PDA

View Full Version : Milling about

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm getting tired of seeing or D casually milling about before the snap of the ball.

Favre is now taking advantage of it.

snarky
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Do you think Bad Word should put a "No Loitering" sign up or something?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
steelrz-d, maybe it's so the QB can't get a good feel for what LeBeau is sending at him?

NC Steeler Fan
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Um, yeah, I thought that was intentional?

So, they never know who's blitzing?

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
No, I'm not talking about moving around.

Totally different thing.

I'm talking about them not even looking at the LOS or the offense or the ball. Favre was trying to catch them not looking. He almost got Kirschke one. TK was looking back talking to Farrior for several seconds and got his head around the instant the ball was snapped.

I've played football and watched long enough to know the difference between moving around to disguise the D and just being lackadaisical.

Or lallygagging, if you will.

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 08:24 AM
yea i cant stand watching them or any team walk to the play, i dont know it looks lazy to me, good for favre for recognizing it and beating us 3 times on it, (3 times in a matter of one minute)

MeetJoeGreene
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Hampton wasn't milling about.. he got called 2 or 3 times for neutral zone infraction at that snap? :wft

How does that happen to a NOSE TACKLE

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Hampton wasn't milling about.. he got called 2 or 3 times for neutral zone infraction at that snap? :wft

I think they showed a replay where the center squeezed the ball suddenly and even raised his head slightly to draw him offisides. I think this is illegal, but if it's not called, I guess it's a penalty against us instead...

stlrz d
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM

I think they showed a replay where the center squeezed the ball suddenly and even raised his head slightly to draw him offisides. I think this is illegal, but if it's not called, I guess it's a penalty against us instead...

I was peeved about it during the game, but on NFLN they were talking about it and they said sometimes centers will squeeze the ball and even grunt a little bit to draw a guy off.

phillyesq
10-29-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm getting tired of seeing or D casually milling about before the snap of the ball.

I noticed Favre doing that -- trying to quick snap before the D was set, and after the first time, I thought the D would have been ready for it, which kind of disappointed me. However, it didn't seem to get great results for him, and I think it even resulted in penalty at one point (two men in motion, iirc).

stlrz d
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM

I noticed Favre doing that -- trying to quick snap before the D was set, and after the first time, I thought the D would have been ready for it, which kind of disappointed me. However, it didn't seem to get great results for him, and I think it even resulted in penalty at one point (two men in motion, iirc).

It actually resulted in 2 penalties for them...but that's because the rest of the team didn't catch on.

On the one play where Kirschke was in his stance but looking back talking to Farrior I was screaming at the TV, "TURN AROUND DAMMIT...TURN AROUND!!!"

Sheesh, I don't need that kind of stress. Once the QB is under center you keep your damn eyes forward!!!