Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NH...Just Wow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    honestly, what made me sit up and take notice was seeing Najee hit or met behind the LOS and still finding ways to churn out an 8 yarder.

Anyone can run thru a big hole but Najee was turning no gainers into decent runs.

check this article out. Najee made the Bama OL look better than is was..

Some good stats and data showing how Bama’s OL wasn’t blowing holes open. Might also be one of the reasons we weren’t interested in Bama’s linemen
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2021-nfl-draft
    Thanks for the link feltdizz .
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

honestly, what made me sit up and take notice was seeing Najee hit or met behind the LOS and still finding ways to churn out an 8 yarder.

Anyone can run thru a big hole but Najee was turning no gainers into decent runs.

check this article out. Najee made the Bama OL look better than is was..

Some good stats and data showing how Bama’s OL wasn’t blowing holes open. Might also be one of the reasons we weren’t interested in Bama’s linemen
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2021-nfl-draft
    Thanks dizz. That's a good read and makes me feel better that it wasn't all about the OL dominating the opponents. If he can do the same in the NFL, the dreaded '3rd and 1' may forever be banished from the Steelers offense (and we can put to bed ..."why no QB sneaks?").

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is crazy/interesting. NH got sent home from practice because he is too focused on football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/najee-harri...213919635.html

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Thanks dizz. That's a good read and makes me feel better that it wasn't all about the OL dominating the opponents. If he can do the same in the NFL, the dreaded '3rd and 1' may forever be banished from the Steelers offense (and we can put to bed ..."why no QB sneaks?").
    Let me be clear, he didnt always break every tackle behind the LOS.

Last thing I want to hear is “what happened?” if he doesn’t get a 3rd and 1 but I expect him to convert the majority of them.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Thanks for the link feltdizz .
    You’re welcome. This is why I am so high on this kid.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me be clear, he didnt always break every tackle behind the LOS.

Last thing I want to hear is “what happened?” if he doesn’t get a 3rd and 1 but I expect him to convert the majority of them.
    hey, no backtracking now.... you said he could run through a brick wall (so to speak).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This is crazy/interesting. NH got sent home from practice because he is too focused on football.

i love the fact that the rookie wants to absorb everything he can.

on the other hand, why are our coaches telling him to leave. you hear stories all the time that coaches put in endless of work.

maybe that's not a thing in pittsburgh. could explain some of the collapses they've had

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i love the fact that the rookie wants to absorb everything he can.

on the other hand, why are our coaches telling him to leave. you hear stories all the time that coaches put in endless of work.

maybe that's not a thing in pittsburgh. could explain some of the collapses they've had
    perhaps Faulkner has good intentions and doesn't want Najee to hit the proverbial rookie wall too early.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

This kid is too much. Going to be the face of this franchise in no time.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    hey, no backtracking now.... you said he could run through a brick wall (so to speak).
    I’m glad to see Feltdizz has moved on from his Leveon love.