Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Milling about

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Milling about

    I'm getting tired of seeing or D casually milling about before the snap of the ball.

    Favre is now taking advantage of it.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Do you think Bad Word should put a "No Loitering" sign up or something?
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

    [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    steelrz-d, maybe it's so the QB can't get a good feel for what LeBeau is sending at him?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #4
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Um, yeah, I thought that was intentional?

    So, they never know who's blitzing?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    No, I'm not talking about moving around.

    Totally different thing.

    I'm talking about them not even looking at the LOS or the offense or the ball. Favre was trying to catch them not looking. He almost got Kirschke one. TK was looking back talking to Farrior for several seconds and got his head around the instant the ball was snapped.

    I've played football and watched long enough to know the difference between moving around to disguise the D and just being lackadaisical.

    Or lallygagging, if you will.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    yea i cant stand watching them or any team walk to the play, i dont know it looks lazy to me, good for favre for recognizing it and beating us 3 times on it, (3 times in a matter of one minute)

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Hampton wasn't milling about.. he got called 2 or 3 times for neutral zone infraction at that snap?

    How does that happen to a NOSE TACKLE
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Hampton wasn't milling about.. he got called 2 or 3 times for neutral zone infraction at that snap?

    How does that happen to a NOSE TACKLE
    I think they showed a replay where the center squeezed the ball suddenly and even raised his head slightly to draw him offisides. I think this is illegal, but if it's not called, I guess it's a penalty against us instead...


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Hampton wasn't milling about.. he got called 2 or 3 times for neutral zone infraction at that snap?

    How does that happen to a NOSE TACKLE
    I think they showed a replay where the center squeezed the ball suddenly and even raised his head slightly to draw him offisides. I think this is illegal, but if it's not called, I guess it's a penalty against us instead...
    I was peeved about it during the game, but on NFLN they were talking about it and they said sometimes centers will squeeze the ball and even grunt a little bit to draw a guy off.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Milling about

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I'm getting tired of seeing or D casually milling about before the snap of the ball.

    Favre is now taking advantage of it.
    I noticed Favre doing that -- trying to quick snap before the D was set, and after the first time, I thought the D would have been ready for it, which kind of disappointed me. However, it didn't seem to get great results for him, and I think it even resulted in penalty at one point (two men in motion, iirc).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •