Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Got a question,

If, ( and I know this is a big "if") if we settle in on either Haskins or Rudolph as our QB of the future, in the next draft, how aggressive would you be in trying to get the best cornerback in the draft? We need a legit guy back there, a non-question mark type of guy next to Minka. Would you make it a priority to get a stud at that position? (Providing there is one coming out of college). Or would we just lay back and let what comes to us, come to us?
    I don't want to get a QB just to get a QB.

If there is someone we genuinely love, I say go all in.

But if there isn't, I don't mind letting Mason / Haskins run the ship for a year while we get a bunch of dead money off the cap.

The other advantage would be that they might get us a worse record / higher draft pick than whatever we end up with this year.

It will be interesting to see if next draft's QB crop got stunted from the abridged season last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really great thread topic. worried about our linebacker depth and the opposite corner from Haden but hey, everyone has issues so let's go and see what we got!
    there's not a DC in this league that wouldn't want to be in charge of this defense.
    heyward, tuiit,Watt, bush, haden, fitz

that's 2 stars/above average players on each unit of the defense just to start.

we saw what todd bowles did with his defense in tampa in the post season and especially against the chiefs.
    Chiefs were missing 3 OL and he game planned his defense to perfection. rendering the best QB in the league helpless

we had a similar situation with 3 browns OL missing but somehow crapped the bed vs. a QB making his first playoff start
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 06-12-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Got a question,

If, ( and I know this is a big "if") if we settle in on either Haskins or Rudolph as our QB of the future, in the next draft, how aggressive would you be in trying to get the best cornerback in the draft? We need a legit guy back there, a non-question mark type of guy next to Minka. Would you make it a priority to get a stud at that position? (Providing there is one coming out of college). Or would we just lay back and let what comes to us, come to us?
    You're looking too far into the future. There are way too many "what ifs" to see in 2021 before deciding on the first pick in 2022.

Deciding to draft a corner now already assumes the play of Sutton, Pierre, Layne, and the DBs acquired this year in the draft and as UDFAs. Let's wait and see how the season falls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    You're looking too far into the future. There are way too many "what ifs" to see in 2021 before deciding on the first pick in 2022.

Deciding to draft a corner now already assumes the play of Sutton, Pierre, Layne, and the DBs acquired this year in the draft and as UDFAs. Let's wait and see how the season falls.
    You could be right; but you can never have too many good DB's can you? Especially when we have multiple question marks in the secondary. The odds are against us there so that's why I asked the question.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we had a similar situation with 3 browns OL missing but somehow crapped the bed vs. a QB making his first playoff start
    Isn't that something? Who do you think is responsible for that?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Got a question,

If, ( and I know this is a big "if") if we settle in on either Haskins or Rudolph as our QB of the future, in the next draft, how aggressive would you be in trying to get the best cornerback in the draft?
    maybe we can follow your draft strategy again and trade ALMOST all of our picks to move up to #1 like you suggested for Trevor Lawrence but this time take the best CB?

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't want to get a QB just to get a QB.

If there is someone we genuinely love, I say go all in.

But if there isn't, I don't mind letting Mason / Haskins run the ship for a year while we get a bunch of dead money off the cap.

The other advantage would be that they might get us a worse record / higher draft pick than whatever we end up with this year.

It will be interesting to see if next draft's QB crop got stunted from the abridged season last year.
    Rattler and Howell are suppose to be legit. And the jury is still out on Slovis.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know you want to blame it all on Tomlin but the players certainly bear some responsibility also, don't you think?

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Everyone in the organization.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Everyone in the organization.
    I didn’t know Mr. Rooney was part of the game planning during the playoffs. I Appreciate the heads up on that.