Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Players Who Impressed at Steelers OTAs

Legend

User Info Menu

I did read somewhere else (Steelers depot I think) that Shakur Brown got lots of reps and looked good. I think we may be pleasantly surprised with our "haul" of DBs. May not have the draft pedigree, but all about how they integrate into the system.

I'm not putting much in any of these "flag football" workouts...real test comes in July.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The most disappointing part to me is Green is 3rd string. Why? Hopefully its giving vets their due first but for a projected starter trying to beat out a guy who didn't play last year and one of the worst starting centers in the NFL, I'd expect more from Green. It didn't take long to promote Harris. What up here? Physically is he's as good as they say he should be standing out in practice. Not exactly an early sign of a bad pick, but to me this puts him on that radar of being one. That is if the author is calling the action correctly.
    This is all about "flag football" workouts. Green was drafted for his physical and athletic abilities. All he needs to do in OTAs is understand the playbook. Don't turn it into a negative. If this is late August and he is third string then post this.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hmm.. interesting. Not that I care that he isn’t there but it always seems like every year there is poutrage when players skip OTA’s.

”They just don’t want to work!!!!”
    Well, he was the one complaining last season that Highsmith was hitting him too hard in practice