PDA

View Full Version : LOST thread...

Pages : 1 [2]

costanza2k1
05-17-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm kind of upset that this is all coming to an end soon. I'm hoping for some movies to come out of this...

MeetJoeGreene
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Awesome episode tonite.

Thoughts:

Hurley recognized Ana Lucia - he must be aware of both now.

I almost cried when Jack took the job.

Miles may ghost read Zoe and Widmore's corpses to figure out how to use Desmond to kill smoke monster

Jigawatts
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Awesome episode tonite.

Thoughts:

Hurley recognized Ana Lucia - he must be aware of both now.

I almost cried when Jack took the job.

Miles may ghost read Zoe and Widmore's corpses to figure out how to use Desmond to kill smoke monster

If Miles successfully escaped through the passage, what were Zoe and Widmore doing
still hanging out in the closet? Did I miss something there?

And WTF is Ben up to? There's got to be a reason why he suddenly turned into a "bad guy."

This is gonna be a great finale, though I'm not thrilled with the start time since my two
little maniacs won't be in bed yet. :D

One more thing, it seems like each season I have at least one favorite character.
Desmond's is definitely the front runner this season. I can't wait to see what his crazy
arse is up to collecting all these people in the alternate time line.

RuthlessBurgher
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
And WTF is Ben up to? There's got to be a reason why he suddenly turned into a "bad guy."

Haven't we been over this already in countless threads? Don't make me move this to the "Around the NFL" forum with all of the other threads asking WTF Ben is up to and why he suddenly turned into a bad guy.

:Hater

:lol:

Jigawatts
05-19-2010, 12:52 PM

Haven't we been over this already in countless threads? Don't make me move this to the "Around the NFL" forum with all of the other threads asking WTF Ben is up to and why he suddenly turned into a bad guy.

:Hater

:lol:

Frontal lobe damage. :twisted:

D Rock
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I definitely think Hurley figured something out that we haven't seen him figuring out yet. He was big time into helping Desmond collect everyone.

Help my memory...I know Desmond met Hurley at Mr. Clucks. Did he say something or have something happen while there that convinced Hurley.

Hugo Reyes is the biggest wild card in the deck. He's going to have a gigantic role in this thing ending, and not just because he's one of the only people left!

Chadman
05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Starting to think we might not see all the answers!!

Things of interest to come out of the last few weeks-

Jacob & MiB are both HUMAN, so not angels, God-like beings. Just human. Both appear to have started out as neither good or evil, although Young Jacob was very niaive..

Jacob produced MiB as the Smoke Monster by throwing him down the hole.

Desmond is collecting all the candidates in the alternate timeline. MiB revealed that Widmore told him that Desmond was the "Fail Safe" in case Jacob failed (Funny- Desmond was also Daniel Farraday's 'Constant'). With Desmond collecting the candudates in the Alt timeline, and with Widmore's 'Fail Safe' comment- it leads me to think that there are several timelines running at any moment- and that Desmond is collecting the same candidates in the Alt line in case the 'real' timeline outcome has Smokey winning.

Despite Jack saying that Smokey can't kill anyone- Smokey killed Widmore's offsider without any problem. Jack was wrong. But then- Jacob was wrong by throwing his Bro down the hole.

Ben Linus is angry at being the 'victim' on the island. Vengence runs his every motive- hence killing Widmore so that his daughter (Penny) doesn't get the guarenteed life. I see a sorry ending for Ben coming up.

Miles escaped through the jungle with the walkie talkie- Ben has the other one. Why??

Chadman
05-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Hurley- when watching Jack & Jacob go off together says something very un-Hurley like- "Glad that's not me".

Jacob revealed how he selected the candidates- they all were searching for something- they were incomplete...one could say, LOST even...but we didn't find out how the Hell Jacob can travel the world to find these candidates. Something that will hopefully be explained!!

I'm coming to the realisation that I may never know what significance there is to Walt & why he is 'special', why there was a statue on the island, where Jacob & MiB's 'mother' came from, Richard's overall purpose, the name of MiB, how the island can move, how some people can leave the island (the others) by using a Sub, why Miles' can talk with the dead...and so can Hurley, and no doubt, any number of other LOST stories I can't remembre at this point..

Chadman
05-19-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/taweret.html

Read this & tell me if it sounds something like the Jacob/MiB/Mother storyline...

flippy
05-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Desmond is collecting the same candidates in the Alt line in case the 'real' timeline outcome has Smokey winning.

I thought the same thing and think Desmond fixing everything in the alt time line will be the ending. But I'm not sure Desmond will need to fix everything.

And I also suspect we won't even know if it worked or who won, good or evil? Good vs evil will persist beyond the grave of this show. And we'll all be left wanting more.

I can't wait for the 4.5 hours on Sunday night.

MeetJoeGreene
05-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Hurley- when watching Jack & Jacob go off together says something very un-Hurley like- "Glad that's not me".

Jacob revealed how he selected the candidates- they all were searching for something- they were incomplete...one could say, LOST even...but we didn't find out how the Hell Jacob can travel the world to find these candidates. Something that will hopefully be explained!!

I'm coming to the realisation that I may never know what significance there is to Walt & why he is 'special', why there was a statue on the island, where Jacob & MiB's 'mother' came from, Richard's overall purpose, the name of MiB, how the island can move, how some people can leave the island (the others) by using a Sub, why Miles' can talk with the dead...and so can Hurley, and no doubt, any number of other LOST stories I can't remembre at this point..

Those.. plus.

What was up w/ the polar bears.
why was Aaron not supposed to be raised by a male?
What is the significance of Desmond being Faraday's constant.
Whay is Desmond immune to electromagnetic radiation
What was the significance of the numbers they had to type in? The same numbers Hurley won the lottery with.

Iron Shiek
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Here's another one: In the season opener, we saw the island buried under the ocean...what timeline/timeframe does that happen in? I think maybe that image/notion gets brought back in the finale.

D Rock
05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
It's almost here ladies and gentlemen.

Both of the pilot episodes and the one where they show Jacob in the real world touching all of the candidates were on the last couple days. I was able to DVR them and watch them today. No matter how many times I see these episodes they are still so good because every time I watch them I see something new that finally makes some sense.

NJ-STEELER
05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
where was this "smoke monster" during seasons after 1 (and 2 was it?)

why didn't it just kill everything when it came upon it

D Rock
05-23-2010, 08:19 PM
One of the rules of the island is that it cannot kill any of Jacob's candidates.

The monster had already killed most other people, so I guess he had some time to take a couple seasons long nap.

flippy
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Can anyone explain this show?

Here's an attempt:

The show was the decomposition of the human mind as it deals with death. The entire show happened in a split second or during some struggle to stay alive.

The only thing that was real was the plane wreck.

The island was the mind struggling with not being ready to die. And going through all the thoughts of life left to be lived. Lose ends to be tied together.

And in crazed delusion, grasping to cling to life, the mind gets mixed up with deal with internal struggle and hearing and seeing the voice of people surrounding the individual that's about to die.

There's an awareness of others. A yearning for making right and seeking forgiveness. And complete disorientation.

The whole story is told from the perspective of Jack dying.

Walt for example could have been conjured up in Jack's mind as he hears or witnesses a young boy screaming "I'm too young to die".

The Man in Black could have been telling people that they're going to live and make it through this.

The struggle could have been the chaos in the plane wreck.

The island going under could represent drowing.

The people in the crash could have crossed paths with others on their way to the afterlife.

Perhaps there's a greater connection between people that we can experience as we get closer to God.

However fleeting those experiences may be.

And some may not have died.

Perhaps Ben lived. And he didn't go into the church.

Or he was at least struggling to live.

And maybe Jacob and Richard represent some sort of angel.

And in the end, maybe this show was about hope for mankind that we can resolve any issues and make right with God the moment before we pass.

D Rock
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
nah man the time on the island, back in LA after the original rescue, and the time back on the island again was all real. It just so happened they landed on a crazy island containing massive amounts of electromagnetic energy, where a lot of weird people and things were.

These people were all searching for some real meaning and relationships in life before the Oceanic crash. They found it in their new neighbors after the crash. As time went on, some died, others lived, but everyone who gathered in that church at the end found people they cared about and wanted to be with because of the crash.

In the end they all met up after dying in some realm of collective thought/energy and were unable to move on and be at rest until they people that meant the most were all there. This place had no real time, as Christian told Jack. It was just a period in which they were all dead. It very well could have been 50 years after the Ajira plane flew over Jack's dying body, because that could be how long it took for Kate or Sawyer to then die back in LA or wherever they settled.

The people that were created (Jack's son) were figments of their thoughts and desires to fix their shortcomings in life before moving on. Jack may have felt bad that he couldn't be the father Aaron needed when he was with kate. It could have also been a way for him to clarify what he needed from his relationship with his own father and then use that to make amends with him.

Ben didn't go with them because he hadn't found what he needed yet. Alex may not have been dead yet, or there could have been other wrongs he needed to get some closure with first, as he had with Locke for killing him.

MeetJoeGreene
05-25-2010, 08:43 AM
My Thoughts on the finale:

I was generally pleased with the Alt-Universe resolutions. There were some real tear jerking moments in that.

I was "OK" with the Island ending. Not thrilled but OK. I was actually hoping that when Jack went down there, he would encounter the "oracle of the island" that would explain all of the open questions and mysteries. But not to be. They had to leave somre room for bonus material on the DVD or a movie.

There were several unanswered questions that still bug me. I am OK with some unanswered questions (to leave it to our imagination), but I want to have the confidence that they thought things through and didn't make crap up and dump things out as they went along.

-- why couldn't people have babies on the island?
-- what was the deal w/ Walt.
-- what was the deal with Claire's baby
-- what were the signifcance of the numbers?
-- did entering those numbers every so often keep that cork in place?
-- did the removal of the cork by Desmond enable Jack and MIB/Locke to be killed?
-- Anybody notice that when the second plane escaped, there were 6 people on it? Same as the "Oceanic 6".
-- Who bulit the wheel and how did it move the islland and why did some people get spit out in Tunisia?
-- what was the deal w/ that temple and the beginning of this year and the water that healed Sayid?

flippy
05-25-2010, 10:19 AM
How do you guys know they weren't dead the second they originally crashed? And nothing on the island was real?

Either the island was complete fiction or in someone's head.

If it was in someone's head, all unanswered questions can possibly be explained.

-- why couldn't people have babies on the island?

they were dead

-- what was the deal w/ Walt.

he survived or went straight to heaven cause he was innocent

-- what was the deal with Claire's baby

Claire wasn't ready to die, she was pregnant, the baby left the island signaling it went to heaven, didn't need to come back because it was with God off the island because of it's innocence

-- what were the signifcance of the numbers?

Valenzetti Equation, representing the struggle of humanity's flaws. Will man destroy civilization or will man be redeemed? This is the core question of the show.

-- did entering those numbers every so often keep that cork in place?
maybe, i think the fact that someone entered the numbers meant someone wanted to keep the Valenzetti Equation fixed so that mankind could have a chance to be redeemed

-- did the removal of the cork by Desmond enable Jack and MIB/Locke to be killed?
They were already dead, but not ready for the afterlife. Being killed or getting off the island or being crossed off the list represented being ready to move on. MIB/Jacob were neither good or bad, they were lost souls as well with their own unresolved issues. and they reprented the struggle of man. they could have been the same person - there wasn't a second baby that was known and there wasn't a second name given besides jacob. Jacob/MIB could be internal struggle.

-- Anybody notice that when the second plane escaped, there were 6 people on it? Same as the "Oceanic 6".
They were ready to move on to their afterlife. There are lots of 3s and 2s in the bible. 3x2 = 6 which is a religious number of significance. Wonder if it signifies in some way we need one another for redemption.

-- Who bulit the wheel and how did it move the islland and why did some people get spit out in Tunisia?
It was symbolic, just like many other things on the island. Could represent randomness and some things being out of our control

-- what was the deal w/ that temple and the beginning of this year and the water that healed Sayid?the temple was like the church where everyone met in the end in the side story. a place for people to come together to prepare to move on. the water could symbolize baptism/rebirth

Iron Shiek
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
D Rock basically has the same train of thought as I do.

The Sideways world essentially never happened and really was Jack's own personal story on his ascension to afterlife.

I was very pleased with the finale and have no qualms with some things being left unanswered. However I really was displeased with the whole "Jack having a son in his 'purgatory'" and it seemed useless to me. I know it might have represented how he would've wanted things to be and be a better father than Christian was to him, but then him and Juliet basically abandon their fake son in the purgatory to move into afterlife? What happens to him. It just seemed unnecessary.

flippy
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
D Rock basically has the same train of thought as I do.

The Sideways world essentially never happened and really was Jack's own personal story on his ascension to afterlife.

I was very pleased with the finale and have no qualms with some things being left unanswered. However I really was displeased with the whole "Jack having a son in his 'purgatory'" and it seemed useless to me. I know it might have represented how he would've wanted things to be and be a better father than Christian was to him, but then him and Juliet basically abandon their fake son in the purgatory to move into afterlife? What happens to him. It just seemed unnecessary.

I've been thinking about this and rewatched the finale. And now I'm thinking the island was the story on the ascension to afterlife and it wasn't working and it had to work through the sideways story.

Maybe the island was hell just like MIB told Richard.

These people died and were being pulled toward hell because they were lost souls.

But they fought it and were able to find redemption in the sideways story.

And maybe smokey was the devil trying to take over the world.

And the candidates were angels or God's warriors protecting the light for the sake of all of humanity.

Perhaps it's suggesting, we can be redeemed in the afterlife and there will still be work to do after we die.

The Island was so ridiculous, I think they had to be dead while there.

Otherwise this story is sill sci fi which I hate and I liked Lost too much :D

D Rock
05-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't think this show was religious in the view of any common religion. It was spiritual however, meaning heaven, hell, and purgatory in their religious senses were not in play, but mythological themes and a sense of the afterlife were fair game.

It was definitely sci-fi. That allowed for all the crazy stuff to be acceptable. Sorry buddy, but you just loved a sci-fi show.

I don't think they were dead on the island because A) on Jimmy Kimmel's after show Matthew Fox (Jack) agreed with Jimmy that the time on the island was real. I think he'd know enough about the show to take his word on that. and also B) if they were dead then all the people they died with would mean nothing to them. Ben wouldn't have existed to Jack. They would have no need to reconnect with these people before they could move on.

Jack and Juliet's son being left behind is irrelevant. He wasn't left behind because he wasn't real. He was just a figment of Jack's imagination for the sake of coping.

Now Jin and Sun's daughter...that was just mean for them to "die together" and make her "live alone"... Did they learn nothing from Jack?!?!

One last thing I believe was that the show was based on Jack's story, and how Jack needed to move on from the alt timeline, but those that left the church still left with him. It wasn't just him going and using their remembrances to set himself free. At that moment they all moved on and ceased to exist in that collective energy and thought place. Otherwise Ben staying behind wouldn't be significant, nor would chronicling everyone's come-to moments.

MeetJoeGreene
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
If you really want to read a boatload of discussions and theories about it.. try this site:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/main-forum-f2.html

flippy
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think this show was religious in the view of any common religion. It was spiritual however, meaning heaven, hell, and purgatory in their religious senses were not in play, but mythological themes and a sense of the afterlife were fair game.

It was definitely sci-fi. That allowed for all the crazy stuff to be acceptable. Sorry buddy, but you just loved a sci-fi show.

I don't think they were dead on the island because A) on Jimmy Kimmel's after show Matthew Fox (Jack) agreed with Jimmy that the time on the island was real. I think he'd know enough about the show to take his word on that. and also B) if they were dead then all the people they died with would mean nothing to them. Ben wouldn't have existed to Jack. They would have no need to reconnect with these people before they could move on.

Jack and Juliet's son being left behind is irrelevant. He wasn't left behind because he wasn't real. He was just a figment of Jack's imagination for the sake of coping.

Now Jin and Sun's daughter...that was just mean for them to "die together" and make her "live alone"... Did they learn nothing from Jack?!?!

One last thing I believe was that the show was based on Jack's story, and how Jack needed to move on from the alt timeline, but those that left the church still left with him. It wasn't just him going and using their remembrances to set himself free. At that moment they all moved on and ceased to exist in that collective energy and thought place. Otherwise Ben staying behind wouldn't be significant, nor would chronicling everyone's come-to moments.

If they were alive on the island and all died at different times, why was everyone in the church the same age that they were on the island? Shouldn't some have been way older since they continued to live longer?

Why didn't Richard age on the island if he wasn't dead?

Potentially dead spirits could come together in death. Maybe the island represented the coming together of spirit in afterlife?

I didn't see Jack's comments on Kimmel, so you may have me on that one. But it's possible no one really understands this fully. Even the writers/actors :lol

Thanks for the discussion link MJG!!!!

D Rock
05-26-2010, 02:40 PM

Just my opinions of course, but...

If they were alive on the island and all died at different times, why was everyone in the church the same age that they were on the island? Shouldn't some have been way older since they continued to live longer?

The meeting at the church had no "here" and no "now" so age was irrelevant. I guess one argument could be that it was at those ages that they all came together and found each other in real life so thats how they appeared to each other then. Another could be that Jack did not know what those people looked like at other times in their lives as he lived and died only knowing them for those handful of years (aaron being the exception...kid's grow fast). A third option could be that...well...that's how old the actors really are so that's how old they appeared to be. Would you really want to end a 6 year show by having other people play the main characters as if they were older?

Why didn't Richard age on the island if he wasn't dead?

Because you just loved a sci-fi show so it's perfectly normal for people to have special gifts and not age :moon

Potentially dead spirits could come together in death. Maybe the island represented the coming together of spirit in afterlife?

So then what would be the purpose of the alt timeline?

I didn't see Jack's comments on Kimmel, so you may have me on that one. But it's possible no one really understands this fully. Even the writers/actors :lol

They also said that Terry O'Quinn (Locke) didn't know he was even taken over by Smokey until he had filmed several episodes in that role. The writers apparently kept the actors in the dark so as to get the most real perfermances they could from them, so yes, they don't fully understand. That said, I think Mathew Fox would be let in on whether he played a dead guy for 6 years or not, even if it was only after filming had ended.

Thanks for the discussion link MJG!!!!

flippy
05-26-2010, 08:09 PM
I know one thing for sure. I gotta rewatch the whole series and see what I missed the first time around.

If it's sci-fi, then I'm hooked, but I'm still not totally convinced. I can see several different scenarios after reading what others are thinking.

It's pretty cool that there's some ambiguity. Or at least it still seems like it to me at this point. :lol

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Hey, everyone!!
I'm new here (a Steelers Fever refugee). When I wasn't on Fever, I spent most of my time on a Lost forum, so it's good to see my two loves under one roof. I'm looking forward to reading this thread and joining in the conversation ...

GutterflowerSteel
05-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Same ~ I'm another SteelersFever immigrant. Lost was/is my favorite show. I'm going to read through this thread and join in, too. My favorite Lost sites are:

http://www.darkufo.blogspot.com

http://www.thefuselage.com

flippy
05-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Great to have you guys. I'm still looking for some more explanations to this show.

Despite DRock's attempts on me, I'm still Lost.

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I know one thing for sure. I gotta rewatch the whole series and see what I missed the first time around.

If it's sci-fi, then I'm hooked, but I'm still not totally convinced. I can see several different scenarios after reading what others are thinking.

It's pretty cool that there's some ambiguity. Or at least it still seems like it to me at this point. :lol

There are a set of rewatch threads over on lostpedia - organized by season. people watch and then start discussions on episodes.

JAR
05-28-2010, 08:03 AM
I kind of lean towards Flippy's thoughts/explanations on the show. All I really know is that I'm upset that it's over, by far, the best show I've ever seen

D Rock
05-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah I'm gonna miss it. Good thing I have season 1-5 on dvd to keep me occupied. I've already re-watched 1-4.

Even the seasons that had content that kinda turned me off from the show (end of season three into season 4), I came back into season 5 and was neck deep in it immediately because of the characters. The casting was just incredible.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Great to have you guys. I'm still looking for some more explanations to this show.

With all that's been going on, I haven't had the time to go back and read yet, but just out of curiosity, what are you most lost about?

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Same ~ I'm another SteelersFever immigrant. Lost was/is my favorite show. I'm going to read through this thread and join in, too. My favorite Lost sites are:

My home was http://www.4815162342.com
I spent 60 percent of my time there and 40 percent at Steelers Fever.
Right after the Lost finale, http://www.4815162342.com went down and wasn't accessible until Wednesday afternoon. I thought I was going to lose my mind. And then I signed on to Fever last night and, well, you know the rest. It's been a strange week!!

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM

With all that's been going on, I haven't had the time to go back and read yet, but just out of curiosity, what are you most lost about?

Is anything real other than the plane crash? I'm thinking everything on the island and the sideways story represents the process of dying and the mind decomposing through the soul's final redemption from Jack's point of view.

But many other believe the island to be real occurences in a sci-fi sort of way.

I'm trying to figure out Sci-Fi or possibly real story where all the crazy stuff happens in people's minds or in the realm of afterlife.

I'm now thinking the light on the island and the light in the church are the same light.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Is anything real other than the plane crash? I'm thinking everything on the island and the sideways story represents the process of dying and the mind decomposing through the soul's final redemption from Jack's point of view.

But many other believe the island to be real occurences in a sci-fi sort of way.

Christian explained to Jack that everything that happened was real. After the finale, theories started flying that they all died in the crash. But TPTB confirmed that they didn't die in the crash and everything we saw, including the time travel and other sci-fi aspects, was real. The only thing that wasn't "real" was the sideways flashes in the last season.

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Christian explained to Jack that everything that happened was real. After the finale, theories started flying that they all died in the crash. But TPTB confirmed that they didn't die in the crash and everything we saw, including the time travel and other sci-fi aspects, was real. The only thing that wasn't "real" was the sideways flashes in the last season.

Who's TPTB?

I didn't take the real comment to apply to any time in particular. I though it was open to either the island was real or the afterlife connection on the island was real meaning there is some sort of hope for us if we die in some lost state to still be redeemed in the afterlife.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Sorry, it's hard to break my 4815162342.com habits.
TBTP = The Powers That Be ... the producers/writers.

flippy
05-28-2010, 02:42 PM

I think they weren't even sure about some of it. :D

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:48 PM

I think they weren't even sure about some of it. :D

Maybe that's why they won't do interviews now ... they don't wanna have to try to explain it. :lol:

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 06:46 PM

My home was http://www.4815162342.com
I spent 60 percent of my time there and 40 percent at Steelers Fever.
Right after the Lost finale, http://www.4815162342.com went down and wasn't accessible until Wednesday afternoon. I thought I was going to lose my mind. And then I signed on to Fever last night and, well, you know the rest. It's been a strange week!!

I hear ya, brotha! I lost 2 Jacks and SF this week!

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 04:02 AM

2 Jacks?

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Now that Lost is over, there are a lot of people who are furious that they didn't get answers to a lot of the mysteries, especially the mysteries in seasons 1-4. I've read some theories that satisfy most of my questions. But the one question I can't resolve is the scene at the beginning of the last season ... the sunken island. As we saw in the finale, the island wasn't destroyed. Anyone have any theories on this? Or any other mysteries that still bother you?

flippy
05-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Now that Lost is over, there are a lot of people who are furious that they didn't get answers to a lot of the mysteries, especially the mysteries in seasons 1-4. I've read some theories that satisfy most of my questions. But the one question I can't resolve is the scene at the beginning of the last season ... the sunken island. As we saw in the finale, the island wasn't destroyed. Anyone have any theories on this? Or any other mysteries that still bother you?

Wasn't Oceanic 815 recovered at the bottom of the Ocean as well in an earlier season?

If they died in the plane crash, perhaps there would be some explanations for this like fear of crashing in the ocean.

If we go the real/sci-fi route, how do you know the island wasn't eventually destroyed? Seems like Jack saved it. Did Hurley do his job? Maybe he didn't find a successor. The Church scene could have happened a million years later.

MeetJoeGreene
05-29-2010, 08:44 AM

2 Jacks?

24 also ended.

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 10:53 AM

2 Jacks?

24 also ended.

Oh, that's right. I didn't watch 24 so I didn't even make that connection. Thanks.

Wasn't Oceanic 815 recovered at the bottom of the Ocean as well in an earlier season?

If they died in the plane crash, perhaps there would be some explanations for this like fear of crashing in the ocean.

If we go the real/sci-fi route, how do you know the island wasn't eventually destroyed? Seems like Jack saved it. Did Hurley do his job? Maybe he didn't find a successor. The Church scene could have happened a million years later.

The plane that was recovered in the ocean was a fake. Lapidus pointed it out when the "news" showed a closeup of the pilot in the plane, and he said that wasn't the pilot. Then Widmore told Faraday that he's the one who planted the plane on the bottom of the ocean.

I agree that the church scene happened many years later and the island probably sank sometime in the future. I just didn't like how they showed that scene to start the season ... very misleading (yeah, I know, it's Lost :wink:)

stillers4me
05-29-2010, 10:58 AM

2 Jacks?

24 also ended.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/4_9_7.gif
It's been a rough week.

D Rock
05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the island was sunk in the alt timeline, meaning it didn't really have to be sunk and that it being sunk was something created in Jack's mind, much like his son.

Maybe that was just a way to let the writers put everyone back in LA so as to carry some mystery as to what was going on.

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the island was sunk in the alt timeline, meaning it didn't really have to be sunk and that it being sunk was something created in Jack's mind, much like his son.

Maybe that was just a way to let the writers put everyone back in LA so as to carry some mystery as to what was going on.
I like it, D Rock ...

You got me thinking that maybe it was a metaphor ... foreshadowing Jack's ability to finally "let go."

D Rock
05-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Kinda like a way for Jack to connect the people that meant the most to him back with the life he knew and the place where he wished he had been able to live with them.

NJ-STEELER
05-29-2010, 04:16 PM

2 Jacks?

24 also ended.

2 jacks

vic mackey last year

and heroes was cancelled

i might have to start being more productive now

flippy
06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
The plane that was recovered in the ocean was a fake. Lapidus pointed it out when the "news" showed a closeup of the pilot in the plane, and he said that wasn't the pilot. Then Widmore told Faraday that he's the one who planted the plane on the bottom of the ocean.

I agree that the church scene happened many years later and the island probably sank sometime in the future. I just didn't like how they showed that scene to start the season ... very misleading (yeah, I know, it's Lost :wink:)

If Widmore/Faraday were dead, the fake plane was what they needed to make up in order to deal with their issues in death and believe they still had purpose.

flippy
06-01-2010, 09:44 AM

I like this explanation. Still not sure about the sci-fi. :lol