Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST thread...

LOST thread...

The show has so many hidden things in it both past, present, and future it makes me watch each episode over 3 times. I don't know if I have a favorite character but one of the best parts of the show for me is the nicknames Sawyer gives everyone...too dang funny. So what's your favorite part of the show?

Here's some:

From (http://lost.about.com/od/sawyernickn...wonsawnick.htm)

* Mr. Miyagi: Kate asks where the water came from. "I traded Mr. Miyagi the last of my water for a fish he caught." ( Ep: 1x5, White Rabbit)
    o Mr. Miyagi was an Okinawan handyman who taught a kid Karate in the 1984 hit, The Karate Kid.

* Chief: After Sawyer thinks Jin burned the raft. "You messed up my ride, Chief." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)

* Bruce: When Sawyer is taking Jin back to the beach and asking if he's scared. "If you ain't, you're going to be, Bruce." (Ep: 1x17, In Translation)
    o Bruce Lee was a well-known Chinese American martial artist and actor.

* Kato: Jin obsessively works on the raft.
    Sponsored Links

"Can't say I blame poor, Kato, his lady speaks English all this time and he didn't have a clue." (Ep: 1x20, Do No Harm)
    o Kato was the Asian sidekick of the Green Hornet.

* Sulu: Jin works on the raft and Sawyer talks to Michael. "Sulu, over here, is packing a suitcase full of salted fish." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)
    o Sulu was the last name of the physicist turned helmsman turned captain in the original Star Trek series.

* Boy: Jin defends Michael when Sawyer comes at him. "Get your hands off me, boy." (Ep: 1x22, Born to Run)

* Chewy: Jin wants to go after Michael when he runs away from the tail section group. "In case you haven't noticed, it's every man for himself, Chewie." (Ep: 2x5, …And Found)
    o Chewie is a shortened version of the Star Wars character Chewbacca, a Wookie who co-pilots Han Solo's ship.

* Daddy-O, Papa-san, Jin Senior: After Sawyer finds out Sun might be pregnant. "Yo, Daddy-O. Way to go, Papa-san." To Bernard, "I don't think Jin Senior here knows yet." (Ep: 2x16, The Whole Truth)

* Jinbo: Sawyer greets Jin after Sawyer had been away with the Others. "Jinbo, how you doing?" (Ep: 3x10, Tricia Tanaka is Dead)
    o A play on the nickname for Jim or Jimmy, "Jimbo", and Jin.

* Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon: Jin and Sun talk to each other in Korean. "Ooh, looks like Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon got something good."
    o Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was a Chinese-language film released in 2000.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Re: LOST is a great show...what's your fav part of it?

I think my favorite part of Lost is the mystery that surrounds the show.That and the writing is fantastic.I would say that Jack,followed by Sayid and Ben are my fave characters.Great show for anyone that hasn't watched it.Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    I think my favorite part of Lost is the mystery that surrounds the show.That and the writing is fantastic.I would say that Jack,followed by Sayid and Ben are my fave characters.Great show for anyone that hasn't watched it.Highly recommended.
    I agree, is the 2 hour finale this week or next?
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I agree, is the 2 hour finale this week or next?
    Next week.The 29th.

Ben is most definitely my favorite character. He's a sly focker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Did you see the Ben-centric episode a few weeks ago?He whooped some major booty.

Did you see the Ben-centric episode a few weeks ago?He whooped some major booty.
    I've seen all episodes. I just can't recall which one you're talking about unless you give me a quick synopsis.

Here's a link to a good theory I read about the island being a time machine.
    It's probably one of the best theories I've read about what's going on.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm

I've seen all episodes. I just can't recall which one you're talking about unless you give me a quick synopsis.

Here's a link to a good theory I read about the island being a time machine.
    It's probably one of the best theories I've read about what's going on.

http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.htm
    The Ben episode was the one where he woke up in the desert and F'd up two arab guys.

Here's a really good site,jig.Check out each episode's synopsis by a guy called vozzek69.His theories are great.He does one after each episode with his own theories.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/

Honestly, I have never seen an entire episode of lost.

I've heard nothing but great things about it, but I haven't watched it yet.

I probably wouldn't understand it any way because of how far a long the show is...

What season are they on now?

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Honestly, I have never seen an entire episode of lost.

I've heard nothing but great things about it, but I haven't watched it yet.

I probably wouldn't understand it any way because of how far a long the show is...

What season are they on now?

This is season 4.You would have to start fresh from season 1 to fully understand the show.I do recommend it,however.