01-02-2013, 08:41 AM
1)Johnathan Hankins-DT-Ohio St.
2)Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford
3)Tony Jefferson-S-Oklahoma
4)Kenny Stills WR-Oklahoma
5)Kevin Reddick-ILB-UNC
6)Jake Stoneburner-TE-Ohio St.
7)Sean Renfree-QB-Duke

Not bad, although I'm looking at Chance Warmack in Round 1. If we don't fix the OL once and for all we will never get the ofense on track and we will waste the years we have left with Ben.

steelerkeylargo
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't think Warmack is there at 17. I would love them to bring Starks back again. Let Gilbert and Adams battle for RT. Loser and Beachum would be quality backups.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2013, 11:04 AM
A nice, well-rounded draft that fills multiple needs. And now you can change the mock in your sig that has us taking Cordy Glenn last spring!

ikestops85
01-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Does anybody else like Urtz from Stanford? He looks like he could be a great addition to the 2 TE set. A big body who does well going up for the ball much like Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I'd be happier with the one in my sig....we take a lot of the same positions though.

Dee Dub
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Does anybody else like Urtz from Stanford? He looks like he could be a great addition to the 2 TE set. A big body who does well going up for the ball much like Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski.

He is a phenomenal TE, but why use a first round pick on a position that is far down the list of team priorities? For what you are asking of Ertz (2 TE's set formations), the Steelers can get in the mid to late rounds.

BigRob
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Not bad, although I'm looking at Chance Warmack in Round 1. If we don't fix the OL once and for all we will never get the ofense on track and we will waste the years we have left with Ben.

It won't be another Guard. I think they will draft a Guard in the 3rd-4th Rd. This is a very deep guard draft. You can get one in the 3rd to back-up Colon (Who will be back and starting).

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2013, 02:20 PM

Yeah, but we'd likely have to use our 2nd round pick to land Zach Ertz, and we have more important needs to fill with our high picks (unless Heath's knee injury is worse than we think).

steelerkeylargo
01-02-2013, 02:27 PM
He is a phenomenal TE, but why use a first round pick on a position that is far down the list of team priorities? For what you are asking of Ertz (2 TE's set formations), the Steelers can get in the mid to late rounds.

I agree. Love the kid but a guy like Stoneburner or Jack Doyle late is more like it. FA is a possibility here too.

Dee Dub
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
I agree. Love the kid but a guy like Stoneburner or Jack Doyle late is more like it. FA is a possibility here too.

What do you think about Joseph Fauria of UCLA? Here's a guy who is big target, good hands, and caught 11 TD's in an offense that was run-oriented.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2013, 02:44 PM
What do you think about Joseph Fauria of UCLA? Here's a guy who is big target, good hands, and caught 11 TD's in an offense that was run-oriented.

I remember his uncle Christian was a passable #2 TE for the Seahawks and Pats a decade or so ago.

steelerkeylargo
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM

I'd be fine with him in 6 or 7. Very weak year for TE's after Ertz and Eifert.

MeetJoeGreene
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.

Dee Dub
01-02-2013, 10:44 PM
1)Johnathan Hankins-DT-Ohio St.
2)Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford
3)Tony Jefferson-S-Oklahoma
4)Kenny Stills WR-Oklahoma
5)Kevin Reddick-ILB-UNC
6)Jake Stoneburner-TE-Ohio St.
7)Sean Renfree-QB-Duke

By the way, I like your draft. Finally!! :) I would probably prefer Jesse Williams over Hankins for two reasons. I love Hankins but he did have a little bit of a down year. And two, I think Williams is the more pure NT for a 3-4.

What is there to not like about Tony Jefferson? You can move him all around the field. Stills and Reddick could be better players in the NFL. They could really surprise at the next level. And Taylor is a solid back.

thor75
01-03-2013, 03:14 AM
Did anyone else hear we are tied with Dallas as an 8-8 team but we get to pick 17th, (they are 18th I assume), then swap positions every other round? They would draft before us in the second, Pitts then Dallas in the third, etc. I cannot remember the article, sorry, but I had never heard of this before.

supersteeler
01-03-2013, 08:59 AM
For what it's worth I have my first 4 picks, two on the D and two on the O.

1. JOHN JENKINS.......NT

2. ERIC REID.............S

3. TRAVIS KELCE.......TE

4. LE'VEON BELL RB

Mister Pittsburgh
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Did anyone else hear we are tied with Dallas as an 8-8 team but we get to pick 17th, (they are 18th I assume), then swap positions every other round? They would draft before us in the second, Pitts then Dallas in the third, etc. I cannot remember the article, sorry, but I had never heard of this before.

HUH? That doesn't make sense.

steelerkeylargo
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
HUH? That doesn't make sense.

Yes thats true. These things happen every year.

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2013, 11:09 PM
For what it's worth I have my first 4 picks, two on the D and two on the O.

1. JOHN JENKINS.......NT

2. ERIC REID.............S

3. TRAVIS KELCE.......TE

4. LE'VEON BELL RB

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.

Dee Dub
01-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Yes thats true. These things happen every year.

Yep! And I know I have spoken about this like 100 times. The cool thing is, with Cleveland and New Orleans not having second round picks our second round pick moves up two spots. As well as all the other picks after that.

supersteeler
01-04-2013, 07:47 AM

I view your quote as a compliment, if so thanks, but in reality it's all speculation. I have no idea who the Steelers will draft just taking a guess based on our needs and the possibility these picks will be there when we select.
Out of the four picks I made, I do have confidence that Eric Reid will be a Steeler unless someone else picks him before us. I also think John Jenkins the NT from Georgia is a valid pick, a player who could make our front seven better.

Overall:
No matter who we draft, the organization knows up front we had a disappointing season in 2012, its in their court now to correct the issues. We expressed our reasons, but it falls back on the team as a whole, both players and coaches to improve.
When we say improve in the Burgh, its not just in the win-loss record but to make the post season and a possible run at the SB, THATS THE STANDARD, anything less doesn't cut it!