Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I didn’t know Mr. Rooney was part of the game planning during the playoffs. I Appreciate the heads up on that.
    nah, Rooney doesn't care about winning remember?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didnít know Mr. Rooney was part of the game planning during the playoffs. I Appreciate the heads up on that.
    Was it the game plan or the execution of the game plan that failed? Both carry a % share of the blame.

The Steelers could of had the perfect game plan. I can't speak on the game plan because I don't know the game plan.

Ultimately games boil down to the execution by the players. I can speak on the execution because that's what I can critique.

That's your heads up for the day.

Oh and you did say something to the effect Rooney doesn't care about winning. I will never understand or agree with that comment. If you were talking about the Pirates not caring about winning then I would understand your stance and agree with you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Was it the game plan or the execution of the game plan that failed? Both carry a % share of the blame.

The Steelers could of had the perfect game plan. I can't speak on the game plan because I don't know the game plan.

Ultimately games boil down to the execution by the players. I can speak on the execution because that's what I can critique.

That's your heads up for the day.

Oh and you did say something to the effect Rooney doesn't care about winning. I will never understand or agree with that comment. If you were talking about the Pirates not caring about winning then I would understand your stance and agree with you.
    I was being sarcastic.

Using the excuse of “ it’s the players fault .. not the coach” is a cop out. Cause when things go well, you want to praise Tomlin.

The team ( as a whole) was not prepared to play. It is the head coach ultimate responsibility to have your team ready to play. It’s not Mr. Rooney’s or the share holders responsibility to have the team ready to play a playoff game at home. More excuses for a coach that has been a playoff failure for a decade now.

That’s my tip of the day for you.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 06-20-2021 at 04:47 PM.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Using the excuse of “ it’s the players fault .. not the coach” is a cop out. Cause when things go well, you want to praise Tomlin.

when things go wrong it's everyone's fault, players and coaches alike.

and no, when things go well we all want to praise the whole team...players and coaches alike.

that's your tip of the day for you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Today, 01:56 PM
    hawaiiansteel
    Legend
    This message is hidden because hawaiiansteel is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Today, 01:56 PM
    hawaiiansteel
    Legend
    This message is hidden because hawaiiansteel is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Today, 02:47 PM
    Steel Maniac
    Dunce
    This message is hidden because Steel Maniac is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Legend

User Info Menu

I was being sarcastic.

The team ( as a whole) was not prepared to play. It is the head coach ultimate responsibility to have your team ready to play. It’s not Mr. Rooney’s or the share holders responsibility to have the team ready to play a playoff game at home. More excuses for a coach that has been a playoff failure for a decade now.

An AFCCG is a failure?

smh..
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    An AFCCG is a failure?

smh..
    Some love to live on the extreme end of the spectrum. Sometimes I don't know if it's their hate for Tomlin that drives them mad?

The narrative would easily become BUT the team failed to win the Superbowl if they had won more playoff games with Tomlin as HC. That was the narrative that some created with Cowher as HC. Some people didn't believe the Steelers could win a championship with Cowher as HC.

Some people take winning consistently and making the playoffs for granted.

The last time the Bills won a playoff game before last season was in 1995. They made the playoffs 5 times from 1996 to 2019. Zero playoff wins until 2019 season. From 2000 to 2016 they didn't make the playoffs. They had multiple HC's.

I will take what the Steelers offer it's fan base even if they get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs. I will take that over having losing seasons and missing the playoffs.

Some people just can't be reasoned with around here. No middle ground for success. Championship or the season is a failure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    An AFCCG is a failure?

smh..
    Please read my sig for an accurate portrayal of Tomlin’s playoff success for the last decade.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Some love to live on the extreme end of the spectrum. Sometimes I don't know if it's their hate for Tomlin that drives them mad?

The narrative would easily become BUT the team failed to win the Superbowl if they had won more playoff games with Tomlin as HC. That was the narrative that some created with Cowher as HC. Some people didn't believe the Steelers could win a championship with Cowher as HC.

Some people take winning consistently and making the playoffs for granted.

The last time the Bills won a playoff game before last season was in 1995. They made the playoffs 5 times from 1996 to 2019. Zero playoff wins until 2019 season. From 2000 to 2016 they didn't make the playoffs. They had multiple HC's.

I will take what the Steelers offer it's fan base even if they get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs. I will take that over having losing seasons and missing the playoffs.

Some people just can't be reasoned with around here. No middle ground for success. Championship or the season is a failure.
    Your talking like we are talking over a two year period. We are talking over a decade with teams that were picked often to at least make a super bowl.

At some point, just winning a division for a decade isn’t enough when you have teams that are picked to atleast make a super bowl.