Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats off the Khan and Steeler scouts. Grade A+

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody is grading the draft other than comparing when guys were taken and when they thought they'd be taken. If Penix is a star, the Falcons' grade goes up.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the grades are more for the pick and how it addresses needs and a little less about the player.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I always have to wonder about a draft grading system that gives no one a "D" or an "F"... I mean, is it really possible for EVERY team to have had an average or above haul?

That said, I do think we had to have been up near the top with this one.
    unless you draft straight trash how can you give someone a D or F?

Atlanta is getting bashed for Penix but that is due to how much they gave Cousins and not on how good Penix is as a player.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    EVERY draft is an A++++

Like someone else here has in his signature, how is it possible to have great drafts every year, yet still never win a playoff game...

Well, ask Tomlin that question. We have not had great drafts every year, but most teams need say two great drafts every four years and they will do better than winning one playoff game every 7+ years....
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Well, ask Tomlin that question. We have not had great drafts every year, but most teams need say two great drafts every four years and they will do better than winning one playoff game every 7+ years....

I think you have to seriously question Kevin Colbert's last several years. Once Kahn and Tomlin started drafting together, we have had two solid drafts.

Colbert always struck me as a bit of "I'm the boss guy." Maybe Kahn and Tomlin work more as equals and collaborate. IMO, Weidl is a big part of the success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think you have to seriously question Kevin Colbert's last several years. Once Kahn and Tomlin started drafting together, we have had two solid drafts.

Colbert always struck me as a bit of "I'm the boss guy." Maybe Kahn and Tomlin work more as equals and collaborate. IMO, Weidl is a big part of the success.
    Tomlin's fingerprints were all over recent bad drafts, especially Najee and Kenny. I think it's more likely that Rooney has limited Tomlin's power when he stepped in to fire Canada.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good picks.. everyone else

bad picks.. all Tomlin

I knew as soon as Kenny didn't work out it was a Tomlin pick even though most people said THANK GOD ROONEY STEPPED IN AND PICKED KENNY because we all knew he was in love with Willis.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-28-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Good picks.. everyone else

bad picks.. all Tomlin

I knew as soon as Kenny didn't work out it was a Tomlin pick even though most people said THANK GOD ROONEY STEPPED IN AND PICKED KENNY because we all knew he was in love with Willis.
    Didn't say all bad picks were on Tomlin, but he loved both Najee and Kenny.

BTW, the post before mine blamed all the bad picks on Colbert, and you didn't have a problem with that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I always have to wonder about a draft grading system that gives no one a "D" or an "F"... I mean, is it really possible for EVERY team to have had an average or above haul?

That said, I do think we had to have been up near the top with this one.
    I would suggest it would be hard to grade an F or even a D because nobodys draft looks like pure trash when it happens. It might wind up an F but that is because players did not reach draft day expectations.

Ryan Leaf was an F pick but you would not know that on draft day.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-28-2024 at 09:06 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I would suggest it would be hard to grade an F or even a D because nobodys draft looks like pure trash when it happens. It might wind up an F but that is because players did not reach draft day expectations.

Ryan Leaf was an F pick but you would not know that on draft day.
    'Instant grades' are pretty meaningless.

I do like the re-grades some sites put out after the season.

The Athletic did one for 2023 about a month ago;

https://theathletic.com/5366550/2024...d-bryce-young/

Houston was the only team to get an 'A'. Steelers got a C minus.
    There were a bunch of Ds too.