Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Who's Ready for 2021?!?

  1. #31
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Please read my sig for an accurate portrayal of Tomlin’s playoff success for the last decade.

  2. #32
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Your talking like we are talking over a two year period. We are talking over a decade with teams that were picked often to at least make a super bowl.

    At some point, just winning a division for a decade isn¬’t enough when you have teams that are picked to atleast make a super bowl.
    You can't be reasoned with. I know how difficult it is to win in the NFL. You haven't realized how difficult it is to win after 10+ years? Shame on you. It took the Steelers 26 years between Superbowl wins. Maybe you should tweak your expectations to cope with the reality of the situation?

    Again I will take the winning seasons with playoff losses. They are much better than losing seasons. I can lead a horse to water.............
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 06-21-2021 at 07:03 AM.

  3. #33
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Please read my sig for an accurate portrayal of Tomlinís playoff success for the last decade.
    no need to read a sig. I asked if reaching an AFCCG is a failure.

    If it is then you have some unrealistic views on what is considered failure but I guess it would ruin your little 10 year haiku.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #34
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Your talking like we are talking over a two year period. We are talking over a decade with teams that were picked often to at least make a super bowl.

    At some point, just winning a division for a decade isnít enough when you have teams that are picked to atleast make a super bowl.
    a few analyst picking us to win a SB means something now?

    is that any different than analyst predicting we will finish last in the division?

    Predictions arenít guarantees.. lmao.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #35
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    a few analyst picking us to win a SB means something now?

    is that any different than analyst predicting we will finish last in the division?

    Predictions aren’t guarantees.. lmao.
    Feltzdizz,

    you play down the fact that we fielded teams that out of a decade, one should have made the big dance. You can't play down an entire decade dude. It doesn't work.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  6. #36
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Feltzdizz,

    you play down the fact that we fielded teams that out of a decade, one should have made the big dance. You can't play down an entire decade dude. It doesn't work.
    What doesn’t work is demanding a SB in a 10 year period AFTER making the SB twice on 3 years.

    We aren’t owed SB’s simply because you want them or because Ben was the QB.

    You downplayed an AFCCG appearance because it would show that we actually didn’t have 10 years of failure.

    We had success, we just didn’t make a SB. What is the number of SB’s you expected Tomlin to make that would’ve satisfied your expectations?

    3 SB’s in 14 years? 4 SB’s???

    This isn’t a trick question. I’m just wondering how many Tomlin needed to make to satisfy your frustration.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  7. #37
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What doesn’t work is demanding a SB in a 10 year period AFTER making the SB twice on 3 years.

    We aren’t owed SB’s simply because you want them or because Ben was the QB.

    You downplayed an AFCCG appearance because it would show that we actually didn’t have 10 years of failure.

    We had success, we just didn’t make a SB. What is the number of SB’s you expected Tomlin to make that would’ve satisfied your expectations?

    3 SB’s in 14 years? 4 SB’s???

    This isn’t a trick question. I’m just wondering how many Tomlin needed to make to satisfy your frustration.

  8. #38
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What doesn’t work is demanding a SB in a 10 year period AFTER making the SB twice on 3 years.

    We aren’t owed SB’s simply because you want them or because Ben was the QB.

    You downplayed an AFCCG appearance because it would show that we actually didn’t have 10 years of failure.

    We had success, we just didn’t make a SB. What is the number of SB’s you expected Tomlin to make that would’ve satisfied your expectations?

    3 SB’s in 14 years? 4 SB’s???

    This isn’t a trick question. I’m just wondering how many Tomlin needed to make to satisfy your frustration.
    What anyone would reasonable expect is if you have a top 4 team in the league for a decade or more, you should make ONE super bowl.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    What anyone would reasonable expect is if you have a top 4 team in the league for a decade or more, you should make ONE super bowl.
    we haven't had a top-4 team for the last decade, that's a total myth perpetuated by Tomlin haters like you with an agenda.

  10. #40
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    You can't be reasoned with. I know how difficult it is to win in the NFL. You haven't realized how difficult it is to win after 10+ years? Shame on you. It took the Steelers 26 years between Superbowl wins. Maybe you should tweak your expectations to cope with the reality of the situation?

    Again I will take the winning seasons with playoff losses. They are much better than losing seasons. I can lead a horse to water.............
    Will never happen. Won't be man enough to admit how wrong he is because he hates Tomlins so deeply...almost sociopathic level of hate. Combined with a fragile ego, you will never see him accept facts or a different POV.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •