Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NH...Just Wow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    There was never any doubt about his ability or pedigree but I'm still concerned about the O-line. If the O-line is good, then he's good. If the O-line still isn't up to snuff, wouldn't matter if we had Gayle Sayers in his prime back there, run game won't flourish.
    I agree with this.

And NFL durability is always a question with any RB too.

But he looks like he (1) has skill and (2) works hard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I agree with this.

And NFL durability is always a question with any RB too.

But he looks like he (1) has skill and (2) works hard.
    Oh...he looks like a freakin beast! He's perfect for what we need at that position. No reflection on his effort or ability. That O-line has got to get the job done, so NH can do his job.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

There was never any doubt about his ability or pedigree but I'm still concerned about the O-line. If the O-line is good, then he's good. If the O-line still isn't up to snuff, wouldn't matter if we had Gayle Sayers in his prime back there, run game won't flourish.
    A RB who can set up his blocks and shed tackles behind the LOS and still get 4 yards is the different.

Do you really think players like Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders had perfect blocking on every play?

That is what makes a great RB special. When things arenít perfect they can still make things happen on some of those plays.

Average RBís need perfect execution by the OL on every play and last year we watched this offense totally abandon the run after a few attempts.

We donít have to be top 5 at OL for Najee to be successful.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A RB who can set up his blocks and shed tackles behind the LOS and still get 4 yards is the different.

Do you really think players like Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders had perfect blocking on every play?

That is what makes a great RB special. When things aren’t perfect they can still make things happen on some of those plays.

Average RB’s need perfect execution by the OL on every play and last year we watched this offense totally abandon the run after a few attempts.

We don’t have to be top 5 at OL for Najee to be successful.
    Without a decent O-line the degree of his success will be the question. Yes he can still make some plays with poor play from the line ( because of his individual talent) but the degree of his success will be deminised with poor O-line play.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Without a decent O-line the degree of his success will be the question. Yes he can still make some plays with poor play from the line ( because of his individual talent) but the degree of his success will be deminised with poor O-line play.
    True, but as we discussed before. The OL opened some gaping holes last year that Conner and McFarland whiffed on.

I’m not goi g to be be concerned about the OL until they give me a reason. I think we improved simply by Pouncey retiring and AV moving on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    True, but as we discussed before. The OL opened some gaping holes last year that Conner and McFarland whiffed on.

I’m not goi g to be be concerned about the OL until they give me a reason. I think we improved simply by Pouncey retiring and AV moving on.
    Fair enough… hopefully your right.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm very much interested in his vision on rushing plays. Conner and Snell were average to awful. He's gonna find out the holes he got at Bama won't be there in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh...he looks like a freakin beast! He's perfect for what we need at that position.
    yet you didn't think he would get drafted in the first round by anyone.

you're probably the worst evaluator of talent I have ever seen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm very much interested in his vision on rushing plays. Conner and Snell were average to awful. He's gonna find out the holes he got at Bama won't be there in the NFL.
    honestly, what made me sit up and take notice was seeing Najee hit or met behind the LOS and still finding ways to churn out an 8 yarder.

Anyone can run thru a big hole but Najee was turning no gainers into decent runs.

check this article out. Najee made the Bama OL look better than is was..

Some good stats and data showing how Bama’s OL wasn’t blowing holes open. Might also be one of the reasons we weren’t interested in Bama’s linemen
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...2021-nfl-draft

Legend

User Info Menu

this pick was a no brainer as soon as that playoff game ended

watching the **** show they called a running game the last few years.......... it was painfully obvious