Legend
    • Dec 2008

2 Catches on 10 Targets

DJ is a joke.
    sigpic
  • Eich
    Legend
    • Jul 2010

We signed the wrong guy. Gifted athlete. Hands and brain of stone.

Comment

• Ernie
      Legend
      • Aug 2013

Dont hold your breath waiting for those D.J defenders to comment...

He certainly wasnt worth the money... just another "Dude" in the league.

Comment

• Chucktownsteeler
        Legend
        • May 2008

I’ve said it before, we need WR early in the draft. If JSN is there I snag him.
        Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Comment

• flippy
          Legend
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Chucktownsteeler
          Im not against getting Kenny an elite WR.

The OLine and RBs have stepped up down the stretch.

I wouldn’t mind having a versatile TE that can block even though I love Pat and Heyward.
          sigpic

Comment

• Ernie
            Legend
            • Aug 2013

You may be right, but i hate the idea of drafting an early round WR a year after letting three 2nd round WRs walk.

Comment

• Ernie
              Legend
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by flippy
              Im not against getting Kenny an elite WR.

The OLine and RBs have stepped up down the stretch.

I wouldn’t mind having a versatile TE that can block even though I love Pat and Heyward.
              Im afraid we are going to be looking for a replacement for Pat soon.

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                Legend
                • Nov 2011

I wouldn't take a slot WR in the first round, not with all the other needs. 2nd round, different story,

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                  Legend
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by flippy
                  DJ is a joke.
                  I bet we could trade him if we really wanted to.

His deal is pretty good for a WR. We'd have to eat the SB ($5.8M for 2 years or $11.5M for 1 year depending on post or pre Jun 1).

And there won't be many WRs available on the UFA market this year, so the offers might be high.

But it will mean that we'll again have the problem of a super-young WR room.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                    Legend
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
                    I wouldn't take a slot WR in the first round, not with all the other needs. 2nd round, different story,
                    This.

If we keep DJ (which I think is likely), then I hope we don't use one of the first three picks on a WR. But I think we will (hopefully only one of the 2nds).

Comment

• T.Ferguson
                      Pro Bowler
                      • Sep 2021

I don't think he's being used properly also at least two of the passes to him were batted at the LOS. I get fans are frustrated with him, I am too to a certain extent but let's use some context here. Why was he being used on so many sideline routes, I don't get it.

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                        Legend
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by T.Ferguson
                        I don't think he's being used properly also at least two of the passes to him were batted at the LOS. I get fans are frustrated with him, I am too to a certain extent but let's use some context here. Why was he being used on so many sideline routes, I don't get it.
                        When you view the play design through the eyes of someone who is paralyzed by the fear of turnovers, it will all make sense.

I'm really down on DJ right now, but you're right that he's not being maximized. Nobody is. DBs run the routes for them, it's a simpleton offense.

Comment

• Ernie
                          Legend
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by T.Ferguson
                          I look at it through to context of... hes not worth anywhere near what we paid him.

Comment

• T.Ferguson
                            Pro Bowler
                            • Sep 2021

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
                            When you view the play design through the eyes of someone who is paralyzed by the fear of turnovers, it will all make sense.

I'm really down on DJ right now, but you're right that he's not being maximized. Nobody is. DBs run the routes for them, it's a simpleton offense.
                            Yeah it's pretty obvious that's what was going on there. DJ is the type of WR who I think needs to be used more over the middle, post and slants but Tomlin/Canada seem deathly afraid of slant patterns. Would also open up YAC on catches which is something that barely happens with the WRs since all the passes are sideline or vertical out stuff.

Comment

• T.Ferguson
                              Pro Bowler
                              • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Ernie
                              I look at it through to context of... hes not worth anywhere near what we paid him.
                              Yeah that's on the team though, why sign him to that contract and then ask him to do 5 yard outs and sideline patterns lol, it's just a misuse of the talent imo.

Comment

Working...