PDA

View Full Version : SKL 2018 NFL Mock 1.0 (1st of 3) post Bostic'Burnett

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Ok kids. I have been waiting to see what we did in FA before rolling out my first mock.

1/28-Rashaan Evans-ILB-Alabama-I've said it before and I will say it again. This kid is a clone of Lawrence Timmons coming out of Florida St. If we can land him (big if), he will start for the next 10 years. If all 4 top LB's are gone (Edmunds, Smith, Evans and Vander Esch). I think Rudolph is the pick.

2/60-Jessie Bates-S-Wake Forrest- Classic Steeler safety in that he is well rounded and interchangeable. Baseball background as CF. Those guys always have a step up in the ball skill department.

3/92-Dorrance Armstrong-OLB-Kansas-this guy played out of position as a 4-3 end for Kansas. Why? Because he was the best player on their team. Excellent athlete who I hope falls here. Rotates in 2018 while we wait for Dupree's porch light to come on.

5/148-Bo Scarbrough-will be a better pro than college player. Straight up slasher and a compliment to Connor in reserve.

5/165-Jack Cichy-ILB-Wisc- straight up FOOTBALL PLAYER. intelligence, instincts , all the intangibles, hoping last years injury gets him to us in the 5th

7/220-Jeff Badet-WR-OU-flat out burner, immediately becomes our PR and 5th WR. Eventually develops into Eli Rogers but with 4.25 speed

7/246-Steven Parker-S-OU-PS player in 2018. Somewhat limited athletically but super smart with great ball skills. Eventual dime player and ST ace

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 02:32 PM
Hahahaha..

I knew someone would do this but I didn't think it would be so fast.

K Train
03-20-2018, 02:55 PM
Rudolph getting the same hype that Zach Mettenberger and Christian Hackenberg got as "Dark horse steeler picks"

Hes not a first round QB

feltdizz
03-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Rudolph getting the same hype that Zach Mettenberger and Christian Hackenberg got as "Dark horse steeler picks"

Hes not a first round QB

Now that I know who is hyping him up on here I know he won’t be more than a back up QB.

Not sure why folks always jump on the long shot but I guess if they pan out they can ride that wave for years.

I wouldn’t bet on any of these QB’s to be honest. I just haven’t see anything that screams super star when I watched them.

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 03:10 PM
I see the same guys knocking Rudolph that swore uphill and down that Pat Mahommes wasn't a first rounder. To each their own. I don't think I need to ride anything for any amount of time. I think I've made some good calls on this site over the years...including Brian Allen and Keion Adams last year and Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown a few years ago. I don't attend as many scouting events and all-star games as I used to but I think my eye for talent is still pretty strong. I'm not here to argue. Just give an educated opinion that's pretty well connected.

Donnieboy
03-20-2018, 03:17 PM
SKL this is good mock. I like it, however, I do not think this will happen. Especially at the first pick. It's Mason Rudolph. The Steelers see a franchise QB who reminds them very much of the one they have. Here's my go at the 1st 3...

1---Mason Rudolph QB
2---Anthony Miller WR
3---Quenton Meeks CB

1 and 2?...Ben and AB all over again. : )

feltdizz
03-20-2018, 03:43 PM
I see the same guys knocking Rudolph that swore uphill and down that Pat Mahommes wasn't a first rounder. To each their own. I don't think I need to ride anything for any amount of time. I think I've made some good calls on this site over the years...including Brian Allen and Keion Adams last year and Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown a few years ago. I don't attend as many scouting events and all-star games as I used to but I think my eye for talent is still pretty strong. I'm not here to argue. Just give an educated opinion that's pretty well connected.

Tebow and Manzeil were drafted in the first as well..

doesn't mean they were worthy.

we shall see.

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 03:47 PM

Hes not a first round QB

You might be right but let's enjoy the entrigue. I love all the smoke screen stuff at this time of year.

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 03:48 PM
Tebow and Manzeil were drafted in the first as well..

doesn't mean they were worthy.

we shall see.

Yeah but I backed Mahommes from day 1 and I'll back Rudolph too. Never Manziel or Tebow. That's the best part about this site. You can pull up just about anything.

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 03:49 PM
SKL this is good mock. I like it, however, I do not think this will happen. Especially at the first pick. It's Mason Rudolph. The Steelers see a franchise QB who reminds them very much of the one they have. Here's my go at the 1st 3...

1---Mason Rudolph QB
2---Anthony Miller WR
3---Quenton Meeks CB

1 and 2?...Ben and AB all over again. : )

I'd be just fine with Rudolph. I like Miller too but he is a luxury pick in the 2nd round. I can't sign off on him.

feltdizz
03-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Yeah but I backed Mahommes from day 1 and I'll back Rudolph too. Never Manziel or Tebow. That's the best part about this site. You can pull up just about anything.

you speak like Mahommes has been to the playoffs. We have no idea if he is the real deal yet.

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 03:53 PM

I was never on board with Tebow (Tebum is what I called him) or Manziel. Both of them had "BUST" tattooed on their foreheads in red for me to see.

Oviedo
03-20-2018, 03:57 PM

I'm a believer and have been for years. When SKL speaks, I listen

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 03:58 PM

That's quit an endorsement coming from you Oviedo.

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 03:59 PM
you speak like Mahommes has been to the playoffs. We have no idea if he is the real deal yet.

Like I said, I'm not here to argue. You can keep that for yourself. Plenty on this board bet the farm that Mahommes was not a first round talent. Perhaps you were one. Not only did he go first round he went top 10. The Chiefs obviously think enough of him to let go of a Pro Bowl QB.

Oviedo
03-20-2018, 03:59 PM
That's quit an endorsement coming from you Oviedo.

Just based on what I have seen over the years. SKL's insights are spot on

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 04:00 PM

Much appreciated Ovi. Respect!

MeetJoeGreene
03-20-2018, 08:32 PM
SKL - That is an Excellent Mock Draft

steelz09
03-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Well done SKL.

Steelhere10
03-20-2018, 10:23 PM
Just based on what I have seen over the years. SKL's insights are spot on

Sorry I don't buy it, everyone have their opinion. What opened my eyes, when he swore a couple of years back that he had insight on who the Steelers was picking. I call bs because even the local sportswriters don't even have that insight let alone someone who would come in a discussion board and reveal who that player is. But to each own.

Steel Maniac
03-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Sorry I don't buy it, everyone have their opinion. What opened my eyes, when he swore a couple of years back that he had insight on who the Steelers was picking. I call bs because even the local sportswriters don't even have that insight let alone someone who would come in a discussion board and reveal who that player is. But to each own.

Be careful young skywalker; the hate flows freely in this room! Lol

Shawn
03-20-2018, 11:24 PM

Hes not a first round QB Agreed........

Shawn
03-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Ok kids. I have been waiting to see what we did in FA before rolling out my first mock.

1/28-Rashaan Evans-ILB-Alabama-I've said it before and I will say it again. This kid is a clone of Lawrence Timmons coming out of Florida St. If we can land him (big if), he will start for the next 10 years. If all 4 top LB's are gone (Edmunds, Smith, Evans and Vander Esch). I think Rudolph is the pick.

2/60-Jessie Bates-S-Wake Forrest- Classic Steeler safety in that he is well rounded and interchangeable. Baseball background as CF. Those guys always have a step up in the ball skill department.

3/92-Dorrance Armstrong-OLB-Kansas-this guy played out of position as a 4-3 end for Kansas. Why? Because he was the best player on their team. Excellent athlete who I hope falls here. Rotates in 2018 while we wait for Dupree's porch light to come on.

5/148-Bo Scarbrough-will be a better pro than college player. Straight up slasher and a compliment to Connor in reserve.

5/165-Jack Cichy-ILB-Wisc- straight up FOOTBALL PLAYER. intelligence, instincts , all the intangibles, hoping last years injury gets him to us in the 5th

7/220-Jeff Badet-WR-OU-flat out burner, immediately becomes our PR and 5th WR. Eventually develops into Eli Rogers but with 4.25 speed

7/246-Steven Parker-S-OU-PS player in 2018. Somewhat limited athletically but super smart with great ball skills. Eventual dime player and ST ace You got your first round pick right.

Shawn
03-20-2018, 11:27 PM
I see the same guys knocking Rudolph that swore uphill and down that Pat Mahommes wasn't a first rounder. To each their own. I don't think I need to ride anything for any amount of time. I think I've made some good calls on this site over the years...including Brian Allen and Keion Adams last year and Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown a few years ago. I don't attend as many scouting events and all-star games as I used to but I think my eye for talent is still pretty strong. I'm not here to argue. Just give an educated opinion that's pretty well connected. Mahommes is 3 times the QB that Rudolph is...and I'm shocked you would back him.

steelerkeylargo
03-20-2018, 11:57 PM

I am cool with that, BUT you realize, you can look it all up. It's very easy to verify. I really don't care.

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 12:01 AM
Mahommes is 3 times the QB that Rudolph is...and I'm shocked you would back him.

Yup...You only need to go search my posts from last year to realize that Shawn

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 12:04 AM
Yup...You only need to go search my posts from last year to realize that Shawn
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/46566-The-what-SKL-would-do-Mock?highlight=mahommes

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Mahommes is 3 times the QB that Rudolph is...and I'm shocked you would back him.
I wouldn't say 3 times.My comp for Mahommes is Aarron Rodgers... my comp for Rudolpgh is floor Bulger.....ceiling....Warner....I don't care what you think if I back him or not.

Chadman
03-21-2018, 12:20 AM
Aren’t we all snippy on the board lately? :D

I’m not ‘sold’ on Rudolph, but I see the potential. If the Steelers like him, I’ll trust their judgement.

I’ve always liked the insight from SKL, I’ve always liked the insight from most of the guys in here. I don’t understand why there are so many penis measuring competitions over ‘opinions’ in here though. You’re all allowed to have them, even if they differ somewhat...

Shawn
03-21-2018, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't say 3 times.My comp for Mahommes is Aarron Rodgers... my comp for Rudolpgh is floor Bulger.....ceiling....Warner....I don't care what you think if I back him or not. No need to be defensive, just saying your love for Rudolph surprises me. He isn't Warner. Mahommes yes...we both loved him and I remember your posts no need for a search.

MeetJoeGreene
03-21-2018, 08:18 AM

I’m not ‘sold’ on Rudolph, but I see the potential. If the Steelers like him, I’ll trust their judgement.

I’ve always liked the insight from SKL, I’ve always liked the insight from most of the guys in here. I don’t understand why there are so many penis measuring competitions over ‘opinions’ in here though. You’re all allowed to have them, even if they differ somewhat...

So chadman is back. Did you happen to see who won the mnf football exec contest this year?

Steel Maniac
03-21-2018, 08:22 AM

Thank you. I’ve been saying that same thing since I’ve been here. Then if you don’t agree with someone, the personal insults fly. It’s stupid and childish to insult someone if they don’t agree with you. If you really don’t want to here from a poster,then just put them on ignore and move on.

Ghost
03-21-2018, 08:38 AM
SKL - Let's say the top 4 LBs are gone and they go with Rudolph. Would you still see them going for Bates (S) in round 2 or would they still think linebacker is the top need and grab someone like Darius Leonard out of S Carolina St?

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 09:24 AM
No need to be defensive, just saying your love for Rudolph surprises me. He isn't Warner. Mahommes yes...we both loved him and I remember your posts no need for a search.

Let me ask you....how can you say with such conviction that he isn't Warner? Warner wasn't even Warner coming out of college! We all look and see things differently. I'm not knocking anyone. I will say that i'd rather have a trained Chef cook me dinner than Bob off his Weber grill in the backyard. I watched football for a living for 20 years. I'll stand my what my eyes tell me.

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 09:26 AM
SKL - Let's say the top 4 LBs are gone and they go with Rudolph. Would you still see them going for Bates (S) in round 2 or would they still think linebacker is the top need and grab someone like Darius Leonard out of S Carolina St?

I think they would take the best S or LB on their board. Whoever has the higher numerical grade. Personally I don't like Leonard for a 3-4 D because he isn't stout enough and won't be able to shed and stack at an NFL level.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-21-2018, 10:14 AM
So chadman is back. Did you happen to see who won the mnf football exec contest this year?

MJG, that is obviously not Chadman but an imposter. Notice the constant use of the first person "I" instead of speaking in the third person "Chadman". The real question is where is the real Chadman and who is this guy that traveled to Australia to steal his identity? :D

steeler_george
03-21-2018, 02:02 PM
I think they would take the best S or LB on their board. Whoever has the higher numerical grade. Personally I don't like Leonard for a 3-4 D because he isn't stout enough and won't be able to shed and stack at an NFL level.

Good insight, I was think that he could be this year's Rivers, but I wasn't hearing any positive noise about him. What is your thoughts on Hubbard if we took him 1st ( at 28 or if we trade back into top of 2nd)

Steel Maniac
03-21-2018, 03:00 PM
This mock is what I’m concerned about:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-to-get-baker-mayfield-4-qbs-taken-in-first-5-picks/

steelerkeylargo
03-21-2018, 03:03 PM
Good insight, I was think that he could be this year's Rivers, but I wasn't hearing any positive noise about him. What is your thoughts on Hubbard if we took him 1st ( at 28 or if we trade back into top of 2nd)

I am not sure Hubbard fits our scheme well either. I like him better as a 4-3 DE than I do a 3-4 edge. I think he could make the transition but it would take some time. I'd like someone more ready to start year one as a 1st round pick.

Chadman
03-21-2018, 06:06 PM

You know, I’m almost afraid to ask....if you won it, clearly the standard of the competition has dropped in my hiatus..... :p

Chadman
03-21-2018, 06:09 PM
Thank you. I’ve been saying that same thing since I’ve been here. Then if you don’t agree with someone, the personal insults fly. It’s stupid and childish to insult someone if they don’t agree with you. If you really don’t want to here from a poster,then just put them on ignore and move on.

I’ve been around here a while, just not lately. There is ALWAYS that element. That said, off season brings out the worst in us. The only time I remember a harmonious off season in here was after Tomlin won the SB....and even that only lasted until Draft Day....

It’s great to have debate, even an argument over topics, but the general ’snippyness’ that comes out either makes me laugh or cringe depending on how I woke up that morning...

Chadman
03-21-2018, 06:10 PM
MJG, that is obviously not Chadman but an imposter. Notice the constant use of the first person "I" instead of speaking in the third person "Chadman". The real question is where is the real Chadman and who is this guy that traveled to Australia to steal his identity? :D

Don’t fret- the more Chadman acclimatizes back into the community, the more Chadman will transform into his old self... :D

Shawn
03-21-2018, 11:07 PM
Let me ask you....how can you say with such conviction that he isn't Warner? Warner wasn't even Warner coming out of college! We all look and see things differently. I'm not knocking anyone. I will say that i'd rather have a trained Chef cook me dinner than Bob off his Weber grill in the backyard. I watched football for a living for 20 years. I'll stand my what my eyes tell me. Again, no need to be defensive. I just don't see what you see. But, I'll tell you what. If it turns out that you are right and this guy turns out to be the next great franchise QB...then I owe you a steak dinner.

As for how I say things with such conviction...I do my homework and I also trust my eyes. Anything can happen...scouting isn't perfect...and I've had hits and misses like anyone. But, I do believe in my breakdown of talent. At the end of the day, that's why I say things with conviction.

Steel Maniac
03-22-2018, 01:04 AM
Again, no need to be defensive. I just don't see what you see. But, I'll tell you what. If it turns out that you are right and this guy turns out to be the next great franchise QB...then I owe you a steak dinner.

As for how I say things with such conviction...I do my homework and I also trust my eyes. Anything can happen...scouting isn't perfect...and I've had hits and misses like anyone. But, I do believe in my breakdown of talent. At the end of the day, that's why I say things with conviction.

“ Do my homework and trust my eyes.” That’s how a few of us roll!!

Ernie
03-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Again, no need to be defensive. I just don't see what you see. But, I'll tell you what. If it turns out that you are right and this guy turns out to be the next great franchise QB...then I owe you a steak dinner.

Shawn,
I love your mock draft... especially K. White in the 3rd. As an avid Mountaineer fan, I've watched this kid ball out the last few years. He would be an immediate help for the steeler Defense.

Shawn
03-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Shawn,
I love your mock draft... especially K. White in the 3rd. As an avid Mountaineer fan, I've watched this kid ball out the last few years. He would be an immediate help for the steeler Defense. Thanks. I fell in love with K White. He might have a few deficiencies in his game but man is that guy a Steeler. I love his physical brand of ball.

Ernie
03-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Thanks. I fell in love with K White. He might have a few deficiencies in his game but man is that guy a Steeler. I love his physical brand of ball.

Yep. Im taking your picks and "Running to the podium" lol

Steel Maniac
03-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Yep. Im taking your picks and "Running to the podium" lol

Hahahahahahahaha

Ernie
03-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Hahahahahahahaha

the LOL was meant for the phrase that's often used on here "Run to the podium". I'm very serious about the mock though. Would be real happy with those picks.

Shawn
03-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Yep. Im taking your picks and "Running to the podium" lol lol...thanks. I would love for draft day to land like this.

Disco1981
03-22-2018, 11:23 AM
I would love NT Settle in the 2nd...Big, fast, and strong as an Ox...Reminds me of a young Casey Hampton...THIS, imo would help the OLB's because he could push the pocket and demand double teams...Allowing the OLB's to pin their ears back, and get to the QB!

RuthlessBurgher
03-22-2018, 11:53 AM
I would love NT Settle in the 2nd...Big, fast, and strong as an Ox...Reminds me of a young Casey Hampton...THIS, imo would help the OLB's because he could push the pocket and demand double teams...Allowing the OLB's to pin their ears back, and get to the QB!

I initially had us taking Settle in round 2 of my initial mock draft. However, I switched to OSU C/G Billy Price, who I think could be a first round value that may fall to day two because he is unable to work out for teams after his injury during the bench press at the combine. I think Price, if healthy, would be a utility lineman for us in 2018 and would replace Ramon Foster in 2019, since this will be the last year on Foster's contract, and he'll be turning 33 years old during the playoffs. I still have hopes for Hargrave progressing further for us, so we may only use a later pick to compete with L.T. Walton and Tyson Alualu for back DL snaps.

steelerkeylargo
03-22-2018, 02:19 PM
I initially had us taking Settle in round 2 of my initial mock draft. However, I switched to OSU C/G Billy Price, who I think could be a first round value that may fall to day two because he is unable to work out for teams after his injury during the bench press at the combine. I think Price, if healthy, would be a utility lineman for us in 2018 and would replace Ramon Foster in 2019, since this will be the last year on Foster's contract, and he'll be turning 33 years old during the playoffs. I still have hopes for Hargrave progressing further for us, so we may only use a later pick to compete with L.T. Walton and Tyson Alualu for back DL snaps.

I too liked Settle in the second but he showed up at the combine looking like he's been on the couch for 2 months. His positional drills looked terrible. I need to go look at some more tape on him. I am not so sure how much he loves football.

Steel Maniac
03-22-2018, 05:43 PM

After last year’s first round, anything can happen.

Now that the dust is kind of settling, I don't think we see any of the ILB's we want at # 28.

RuthlessBurgher
03-23-2018, 10:40 AM
After last year’s first round, anything can happen.

Now that the dust is kind of settling, I don't think we see any of the ILB's we want at # 28.

Just wondering...what did you feel was particularly odd about how the first round went down last year?

Steel Maniac
03-23-2018, 03:03 PM
Well, no one saw the juju pick. No one I know at least. But the pick expressed their concerns about Bryant to me. But everyone understood why Colbert did what he did.

feltdizz
03-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Just wondering...what did you feel was particularly odd about how the first round went down last year?

from what I remember it wasn't odd at all.

and JuJu was second round. I think a lot of folks on here predicted Watt too

Slapstick
03-23-2018, 05:28 PM
Well, no one saw the juju pick. No one I know at least. But the pick expressed their concerns about Bryant to me. But everyone understood why Colbert did what he did.

It wasn’t just Bryant...it was Sammie Coates, Eli Rogers, and DHB as well...

Shawn
03-24-2018, 12:31 AM
I think many of us need to get the thoughts of a 0 technique NT out of our minds. Unless the man is a true freak and can slide up and down the line at 330 pounds and play three downs it won’t happen.

Real Deal Steel
03-24-2018, 12:45 AM

last year was epic

Steel Maniac
03-25-2018, 09:30 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/25/steelers-unsure-if-theyll-pick-up-option-on-bud-dupree-for-2019/

Well, since Colbert is so undecided, I feel pretty certain we will take at least two linebackers in this draft. Maybe both fairly high.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-26-2018, 10:32 AM
I would think 2 possibly 3 LBs in this draft.

Steel Maniac
03-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I would think 2 possibly 3 LBs in this draft.

I wouldn't be shocked at that. The free agent market is slow on safeties so I could see us going back out in free agency and getting another safety as insurance and the price would be right. Of course I'm looking at Reid. :smile:

Steel Maniac
03-26-2018, 12:00 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-reportedly-meeting-with-derrius-guice-potential-first-round-leveon-bell-replacement/

SteelerOfDeVille
03-26-2018, 12:07 PM
you get the honor of a first i'm gonna do with these mocks... "DeFav" from DeVille

in your mock, this is DeFav:

Love this kid... my gut says he doesn't quite make it to the Steelers 5th and might require a trade up. If he makes it to the 5th, it's a BEAST MODE risk-reward selection.

RuthlessBurgher
03-26-2018, 12:08 PM
you get the honor of a first i'm gonna do with these mocks... "DeFav" from DeVille

Love this kid... my gut says he doesn't quite make it to the Steelers 5th and might require a trade up. If he makes it to the 5th, it's a BEAST MODE risk-reward selection.

T.J. Watt would approve...

steelerkeylargo
03-26-2018, 08:39 PM

Yeah I'm not sure he falls that far either, wish we had that 4th rounder.

feltdizz
03-27-2018, 08:13 AM
CBSSports latest mock has us taking Denzel Ward CB from tOSU

:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2018-dolphins-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield-saquon-barkley-to-browns/

Steel Maniac
03-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Great article.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27551/mike-tomlin-spring-dinner-schedule-tips-off-steelers-draft-strategy

RuthlessBurgher
03-27-2018, 11:03 AM
CBSSports latest mock has us taking Denzel Ward CB from tOSU

:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2018-dolphins-trade-up-for-baker-mayfield-saquon-barkley-to-browns/

I can't imagine Denzel Ward falling out of the top 10, never mind all the way down to 28. Especially after the impact that fellow Buckeye CB Marshon Lattimore had as a rookie last year in New Orleans.

Steel Maniac
03-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Yeah, neither can I. So much so that something like that hasn't even entered my thought process.

steeler_george
03-28-2018, 04:55 AM
Great article.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27551/mike-tomlin-spring-dinner-schedule-tips-off-steelers-draft-strategy

Good read, too bad I didn't see this post. I posted a new post asking about the process.

Steel Maniac
03-28-2018, 03:59 PM
I"m looking at all the threads; seeing all the stuff about Mason Rudolph and other what nots for the draft. Right now, we are in the middle of the "lying season" where a lot of smoke screening is going on.

1. Is Colbert really interested in Mason Rudolph?
2. Will Colbert really pull the trigger on Guice of LSU?
3. Will Colbert pull the trigger on Flowers in the 3rd round?

A lot of smoke screening going on. At least half the stuff we hear are lies.

feltdizz
03-28-2018, 05:46 PM
We meet with a lot of players we have no chance of getting. Sometimes a guy falls for some crazy reason but I think Rudolph is moving up the board.

I think 5 QB’s go off the board before we pick.

Disco1981
03-28-2018, 08:12 PM
We meet with a lot of players we have no chance of getting. Sometimes a guy falls for some crazy reason but I think Rudolph is moving up the board.

I think 5 QB’s go off the board before we pick.

I hope this happens:tt2

Shawn
03-28-2018, 11:20 PM
I can't imagine Denzel Ward falling out of the top 10, never mind all the way down to 28. Especially after the impact that fellow Buckeye CB Marshon Lattimore had as a rookie last year in New Orleans. I'm not as high on Ward as some. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a gifted DB but top 10 gifted? No. I have him as a late first grade and that's based on watching his entire college career. Ward struggled a bit early in his career and I question how quickly he will transition.

Shawn
03-28-2018, 11:25 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-reportedly-meeting-with-derrius-guice-potential-first-round-leveon-bell-replacement/ I actually have a higher grade on Ronald Jones than I do Guice. I don't see elite burst with Guice and I'm always reluctant to spend a first on a RB without an elite first step and injury issues. My only concern with Jones is his frame...and can he hold up to 30 carries a game. But, look at Jones tape...then look at Guice's tape and get back with me.

Steel Maniac
03-28-2018, 11:27 PM
Someone good is going to fall to us; throw in Lamar Jackson and I could see 6 Qb’s being before our pick.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 12:52 PM
Someone good is going to fall to us; throw in Lamar Jackson and I could see 6 Qb’s being before our pick. If so, I hope Jackson is the pick.

Sugar
03-29-2018, 12:54 PM
If so, I hope Jackson is the pick.

I hope he's the pick too... the pick for the Saints.

steelz09
03-29-2018, 12:57 PM
Someone good is going to fall to us; throw in Lamar Jackson and I could see 6 Qb’s being before our pick.

If that happens, someone REAL good is going to fall. I could see a top 15-type guy falling. You figure the top pass rusher or two will be gone, potentially 6 QBs, at least a few o-lineman and d-line, the top RB, etc. Just by running the numbers, you can see that a top flight LB, S or CB should fall to us. All positions of needs.

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 01:24 PM
If that happens, someone REAL good is going to fall. I could see a top 15-type guy falling. You figure the top pass rusher or two will be gone, potentially 6 QBs, at least a few o-lineman and d-line, the top RB, etc. Just by running the numbers, you can see that a top flight LB, S or CB should fall to us. All positions of needs.

Funny you should say CB because most years, we are always on the outside looking in at that position but based on the QB's that go before our pick, The DE's that go before our pick and the O-lineman, if we wanted a top 3 cornerback , he'll be there when we pick.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 05:47 PM
I hope he's the pick too... the pick for the Saints. lol...I can't wait to see the Steeler Nation have a collective seizure when he is the pick. If he is there, the Steelers will draft him. Besides the few ignorant fans, he will soon become a fan favorite. Trust me on this one guys...the guy is the real deal. I mean think of it this way...he's the only QB we could draft that would get any PT for two years. Action Jackson, gets a subpackage, game 1. He will be a nightmare to plan for...put him under center...split him out...omg I can think of so many things to do with a guy who might not just be the best QB in this draft but also the second best RB.

Steel Maniac
03-29-2018, 06:28 PM
lol...i can't wait to see the steeler nation have a collective seizure when he is the pick. If he is there, the steelers will draft him. Besides the few ignorant fans, he will soon become a fan favorite. Trust me on this one guys...the guy is the real deal. I mean think of it this way...he's the only qb we could draft that would get any pt for two years. Action jackson, gets a subpackage, game 1. He will be a nightmare to plan for...put him under center...split him out...omg i can think of so many things to do with a guy who might not just be the best qb in this draft but also the second best rb.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shawn
03-29-2018, 06:34 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Watch...and laugh when he is ripping up the league. I know...I know he is one of dem der running QBs...huh?

feltdizz
03-29-2018, 07:29 PM
Lamar Jackson won’t be a slash. He is strictly a QB with some wheels.

i think he is going to tear up the league like Watson. These guys who can run but also pass extremely well are nightmares to defend.

Shawn
03-29-2018, 07:48 PM
Lamar Jackson won’t be a slash. He is strictly a QB with some wheels.

i think he is going to tear up the league like Watson. These guys who can run but also pass extremely well are nightmares to defend. He's even more athletic than Watson, bigger arm than Watson...I see no reason he won't succeed.

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2018, 09:34 PM
a guy who might not just be the best QB in this draft but also the second best RB.

Oh, man...if Le'Veon Bell wants to be paid like a #1 RB and a #2 WR now, just imagine the paycheck Lamar Jackson will command as a #1 QB and #2 RB.

fordfixer
03-29-2018, 11:00 PM
Oh, man...if Le'Veon Bell wants to be paid like a #1 RB and a #2 WR now, just imagine the paycheck Lamar Jackson will command as a #1 QB and #2 RB.
But can he Rap?

Shawn
03-30-2018, 01:03 AM
Oh, man...if Le'Veon Bell wants to be paid like a #1 RB and a #2 WR now, just imagine the paycheck Lamar Jackson will command as a #1 QB and #2 RB. At least we will get 4 years before Lamars mama asks for 30 million a season. And yes Lamars mama is his agent.

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 10:29 AM
At least we will get 4 years before Lamars mama asks for 30 million a season. And yes Lamars mama is his agent.

Well, that's pretty dumb...didn't he just see Richard Sherman get screwed over by the Niners in his effort to represent himself (and I believe Russell Okung did something similar a few years prior to that).

Shawn
03-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Summary: In speaking with a general manager from an AFC team, they said that Jackson is the most dynamic player in the 2018 NFL Draft. With amazing running ability, speed, and a powerful arm, Jackson is a rare talent who possesses a phenomenal skill set. While he made highlight-reel plays on a routine basis, some in the media have criticized him to the point that he may not be a high first-rounder and could slip to the middle or back portion of the first round. Some analysts have even suggested Jackson should move to another position. However in speaking with team sources, multiple top executives and scouts think that Jackson is being undervalued and definitely can stay as a quarterback in the NFL. Sources from around the league acknowledged that Jackson was a one-man team. Louisville did not have a good running game and fielded a bad offensive line that allowed steady heat on Jackson. Poor receivers consistently dropped well-thrown passes, and that kept Jackson from completing 60 percent of his passes. While a poor supporting cast is used to help justify some of the underwhelming numbers for Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen, the same benefit of the doubt doesn't seem to get extended to Jackson.

Of the top quarterback prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft, Jackson has the most athletic ability and dual-threat danger to give defenses huge problems. He has elite arm strength with a powerful gun that can make devastating throws. Jackson's arm is so strong that he can make throws off platform that other quarterback can only make after having set their feet. With just a flick of the wrist, the ball explodes out of Jackson's hands, and he can beat good coverage with perfect throws that very few quarterbacks can make. Jackson also hangs tough in the pocket while staring down the barrel to deliver passes while under the pass rush. He showed good field vision to work through progressions with pocket presence and patience to let routes develop. Jackson can buy time with his feet, and so many of his highlights are dominated by runs, but Jackson has a devastating arm to hurt defenses downfield. He also has run a complicated college offense under Bobby Petrino, displaying full command of the system.g full command for the system.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Richard Sherman isn't dumb. He went to Stanford. :rolleyes:

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Richard Sherman isn't dumb. He went to Stanford. :rolleyes:

I agree, but he went to Stanford to play football, not to learn how to negotiate contracts. It's a great school, but graduating with a degree in communications doesn't qualify you to be an effective agent.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 10:39 AM
I agree, but he went to Stanford to play football, not to learn how to negotiate contracts. It's a great school, but graduating with a degree in communications doesn't qualify you to be an effective agent.

I was being sarcastic Ruth; I'm 100% with you on this one. Ruth, you like my sig? :smile:

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 10:42 AM
I expect Lamar Jackson to get drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, so all this discussion will likely be moot.

I think 4 other QB's come off the board before pick #15 (the Browns, Jets, and Bills take QB's for sure, and likely one other team as well...Giants? Broncos? Dolphins?), and the Cards simply cannot count on Sam "Glass Joe" Bradford to be their QB (and Mike Glennon proved last year that he is better as a backup QB than a starting QB), so Lamar takes his talents to the desert.

Steel Maniac
03-30-2018, 10:46 AM
I expect Lamar Jackson to get drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, so all this discussion will likely be moot.

I think 4 other QB's come off the board before pick #15 (the Browns, Jets, and Bills take QB's for sure, and likely one other team as well...Giants? Broncos? Dolphins?), and the Cards simply cannot count on Sam "Glass Joe" Bradford to be their QB (and Mike Glennon proved last year that he is better as a backup QB than a starting QB), so Lamar takes his talents to the desert.

I concur with this. It's looking like at least 5 QB's go in the first 16 picks and I think one more before we pick. I especially want Jackson to go just in case so Colbert can be saved from himself. LOL

RuthlessBurgher
03-30-2018, 10:49 AM
I was being sarcastic Ruth; I'm 100% with you on this one. Ruth, you like my sig? :smile:

Although he wouldn't be my first choice, I do like Guice as a player. If that's the way the team decides to go, then it officially shuts the door on Bell remaining in the black and gold beyond this year, which would make many fans happy, but I'm still hopeful that they manage to work something out with Le'Veon that works for both sides. We'll see. I hate letting a generational talent just walk away, like we did once upon a time with Rod Woodson and ended up regretting it.

I don't like Jefferson, though, as I mentioned in another thread. Athletically, he fits the mold we are looking for in our next LB. However, I hear too many rumors that the kid does not love football, and I need my LB's to be passionate out there, or else the bust level is high even in spite of impressive physical skills.

steelerkeylargo
04-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Well. I truly had thoughts of updating this once or twice. But, I honestly wouldn't change a thing. I do like Mason Rudolph and Will Hernandez as outside the LB/S conversation. Happy draft day!!