Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SKL 2018 NFL Mock 1.0 (1st of 3) post Bostic'Burnett

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SKL 2018 NFL Mock 1.0 (1st of 3) post Bostic'Burnett

Ok kids. I have been waiting to see what we did in FA before rolling out my first mock.

1/28-Rashaan Evans-ILB-Alabama-I've said it before and I will say it again. This kid is a clone of Lawrence Timmons coming out of Florida St. If we can land him (big if), he will start for the next 10 years. If all 4 top LB's are gone (Edmunds, Smith, Evans and Vander Esch). I think Rudolph is the pick.

2/60-Jessie Bates-S-Wake Forrest- Classic Steeler safety in that he is well rounded and interchangeable. Baseball background as CF. Those guys always have a step up in the ball skill department.

3/92-Dorrance Armstrong-OLB-Kansas-this guy played out of position as a 4-3 end for Kansas. Why? Because he was the best player on their team. Excellent athlete who I hope falls here. Rotates in 2018 while we wait for Dupree's porch light to come on.

5/148-Bo Scarbrough-will be a better pro than college player. Straight up slasher and a compliment to Connor in reserve.

5/165-Jack Cichy-ILB-Wisc- straight up FOOTBALL PLAYER. intelligence, instincts , all the intangibles, hoping last years injury gets him to us in the 5th

7/220-Jeff Badet-WR-OU-flat out burner, immediately becomes our PR and 5th WR. Eventually develops into Eli Rogers but with 4.25 speed

7/246-Steven Parker-S-OU-PS player in 2018. Somewhat limited athletically but super smart with great ball skills. Eventual dime player and ST ace
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 03-20-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hahahaha..

I knew someone would do this but I didn't think it would be so fast.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rudolph getting the same hype that Zach Mettenberger and Christian Hackenberg got as "Dark horse steeler picks"

Hes not a first round QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Rudolph getting the same hype that Zach Mettenberger and Christian Hackenberg got as "Dark horse steeler picks"

Hes not a first round QB
    Now that I know who is hyping him up on here I know he won’t be more than a back up QB.

Not sure why folks always jump on the long shot but I guess if they pan out they can ride that wave for years.

I wouldn’t bet on any of these QB’s to be honest. I just haven’t see anything that screams super star when I watched them.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see the same guys knocking Rudolph that swore uphill and down that Pat Mahommes wasn't a first rounder. To each their own. I don't think I need to ride anything for any amount of time. I think I've made some good calls on this site over the years...including Brian Allen and Keion Adams last year and Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown a few years ago. I don't attend as many scouting events and all-star games as I used to but I think my eye for talent is still pretty strong. I'm not here to argue. Just give an educated opinion that's pretty well connected.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

SKL this is good mock. I like it, however, I do not think this will happen. Especially at the first pick. It's Mason Rudolph. The Steelers see a franchise QB who reminds them very much of the one they have. Here's my go at the 1st 3...

1---Mason Rudolph QB
    2---Anthony Miller WR
    3---Quenton Meeks CB

1 and 2?...Ben and AB all over again. : )

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I see the same guys knocking Rudolph that swore uphill and down that Pat Mahommes wasn't a first rounder. To each their own. I don't think I need to ride anything for any amount of time. I think I've made some good calls on this site over the years...including Brian Allen and Keion Adams last year and Emanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown a few years ago. I don't attend as many scouting events and all-star games as I used to but I think my eye for talent is still pretty strong. I'm not here to argue. Just give an educated opinion that's pretty well connected.
    Tebow and Manzeil were drafted in the first as well..

doesn't mean they were worthy.

we shall see.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Hes not a first round QB
    You might be right but let's enjoy the entrigue. I love all the smoke screen stuff at this time of year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Tebow and Manzeil were drafted in the first as well..

doesn't mean they were worthy.

we shall see.
    Yeah but I backed Mahommes from day 1 and I'll back Rudolph too. Never Manziel or Tebow. That's the best part about this site. You can pull up just about anything.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieboy View Post
    SKL this is good mock. I like it, however, I do not think this will happen. Especially at the first pick. It's Mason Rudolph. The Steelers see a franchise QB who reminds them very much of the one they have. Here's my go at the 1st 3...

1---Mason Rudolph QB
    2---Anthony Miller WR
    3---Quenton Meeks CB

1 and 2?...Ben and AB all over again. : )
    I'd be just fine with Rudolph. I like Miller too but he is a luxury pick in the 2nd round. I can't sign off on him.