

My best guess is Yakov Smirnoff.

http://pics.livejournal.com/grrrm/pic/0000fbpx

Chavezz
05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Slightly OT but after JJ Abrams finishes Lost, he will be tackling a HUGE project. He has obtained the rights to Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series.

If you enjoy reading, I mean REALLY enjoy reading (7 fairly large books) this series is phenomenal. If this is done right, it has the potential to be a Lord of the Rings style epic. There's also a rumor that because of the scope of the project that Abrams may want to make this a TV series.

The Dark Tower series is fantastic and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading. Even if you aren't a Stephen King fan, I think you'd love these books.

D Rock
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I HATE WHEN THEY INTRODUCE NEW THINGS AND LEAVE US HANGING FOR THE NEXT 9 MONTHS!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jigawatts
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I HATE WHEN THEY INTRODUCE NEW THINGS AND LEAVE US HANGING FOR THE NEXT 9 MONTHS!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the concept of cliff hangers, but damn, no Lost until 2010. :HeadBanger :x

Jigawatts
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
I came across a solid theory about Lapidus on Lostpedia.com

When the people carrying the freight box (the good guys) said that Frank could be a good
candidate, they may have been talking about him taking over for Jacob. Or maybe
Jacobs entity taking over Franks body as a host, whatever you want to call it.

The producers have always said that there was a huge clue in the pilot episode of Lost.
Could the clue actually be in the name of the episode, The Pilot? It seems like Lapidus
has a bigger role than we think he does.

A good point to back this up is that when the original flight 815 crashed, the flight that
Lapidus was supposed to pilot but didn't, the first thing that happened was the pilot of
the plane was killed by the smoke monster. The smoke monster, which in all likelihood is
the fellow Jacob was talking to on the beach at the beginning of the finale, knew the
Lapidus was an important person, and killed him. Only Smokey killed that substitute pilot,
not knowing that Lapidus took the day off. Also, the reason why Lapidus did not fly that
plane may be because Jacob had the foresight and somehow made sure he wouldn't take
that flight.

So it seems Jacob and the other fellow symbolize the struggle between good and evil.
Jacob being good and Mr. X being evil. Jacob wants to prove that humanity is worth
saving.

costanza2k1
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I came across a solid theory about Lapidus on Lostpedia.com

When the people carrying the freight box (the good guys) said that Frank could be a good
candidate, they may have been talking about him taking over for Jacob. Or maybe
Jacobs entity taking over Franks body as a host, whatever you want to call it.

The producers have always said that there was a huge clue in the pilot episode of Lost.
Could the clue actually be in the name of the episode, The Pilot? It seems like Lapidus
has a bigger role than we think he does.

A good point to back this up is that when the original flight 815 crashed, the flight that
Lapidus was supposed to pilot but didn't, the first thing that happened was the pilot of
the plane was killed by the smoke monster. The smoke monster, which in all likelihood is
the fellow Jacob was talking to on the beach at the beginning of the finale, knew the
Lapidus was an important person, and killed him. Only Smokey killed that substitute pilot,
not knowing that Lapidus took the day off. Also, the reason why Lapidus did not fly that
plane may be because Jacob had the foresight and somehow made sure he wouldn't take
that flight.

So it seems Jacob and the other fellow symbolize the struggle between good and evil.
Jacob being good and Mr. X being evil. Jacob wants to prove that humanity is worth
saving.

That's pretty deep G. I like it.

calmkiller
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
This thread made me want to watch the show. I haven't read anything from it but just seeing how popular the show is made me download it. I have the first two seasons downloaded and currently working on the third. My girlfriend and I have been watching episodes every night for the last week. I think we are on Ep 10 S01 so not that far in but I am hooked as is she. I simply don't have enough free time in the evenings to watch everything I want to now because of this show. I have to pick between playing some Halo or Call of Duty or World of Warcraft and watching this show.

Great show! Can't wait to see what the future holds. As everyone here is so far ahead of me in the plot lines.

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
This thread made me want to watch the show. I haven't read anything from it but just seeing how popular the show is made me download it. I have the first two seasons downloaded and currently working on the third. My girlfriend and I have been watching episodes every night for the last week. I think we are on Ep 10 S01 so not that far in but I am hooked as is she. I simply don't have enough free time in the evenings to watch everything I want to now because of this show. I have to pick between playing some Halo or Call of Duty or World of Warcraft and watching this show.

Great show! Can't wait to see what the future holds. As everyone here is so far ahead of me in the plot lines.

Wait...guys that play Halo, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft actually have girlfriends??? :Boobs

I must have read that wrong. :wink: :lol:

calmkiller
06-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Wait...guys that play Halo, Call of Duty, and World of Warcraft actually have girlfriends??? :Boobs

I must have read that wrong. :wink: :lol:

LMAO yea yea yea, I know....I'm a computer nerd what can I say. I actually got my Girl Friend addicted to WoW....anyway Lost is the topic here.

Jigawatts
06-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Stick with it camlkiller. It gets frustrating at times but it keeps getting better and better
despite the unanswered questions. Things will all start to tie in and come together.

calmkiller
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Stick with it camlkiller. It gets frustrating at times but it keeps getting better and better
despite the unanswered questions. Things will all start to tie in and come together.

I have all the seasons downloaded now. We are on Episode 11 I think of the second season. Can't stop watching it. We usually do 3 to 4 episodes a night (time allowing). Good stuff.

calmkiller
11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
We finished up watching every episode some time in August. Can't wait for new season!!

Is it January yet?

MeetJoeGreene
11-12-2009, 01:20 PM
We finished up watching every episode some time in August. Can't wait for new season!!

Is it January yet?

During my flashfoward, I saw the ending of Lost. Friggin incredible.

Jigawatts
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM

Is it January yet?

During my flashfoward, I saw the ending of Lost. Friggin incredible.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw nothing. :cry:

Jigawatts
11-12-2009, 04:59 PM

Check that. I saw half the characters from lost on new shows, such as Flash Foward and V.

MeetJoeGreene
11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

Check that. I saw half the characters from lost on new shows, such as Flash Foward and V.

2 are on Flashforward...

Who is on V?

Jigawatts
11-13-2009, 05:26 AM
I haven't watched "V", but from the advertisements it looks like the actress that plays
Juliet on "Lost" is a main character on "V".

calmkiller
01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
2 weeks. I am so ready

Jigawatts
01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
2 weeks. I am so ready

x2

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
2 weeks. I am so ready

x2

x3

Iron Shiek
01-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Charlie! He's back in the commercial.

Obviously the time travel thing kicking in, but I wonder how they'll work him back into the mix.

Jigawatts
01-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Charlie! He's back in the commercial.

Obviously the time travel thing kicking in, but I wonder how they'll work him back into the mix.

I don't know, he always seemed to be a pretty important piece of the puzzle. I'm sure
they'll find some way of working him in there.

Jigawatts
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I know the writers don't plan on answering every little mystery, but try to think of some
questions that you want to know the answers to.

Some obvious ones are...

What exactly is the smoke monster?
Where did Claire go?
What is the role of Jacks dad?
What is Juliets cup size?

D Rock
01-25-2010, 10:52 PM
side note...Juliet has done a nude lesbian scene with Angelina Jolie. Worth a look.

and I am super excited about the new season. I'm halfway through season 4...for a second time. I've watched everything before that twice now, and they were just as good even when I knew what was going to happen because soooo much more makes sense now.

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2010, 11:10 AM
I know the writers don't plan on answering every little mystery, but try to think of some
questions that you want to know the answers to.

Some obvious ones are...

What exactly is the smoke monster?
Where did Claire go?
What is the role of Jacks dad?
What is Juliets cup size?

There were a couple of threads early that seem to have fizzled involving

Claire's son (why did the fortune teller tell Claire not to let another man raise him lest there would be a disaster).

Walt (he seemed to have some supernatural stuff going on during a flashback and didn't the others send him away due to some sort of danger)

But I agree about the smoke monster (and the polar bears).

calmkiller
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.sl-lost.com/

There are a bunch a photos and interviews posted here. Also Trailers with brand new footage from the next season. If you don't want to be spoiled don't watch the videos labeled as such.....I personally WANTED TO KNOW!!!

D Rock
02-02-2010, 09:01 PM
and HERE, WE, GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

MeetJoeGreene
02-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Unreal, insane opening episode.

I have a feeling that we are in for a wiild ride this year.

I won't post any spoiler thoughts in case everyone hasn't watched it yet.

Jigawatts
02-03-2010, 02:07 PM

Feel free to share your ideas as long as they are not truly insider spoilers.

One thing that I came away with last night is that I think that Jacob has taken over
Sayed's body. Sayed was dead, then all of the sudden rises. Hurley already spoke
with Jacob's spirit, so I'm guessing he took over Sayed's body

What's with this parallel universe? Is Jack just imagining all this, because so far he's the
only one that seems to think that he knows some of the survivors.

D Rock
02-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Jack definitely had something going on in his mind when he was on the plane and they didn't crash.

I think he just had a six-season long day dream, and that's what we've been watching. :D

MeetJoeGreene
02-04-2010, 04:39 PM

One thing that I came away with last night is that I think that Jacob has taken over
Sayed's body. Sayed was dead, then all of the sudden rises. Hurley already spoke

What's with this parallel universe? Is Jack just imagining all this, because so far he's the

I never thought of that. That is a really good thought.

Iron Shiek
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM

How did you miss that?!?! Ha...

Actually...I was thinking the same thing. Jacob and "his enemy" (the alter John Locke) just seem to be bouncing from body to body. Not sure what is going on with all that. Very confusing. And then they go and throw in other "others". Like where have they been hiding this whole time.

And I am lost on the parallel time frame. It really doesn't appear that anybody knows anybody even though they are giving us that impression. I wonder if they keep it going because in an hour long episode it would be hard to keep jumping back and forth like that. But what do I know.

calmkiller
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM

How did you miss that?!?! Ha...

Actually...I was thinking the same thing. Jacob and "his enemy" (the alter John Locke) just seem to be bouncing from body to body. Not sure what is going on with all that. Very confusing. And then they go and throw in other "others". Like where have they been hiding this whole time.

And I am lost on the parallel time frame. It really doesn't appear that anybody knows anybody even though they are giving us that impression. I wonder if they keep it going because in an hour long episode it would be hard to keep jumping back and forth like that. But what do I know.

Although the Man in Black/Smoke Monster isn't in John's body. He just took the form of John. John's body is still laying on the beach. And we don't really know if he took Christian's body or just his form because they never found his body. Just the empty casket.

calmkiller
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
The most interesting thing to think about is when Sawyer went down to save Juliet. She said "we could get coffee, Double dutch" or something along those lines. And right after that she wanted to tell Sawyer that it worked. So if they die in the current time line do they return to the alternate. Perhaps Juliet "phased over" to where her and sawyer meet in the new, none crashed time line, then back to die?

Jigawatts
02-24-2010, 02:20 PM
So far I'm overwhelmed by all the answers...

MeetJoeGreene
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
So far I'm overwhelmed by all the answers...

I am overwhelmed period. It is definitely dense and fast paced this season.

I still don't have a clear picture of what will happen in the end.

D Rock
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
the re-runs played on the next week is the best thing to ever happen to LOST. Seeing it again helps clear things up, and the pop-up video styled captions help bring the last 5 years together much more clearly.

how the heck did so much change in the flash-sideways just because they didn't crash?

Shannon didn't leave Australia?
Locke and Helen are getting married now?
Jack has a son?

It's like the non-crash didn't just start a new series of events, it actually changed things that had happened years previous to flight 815 departing Sydney. Could it be that they were in the past when they exploded the bomb, thus changing things that had happened from that point on in their regular lives in the blink of an eye and placing them back on the plane as a result of another time travel experience?

I've never been so happy to be confused as I am watching this show!

calmkiller
03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
the re-runs played on the next week is the best thing to ever happen to LOST. Seeing it again helps clear things up, and the pop-up video styled captions help bring the last 5 years together much more clearly.

how the heck did so much change in the flash-sideways just because they didn't crash?

Shannon didn't leave Australia?
Locke and Helen are getting married now?
Jack has a son?

It's like the non-crash didn't just start a new series of events, it actually changed things that had happened years previous to flight 815 departing Sydney. Could it be that they were in the past when they exploded the bomb, thus changing things that had happened from that point on in their regular lives in the blink of an eye and placing them back on the plane as a result of another time travel experience?

I've never been so happy to be confused as I am watching this show!

Its not so much the non crash. Its the fact that the island is underwater. Therefor Jacob isn't on the island and altering the course of their lives in anyway. If the island sank in 1976 or whenever then no one would go to the island to work. Completely changing everything.

Iron Shiek
03-05-2010, 11:48 PM
But yet many of their lives are still intertwined. Locke and Hurley; Locke and Jack; Sayeed and Jin; Kate and Claire. Not to mention Keamy, the dude that shot Linus' daughter was still a seedy character. Still rather confusing, yet entertaining as heck.

MeetJoeGreene
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Wow. What an episode.

The island is a cork holding back hell. (If Jacob can be believed).

Is hell the "energy source" that they were going to drill into?

The MIB (Man in black) told Richard that he could change his mind and come back to him any time.

Makes you still question who is good/bad between Jacob and MIB.

Jigawatts
03-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Absolutely amazing episode. I would have paid to see that in a theater. Probably one
of the most interesting back stories/flashbacks. The mystery of Richard is finally solved,
we know how the Black Rock ended up in the middle of the island, and we know how the
statue was smashed.

I've gotta say, MIB doesn't really seem like all that bad of a guy, but I guess that's what
the devil wants you to think. :lol:

I also liked him smashing the wine bottle at the end, symbolizing that he's going to unleash
hell (or at least try), kind of like Tomlin in December.

Iron Shiek
03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
I finally watched the Richard episode and holy hel!, it was freakin awesomeness.

Everything you guys mentioned was great. I especially liked one line you didn't include.

Jacob telling Richard that everyone that he brings to the Island has "Lost" something. Gives new meaning to the title of the show and a nice play on words.

kaydee
03-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Okay, guys. I'm a nurse who works in a hospital on the 3-11 shift and missed the last 2 episodes of Lost. What's Richard's story, and how did the Black Rock end up in the middle of the island? What's up with the MiB and Jacob? Is Jacob the devil? HELP! Any update you all can give me would be appreciated.

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Okay, guys. I'm a nurse who works in a hospital on the 3-11 shift and missed the last 2 episodes of Lost. What's Richard's story, and how did the Black Rock end up in the middle of the island? What's up with the MiB and Jacob? Is Jacob the devil? HELP! Any update you all can give me would be appreciated.

I don't watch Lost, so I won't be any help here. I just wanted to commend you on having a cool Steeler avatar. Nicely done. Welcome.

fordfixer
03-31-2010, 12:44 AM

I don't watch Lost, so I won't be any help here. I just wanted to commend you on having a cool Steeler avatar. Nicely done. Welcome.
:Agree Welcome to the Planet

Jigawatts
03-31-2010, 03:46 PM

I recommend watching the Richard episode. Probably one of the best episodes of the
entire series and I really wouldn't want to give away too many spoilers here.

Welcome to the Planet. :Beer

kaydee
03-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Thank you so much for your input, guys. I will be sure to try to watch the Richard episode specifically. I really want to know his story.

Thanks, too, to everyone for your warm welcome to the Planet.

Iron Shiek
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM

I recommend watching the Richard episode. Probably one of the best episodes of the
entire series and I really wouldn't want to give away too many spoilers here.

Welcome to the Planet. :Beer

A little late to the party here, but I gotta agree 100% with Jiga. I don't think I've ever been more enthralled in a Lost episode than the Richard one (maybe some Sayid episode from way back). But things are starting to fall into place.

And my "people have 'Lost' everything" versus "people being 'Lost'" comment a couple comments back was echoed in the promo for next week's episode when they had the words "Lost" on the screen and kept flashing up different words before it like "Dreams", "Lives", etc. I'm sure I'm late to the party in catching that as well, but they've made a concerted effort to pound that into us lately it seems.

D Rock
04-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Thoughts on the little kids on the island?

Smokey seems to really be bothered by them. I think the one last night was him as a child and the other one from a few weeks back was Jacob as a child.

It's cool to know for sure what the whispers are now too. There was always talk of the others who left no footprints and all that jazz. Well...there they are.

Jigawatts
04-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I will be watching the Pens game tonight and at the same time, in a parallel universe, I
will be watching lost. Ok, ok, there's no parallel universe, but God bless the DVR. :Bow

flippy
05-03-2010, 04:19 PM
I have a zillion questions. I'm lost more every week.

Do we definitely know they 5/6 remaining candidates to replace Jacob? Claire for example has the same father as Jack so shouldn't her name really be the same as Jack's? And perhaps her son should have the same last name too. And there are always these strange links between people we learn about as the show goes on. Maybe someone else is married and we don't know it yet.

Is John Locke really dead? All of the 5 candidates have 5 of the 6 magic numbers. Locke was number 4 on the cave wall. Is Smokey allowed to cross him out?

Why was Linus able to kill Jacob and one of the candidates (Locke)?

Are these people dead or alive?

Why can't MIB kill Jacob himself?

Jacob says the island is like wine glass with cork and the cork is the island. MiB smashed the wine open by breaking the glass. Does that represent him getting off the island? or is it a way to work around Jacob's rules to unleash hell like he was able to work around and kill Jacob with Linus?

WHo all has the smoke monster impersonated? Is he impersonating anyone else right now? Anyone/everyone could be dead.

Shouldn't they also need Locke to get off the island since he's the #4 candidate?

Why doesn't smokey just kill everyone?

oh yeah, and wtf is going on?

and what's with the stories on and off the island? is all the stuff happening in LA happening after the final episode after everything gets resolved?

is there something religious to all of this? my first thought was this was pergatory. but i have a different theory every week.

i've got a million more, but in general anyone really get this show? i'm seriously lost.

what's lost? people, things, ideas, humanity, hope,time, me, etc?

are we gonna find out these is some cheesy love story in the end?

etc.

D Rock
05-04-2010, 09:34 AM

Do we definitely know they 5/6 remaining candidates to replace Jacob? Claire for example has the same father as Jack so shouldn't her name really be the same as Jack's? And perhaps her son should have the same last name too. And there are always these strange links between people we learn about as the show goes on. Maybe someone else is married and we don't know it yet.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates
Is John Locke really dead? All of the 5 candidates have 5 of the 6 magic numbers. Locke was number 4 on the cave wall. Is Smokey allowed to cross him out?

These people can't kill themselves on the island, but anyone is able to be killed (Jack and Richard in the Black Rock.)

I believe them to be alive.

As the little mystery kid said...there are rules.

Jacob says the island is like wine glass with cork and the cork is the island. MiB smashed the wine open by breaking the glass. Does that represent him getting off the island? or is it a way to work around Jacob's rules to unleash hell like he was able to work around and kill Jacob with Linus?

This depends on the month. If it took place in December, then yes, he was unleashing hell.

WHo all has the smoke monster impersonated? Is he impersonating anyone else right now? Anyone/everyone could be dead.

After taking Locke's body, he is unable to take any other forms. Any apparent hallucination that led people somewhere or to think something has been the smoke though.

Shouldn't they also need Locke to get off the island since he's the #4 candidate?

That's probably why MIB took his body, to preserve that chance.

He needs them to fight Widmore's people. They are his foot soldiers, doing the things he can't because of the 'rules'

Not really sure.

and what's with the stories on and off the island? is all the stuff happening in LA happening after the final episode after everything gets resolved?

It's an alternate timeline happening at the same time but in another dimension kinda thing. It seems as if they all need to 'find their constant' or some sort of memory to join the two dimensions and set things straight, and that Desmond is the key to making this happen because he can consciously live both dimensions simultaneously while it is only a subconscious vision of the other dimension for every else in LA

is there something religious to all of this? my first thought was this was pergatory. but i have a different theory every week.

I think it will come back around to being more science fiction that religion by the end of the show.

i've got a million more, but in general anyone really get this show? i'm seriously lost.

etc.

rummage around on that lostpedia site I linked to earlier. If you have a few hours to kill you can remember/learn a good bit looking through that.

*Everything said here is my opinion and I have the right to change it anytime I am proven wrong*

flippy
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates

These people can't kill themselves on the island, but anyone is able to be killed (Jack and Richard in the Black Rock.)

I believe them to be alive.

As the little mystery kid said...there are rules.

This depends on the month. If it took place in December, then yes, he was unleashing hell.

After taking Locke's body, he is unable to take any other forms. Any apparent hallucination that led people somewhere or to think something has been the smoke though.

That's probably why MIB took his body, to preserve that chance.

He needs them to fight Widmore's people. They are his foot soldiers, doing the things he can't because of the 'rules'

Not really sure.

It's an alternate timeline happening at the same time but in another dimension kinda thing. It seems as if they all need to 'find their constant' or some sort of memory to join the two dimensions and set things straight, and that Desmond is the key to making this happen because he can consciously live both dimensions simultaneously while it is only a subconscious vision of the other dimension for every else in LA

I think it will come back around to being more science fiction that religion by the end of the show.

etc.

rummage around on that lostpedia site I linked to earlier. If you have a few hours to kill you can remember/learn a good bit looking through that.

*Everything said here is my opinion and I have the right to change it anytime I am proven wrong*

Thanks for the lostpedia link, that's pretty cool info. I need a spare week to read and re-read all that info.

Every episode, I feel like I need to rewatch every prior episode to fully get what's going on.

I typically dislike scifi, but I'm glad this show drew me in before i realized all this time travel, scifi stuff was going on. The way the show is put together is brilliant.

Chadman
05-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Are we still discussing LOST here?

Last night (my times are probably different to yours) we saw Sayid, Lipides, Sun & jin bite the bullett (causing chadwoman to lose it & cry uncontrollably).

Here's my theory- we are literally looking at Jacob's Ladder- the characters are, in fact, dead- as Richard told Jack in "The Richard Episode".

All the characters are flawed before the died, and to ascend to Heaven, must redeem themselves.

Think about it- Michael sacrifices himself on the boat- dies & leaves the show. Sayid sarifices himself, dies & leaves the show. jin stays with Sun in the sub, dies & leaves the show. Juliet sets off the bomb- dies & leaves the show. Charlie sacrifices himself to show Desmond that it wasn't Penny's boat- dies & leaves the show. By show- I guess I mean Island.. :D

I believe (my memory & religious background are sketchy at best) that in the Bible, Jacob has a brother that opposes him. Could that be the MiB? Or could the show just be melding parts of religion & have Jacob assume the role of not only Jacob, but perhaps St Peter as well- deciding who gets into Heaven?

Is the Island Purgetory? Perhaps- but I believe the writers have said it isn't.

Flawed characters having to prove themselves before ascending to Heaven is very similar to the story of Jacob's Ladder however.

And at the beginning of the story of Jacob's Ladder- Jacob wakes, uncertain of his surroundings, in a field. Think back to the very first episode- Jack wakes, uncertain of his surroundings, in a field. Not on the beach.

Anyway...just a theory...and I believe episode 15 is a "Big Reveal" episode. Can't wait!!

Jigawatts
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Another great episode. It's gonna be a sad day when this show ends, but at the same
time I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I was browsing around the lostpedia forum reading some theories and whatnot when I
saw what was probably the most hilarious photoshopped sigs I've ever seen. I was literally
laughing till it hurt when I saw this and I think it's worth sharing.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2057/locke.jpg

flippy
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Are we still discussing LOST here?

Last night (my times are probably different to yours) we saw Sayid, Lipides, Sun & jin bite the bullett (causing chadwoman to lose it & cry uncontrollably).

Here's my theory- we are literally looking at Jacob's Ladder- the characters are, in fact, dead- as Richard told Jack in "The Richard Episode".

All the characters are flawed before the died, and to ascend to Heaven, must redeem themselves.

Think about it- Michael sacrifices himself on the boat- dies & leaves the show. Sayid sarifices himself, dies & leaves the show. jin stays with Sun in the sub, dies & leaves the show. Juliet sets off the bomb- dies & leaves the show. Charlie sacrifices himself to show Desmond that it wasn't Penny's boat- dies & leaves the show. By show- I guess I mean Island.. :D

I believe (my memory & religious background are sketchy at best) that in the Bible, Jacob has a brother that opposes him. Could that be the MiB? Or could the show just be melding parts of religion & have Jacob assume the role of not only Jacob, but perhaps St Peter as well- deciding who gets into Heaven?

Is the Island Purgetory? Perhaps- but I believe the writers have said it isn't.

Flawed characters having to prove themselves before ascending to Heaven is very similar to the story of Jacob's Ladder however.

And at the beginning of the story of Jacob's Ladder- Jacob wakes, uncertain of his surroundings, in a field. Think back to the very first episode- Jack wakes, uncertain of his surroundings, in a field. Not on the beach.

Anyway...just a theory...and I believe episode 15 is a "Big Reveal" episode. Can't wait!!

I agree with most of this and it's why I still view this as some kind of purgatory. Didn't realize they said it was not.

Jacob's ladder is referenced in the new testament as well in John 1:51. I think it means that Jacob's ladder represents the eternal connection of heaven and earth through the sacrafice of JC. And that connection persists through our lives as well as through death. ie God is always connected to us.

D Rock
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
you'd think an entire episode about Jacob and the Boy/Man in Black would be more interesting and reveal more secrets. It touched on a lot of them, but didn't really outright reveal much.

For only having two weeks left after that show (although the finale is 2.5 weeks worth of show in itself) I thought there would be a lot more going on. A bit of a snoozer that one was.

MeetJoeGreene
05-13-2010, 11:25 AM
you'd think an entire episode about Jacob and the Boy/Man in Black would be more interesting and reveal more secrets. It touched on a lot of them, but didn't really outright reveal much.

For only having two weeks left after that show (although the finale is 2.5 weeks worth of show in itself) I thought there would be a lot more going on. A bit of a snoozer that one was.

There are so many lose ends that I can't see how everything will be answered.

-- why was Walt special?
-- why was Aaron not supposed to be raised by another dude.

etc.

I don't think we are going to get everything tied up in a neat bow.
Even though the last episode is 2.5X - the last half hr will probably be "epilog".

flippy
05-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I was a little dissappointed by that episode as well.

i'm even more confused about the rules and why is the man in black dead?

and what's the light and what is the smoke monster that came out when jacob threw his brother down the river?

and is the man in black the good guy? why did jacob turn on his brother instead of his kidnapping adoptive mother?

and why was the MiB the special son?

and why doesn't he have a name?

it really felt like a lot happened but nothing happened at the same time. lost was soap opera like for a night.

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2010, 01:32 PM

It is just going to fade to black as Journey's Don't Stop Believin' plays in the background. :evil:

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/f9/b1/44653c3340e498eb581c30a19e30.jpeg

Jigawatts
05-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I didn't get too much out of that episode other than Jacob inadvertently created Smokey.
I thought that if they were going to do an episode like that, it shouldn't have been so close
to the end. It was much like that episode a few years ago with the diamond thieves. Kind
of like a filler on the B side of my favorite mixed tape.

flippy
05-13-2010, 04:16 PM

It is just going to fade to black as Journey's Don't Stop Believin' plays in the background. :evil:

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/f9/b1/44653c3340e498eb581c30a19e30.jpeg

That was my favorite series of all time until Lost.

I feel so disappointed every time I hear that song now. If this ends that way, I'm gonna feel like I did last night watching the Pens, but it's gonna last way longer.

Iron Shiek
05-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Everyone wants answers...but the Fake Mother's line to the real Mother was basically the writers' way of telling everyone to chill out.

"Every answer I give you will lead to more questions."

This episode, to me, was awesome, gave alot of context around how those characters originated. They've done it with most every other character, why not with them. But again, its a never ending cycle. Who came before them? The fake Mother couldn't have been the first one there. Just more questions. I've come to the realization that everything can't possibly be answered, and its fine with me. Just give me the big idea and a good ending and I'll be happy.

Alot of crazy thoughts ran through my head. But I've forgotten most of them. One thing I remember is that rug thing she was knitting. She was almost done with it then she died. Last time I remember seeing that thing was in Jacob's lair right before Linus killed him. What the heck is that thing anyway?

The other thing that stood out was how the mother told Jacob, "It was always going to be you", which sound just like Sayid telling Jack, "Its going to be you" right before he blew himself up.

And where the heck are Linus, Richard and Miles!? Is widmore good or bad...I still can't seem to figure that out? But I do think the Jacob/Man In Black = Good/Evil comparison is a bit off. Man In Black wasn't necessarily evil as we saw, he just wanted to leave.

flippy
05-14-2010, 02:49 PM
This episode, to me, was awesome, gave alot of context around how those characters originated. They've done it with most every other character, why not with them.

I agree with a lot of what you had to say. But the one issue I had with this episode is it was a little weak on content. I would have liked more of an "aha" moment like in many of these other background stories.