Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contextual look at Pickett's deep ball accuracy

Legend

User Info Menu

Contextual look at Pickett's deep ball accuracy

This one is going to make some folks unhappy...

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/ke...-ball-project/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Curious how different studies can show vastly different numbers. ADJ% according to PFF on 20+ is 42.6% for Pickett on 47 attempts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    This one is going to make some folks unhappy...

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/ke...-ball-project/
    Maybe I’m too much of a homer, but I think he’s a lot better than these stats show.

So many times on bad plays you can see he’s just not yet on the same page as a his WR or he had seen a certain coverage or wasn’t expecting a certain game speed.

But in general you don’t see the same mistakes get repeated.

I think everyone got caught up in KP being NFL ready from day 1. And we didn’t have the patience to let him learn.

We’ve lived thru this with him at Pitt. No one thought he was great in college until he was.

Same thing playing out. 99% of KP is mental and work ethic. He’s on the right track.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe I’m too much of a homer, but I think he’s a lot better than these stats show.

So many times on bad plays you can see he’s just not yet on the same page as a his WR or he had seen a certain coverage or wasn’t expecting a certain game speed.

I think everyone got caught up in KP being NFL ready from day 1. And we didn’t have the patience to let him learn.

We’ve lived thru this with him at Pitt. No one thought he was great in college until he was.

Same thing playing out. 99% of KP is mental and work ethic. He’s on the right track.
    This!!!

KP still has a long way to go but towrds the end of last season he showed that he has a foundation to build upon
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, you are notorious for being overly optimistic - on the same track here. I saw lots of throws that were "off" downfield. This claims a lot were "on" with the WR dropping them. Of course, throws downfield were limited in the play calling. We will see if, and by how much, that improves. Can Cool Shades stop living in his fears?

Banned

User Info Menu

We have one side who's says that the second half of the season , KP improved significantly.
    We have another side who says that the lighter schedule is why KP supposedly improved.

That will be settled this coming season.

Legend

User Info Menu

In think if Claypool hauls in that first deep pass his first impression is totally different.

You had people claiming his arm and small hands caused that INT.

and I think if you have an agenda you will use the “most NFL ready” quote out of context on purpose. The full quote was “the nmost NFL ready QB in this draft”

of course Purdy came out of nowhere but among the QB’s being mentioned during the draft they were right.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We have one side who's says that the second half of the season , KP improved significantly.
    We have another side who says that the lighter schedule is why KP supposedly improved.

That was already settled. We had the 5th hardest schedule last year. People don’t want to admit that our “softer schedule”
    wasn’t soft at all. It just wasn’t the gauntlet we faced the first half of the season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That was already settled. We had the 5th hardest schedule last year. People don’t want to admit that our “softer schedule”
    wasn’t soft at all. It just wasn’t the gauntlet we faced the first half of the season.
    Why rely on facts when you can misrepresent them to push you negative naratives
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

It really can't be argued that the schedule for sure lightened up in quality of opponent down the stretch. I mean, it just can't be argued.

@Cincinnati
    New England
    @Cleveland
    New York Jets
    @Buffalo
    Tampa Bay
    @Miami
    @Philadelphia
    vsNew Orleans
    vsCincinnati
    @Indianapolis
    @Atlanta
    vs Baltimore
    @Carolina
    vs Las Vegas
    @Baltimore
    vs Cleveland

I mean, NYJ, Fins, Bills, Eagles vs Raiders, Saints, Falcons, Panthers....ummmm, well........let's get real here.