Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive line rankings for 2021

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Means pretty little at this time.. Click bait.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    It’ll be an interesting year for the o-line for sure. I really think the line will be better this year than last, at least by the second half of the year. The line was bad last year.

My reasons for optimism: Decastro played hurt all year, Okafor played out of position, as his skills are more LT than RT, Banner will be manning RT, and the C that wins the battle (my money is on Green) won’t have to be too good to be better than Pouncey last year. I like Dotson, and i think he’ll be a good one; that said, he’s a natural RG like Decastro and he’ll be playing out of his best spot this year.

I’m also optimistic about Moore. If he can become the swing OT this year, that’s a win. Even if he doesn’t eventually become a starter I think he’s the type of player that can be primary backup to every position except C, so that’s a valuable player to have.

Biggest reason for improvement though? Klein, the coach. If nothing else these guys will develop a bury the competition mentality, and we need that.

I’m so ready for Steeler football!
    Opponent DCs will absolutely confuse the OL with twists, stunts, and blitzes. It's a big reason why young OLs struggle and look bad. They might have talent but they don't have the experience against complex defenses.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This right there should be a warning sign that the OL will struggle early, and may not ever gel this season. We are so used to veterans coming in and playing 'good enough' that it will be a shock to see how bad a young line can be. Roethlisberger can make it work initially but they're gonna have to grow together fast especially considering the opponents this season.
    I think this is a good point, but also why I think we shouldnít be concerned if Green, Moore and Pat arenít rushed to play day 1.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Opponent DCs will absolutely confuse the OL with twists, stunts, and blitzes. It's a big reason why young OLs struggle and look bad. They might have talent but they don't have the experience against complex defenses.
    and the counter is to drive the D into the ground with a bruising run game. Run to set up the pass this year. Let the OL dictate instead of being a pass happy O that lets the DL off easy.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and the counter is to drive the D into the ground with a bruising run game. Run to set up the pass this year. Let the OL dictate instead of being a pass happy O that lets the DL off easy.
    I like that plan if they can make it work.

Legend

User Info Menu

And if someone jumps to try to deflect a pass, hammer him into the ground.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think losing Pouncey is addition by subtraction. He was awful last year.

Overall, these list are great for ranking LAST YEAR. Preseason rankings are simply for entertainment.
    Add Feiler to that list. He was also terrible. Dotson was better last year and should have started in his place
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Totally agree with you on this. Straight ahead with a punishing run game.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And if someone jumps to try to deflect a pass, hammer him into the ground.
    Hahahahaha.. okay.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu