Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nix is growing on me

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    First, San Fran runs a 4-3... apples to oranges. They also took the best LB talent in a decade, IMO (Pat Willis)... Who i thought we should have traded up for that year. But, that's beside the point.

But, you are suggesting that if it happened in a particular round once, that it can happen every time. Antonio Brown was what, a 4th rounder? Why spend an early pick on a WR? And because Tom Brady was a 6th rounder, teams needing QBs should just take one in the 6th round.

Each draft depends on the personnel at a particular position and how deep that position is. If there is a significant drop-off from one guy to the next, you take him, if it's in the right general area.

If I could draft the career of Casey Hampton at 1-15 out of this draft, sign me up. I could say the same about several positions.
    San fran runs a 34. Brooks/Aldon Smith as OLBs and Willis/Bowman on the inside with Lemonier as a backup OLB

Brown was a 6th round pick, and while hes been nothing short of awesome while recent guys like sanders and wallace have left and willie reid and sweed were nobodies the time is not to surround ben with weapons. Get him the guy he wants, our window closes with his

There is a chance Nix could be as good as casey hampton, but theres a chance zack kerr could be too and he doesnt have a balky knee and isnt such an investment in a league where the traditional NT is not AS important as it once was, which doesnt eliminate the value but it definitely is worth thinking twice about now

Legend

User Info Menu

A traditional NT will always be important to OUR 3-4

Legend

User Info Menu

Ask Manti T'eo if he helped...
    It is certainly interesting that the NT's playing in front of Te'o the last two seasons were Louis Nix with the Irish and Cam Thomas with the Chargers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    There is a chance Nix could be as good as casey hampton, but theres a chance zack kerr could be too and he doesnt have a balky knee and isnt such an investment in a league where the traditional NT is not AS important as it once was, which doesnt eliminate the value but it definitely is worth thinking twice about now
    Well put, Kster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Same at any position. You are as likely to find a Darius heyward-Bey, Michael Floyd, Jon Baldwin, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright as you are to find an AJ Green or Julio Jones in the first... And there are plenty of Antonio Browns, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Stevie Johnson, out there to be found mid-to-late draft.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Same at any position. You are as likely to find a Darius heyward-Bey, Michael Floyd, Jon Baldwin, Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright as you are to find an AJ Green or Julio Jones in the first... And there are plenty of Antonio Browns, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, Stevie Johnson, out there to be found mid-to-late draft.
    Michael Floyd and kendall wright are beasts, DHB/Britt/Baldwin is a weird category to lump them in with

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Michael Floyd and kendall wright are beasts, DHB/Britt/Baldwin is a weird category to lump them in with
    All are talented players who, aren't putting up STUD numbers.

Kendall Wright - 1079 yards and 2 TDs
    Michael Floyd - 1041 yards, 5 TDs

Hardly qualifies either as beasts at this point. Maybe nice #2 WRs... is that what you're looking for with pick #15? Nice complimentary players?

I'm thinking a WR at pick #15 should be #1 WR quality.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All are talented players who, aren't putting up STUD numbers.

Kendall Wright - 1079 yards and 2 TDs
    Michael Floyd - 1041 yards, 5 TDs

Hardly qualifies either as beasts at this point. Maybe nice #2 WRs... is that what you're looking for with pick #15? Nice complimentary players?

I'm thinking a WR at pick #15 should be #1 WR quality.
    They are quality #1 guys. Julio and AJ were freaks in that they were quality #1 guys from DAY ONE. That is far from the norm. Randy Moss, Rice and Boldin are the other one I can think off that were that good right out of the gate. Guys like Gordon, Calvin, AJ, Fitz all took at least a year to really get going.

That being said, we dont need a #1 guy right off the bat, we need a #2.

Backup

User Info Menu

Nix looking "Svelte" at ND pro day. Don't want him to be the pick, but it sure looks like he lost weight and toned up. Shows a certain amount of professionalism I guess.

[URL="https://twitter.com/AlliHayesSports/status/446673702818570241/photo/1"]https://twitter.com/AlliHayesSports/status/446673702818570241/photo/1[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Nix looking "Svelte" at ND pro day. Don't want him to be the pick, but it sure looks like he lost weight and toned up. Shows a certain amount of professionalism I guess.

[URL]https://twitter.com/AlliHayesSports/status/446673702818570241/photo/1[/URL]
    I agree. That is a "tight" looking 331.