Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hats off the Khan and Steeler scouts. Grade A+

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Again, this kind of thinking doesn't make sense to me.

Why would Kahn have more power in year 1 than Colbert in decade 2?

I don't think the following is true: But it would make more sense if Colbert leaving meant Tomlin had MORE power not LESS (like when TD left and Cowher had more power).

But it doesn't fit the "good things = not Tomlin" logic.
    Tomlin drafts bad corners but
    Colbert is a whiz at drafting good receivers. I think that’s how it goes.

Of course the acquisition of JPJ was Weidl/Khan despite Tomlins history of favoring BLOODLINES.

However when we drafted Cam whose daddy played in the league it was all Colbert as Tomlin was a powerless observer of Colberts magic.

Season after season once Tomlin got full reins of control our drafts got worse. He drafted bum Jarvis Jones. Years later Colbert would avoid Tomlins mistake of drafting a Taco by overriding him to take TJ.

Wait, TJ came after Jarvis so I got that power dynamic timing mixed up

Nevermind.
    Colbert/Khan/Weidl= good picks
    Tomlin= bad picks

Sorry I took so long to just repeat what was said.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think that the Falcons are following the Jordan Love model. Keep in mind that they have no idea how Cousins will recover from his injury
    The Jordan Love model was a situation with a QB who was hinting at retirement every year, not one who was just guaranteed $100M. If the team is thinking that they have no idea how he will recover from his injury then they should have done more homework before guaranteeing that much time and money.

Absolutely awful move. Almost like the person who drafted Penix and the person who signed Cousins are different people and one didn't know what the other was doing. The best way to step forward in the worst division in football is to either give the QB some more weapons, protection, or strengthen the D. Not find a backup for the $100M guaranteed QB.