The show has so many hidden things in it both past, present, and future it makes me watch each episode over 3 times. I don't know if I have a favorite character but one of the best parts of the show for me is the nicknames Sawyer gives everyone...too dang funny. So what's your favorite part of the show?
* Mr. Miyagi: Kate asks where the water came from. "I traded Mr. Miyagi the last of my water for a fish he caught." ( Ep: 1x5, White Rabbit)
o Mr. Miyagi was an Okinawan handyman who taught a kid Karate in the 1984 hit, The Karate Kid.
* Chief: After Sawyer thinks Jin burned the raft. "You messed up my ride, Chief." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)
* Bruce: When Sawyer is taking Jin back to the beach and asking if he's scared. "If you ain't, you're going to be, Bruce." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)
o Bruce Lee was a well-known Chinese American martial artist and actor.
* Kato: Jin obsessively works on the raft.
"Can't say I blame poor, Kato, his lady speaks English all this time and he didn't have a clue." (Ep: 1x20, Do No Harm)
o Kato was the Asian sidekick of the Green Hornet.
* Sulu: Jin works on the raft and Sawyer talks to Michael. "Sulu, over here, is packing a suitcase full of salted fish." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)
o Sulu was the last name of the physicist turned helmsman turned captain in the original Star Trek series.
* Boy: Jin defends Michael when Sawyer comes at him. "Get your hands off me, boy." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)
* Chewy: Jin wants to go after Michael when he runs away from the tail section group. "In case you haven't noticed, it's every man for himself, Chewie." (Ep: 2x5, …And Found)
o Chewie is a shortened version of the Star Wars character Chewbacca, a Wookie who co-pilots Han Solo's ship.
* Daddy-O, Papa-san, Jin Senior: After Sawyer finds out Sun might be pregnant. "Yo, Daddy-O. Way to go, Papa-san." To Bernard, "I don't think Jin Senior here knows yet." (Ep: 2x16, The Whole Truth)
* Jinbo: Sawyer greets Jin after Sawyer had been away with the Others. "Jinbo, how you doing?" (Ep: 3x10, Tricia Tanaka is Dead)
o A play on the nickname for Jim or Jimmy, "Jimbo", and Jin.
* Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon: Jin and Sun talk to each other in Korean. "Ooh, looks like Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon got something good."
o Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a Chinese-language film released in 2000.