Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's Ready for 2021?!?

Hope this defense can return to greatness ... Watt, Tuitt, Heyward are monsters (that sack of Mayfield @2:27 hurt me just watching it)

also there is an Edmunds INT sighting!

Harris is going to be a beast in the AFCN!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this!

Hopefully, the D can hold strong early because I think the OL will need time to gel.

Glad we have the extra pre-season game this year to try to get some cohesion with the big uglies.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We got a feelin'.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Really great thread topic. worried about our linebacker depth and the opposite corner from Haden but hey, everyone has issues so let's go and see what we got!
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watt is not only our best player, he's the player that must deliver at all times. Not an easy task. If he has just a decent year these DB's are going to need to exceed expectations. Meeting them won't be enough . All four starters are going to need to stay healthy and have one of their better years. It would be nice for Tuitt to overachieve too. Our depth is thin.

On offense, do we have OL that's ready? I don't know! Ben won't be good without protection. That much I'm sure of.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 06-10-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Watt is not only our best player, he's the player that must deliver at all times. Not an easy task. If he has just a decent year these DB's are going to need to exceed expectations. Meeting them won't be enough . All four starters are going to need to stay healthy and have one of their better years. It would be nice for Tuitt to overachieve too. Our depth is thin.

On offense, do we have OL that's ready? I don't know! Ben won't be good without protection. That much I'm sure of.
    Got a question,

If, ( and I know this is a big "if") if we settle in on either Haskins or Rudolph as our QB of the future, in the next draft, how aggressive would you be in trying to get the best cornerback in the draft? We need a legit guy back there, a non-question mark type of guy next to Minka. Would you make it a priority to get a stud at that position? (Providing there is one coming out of college). Or would we just lay back and let what comes to us, come to us?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m pumped…although I’m not wishing away summer.

This may be a transition year or we may surprise. I can’t wait to find out!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Got a question,

If, ( and I know this is a big "if") if we settle in on either Haskins or Rudolph as our QB of the future, in the next draft, how aggressive would you be in trying to get the best cornerback in the draft? We need a legit guy back there, a non-question mark type of guy next to Minka. Would you make it a priority to get a stud at that position? (Providing there is one coming out of college). Or would we just lay back and let what comes to us, come to us?
    QB needs are always greater than the CB needs IF you have a bad starter. We already saw Rudolph play with a great defense. Now the Defense isn't as good, and the OL ever more suspect. How would he look now? He was benched and with more film, I say would be badly exposed with a below average arm and velocity, shaky ball control, and mobility slightly better than the statue outside the stadium,.

Haskins was run out of Washington. If, he changes his attitude he can be the #2 QB. When I saw him pay on TV as he starter he was very unimpressive. A good arm, but a me first team 15th type who was a poor passer that lacked mobility. We'd see the same problem.

I like QB Sam Howell. But we will need a top 10 pick or trade to get him. He's built like a FB with a really good arm, and running ability, but above and beyond all that he has " it " and is a very smart QB who's an accurate passer.

No way should we settle on Rudy or Haskins. NO. Getting a QB is priority one next year. The good news is we can make a real splash in free agency next year, and the OL in theory will be better. Use free agency for a CB, the draft for a QB. A good to very good Qb with a 1st year contact can win a super bowl with the right team around him. Seattle did it.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    QB needs are always greater than the CB needs IF you have a bad starter. We already saw Rudolph play with a great defense. Now the Defense isn't as good, and the OL ever more suspect. How would he look now? He was benched and with more film, I say would be badly exposed with a below average arm and velocity, shaky ball control, and mobility slightly better than the statue outside the stadium,.

Haskins was run out of Washington. If, he changes his attitude he can be the #2 QB. When I saw him pay on TV as he starter he was very unimpressive. A good arm, but a me first team 15th type who was a poor passer that lacked mobility. We'd see the same problem.

I like QB Sam Howell. But we will need a top 10 pick or trade to get him. He's built like a FB with a really good arm, and running ability, but above and beyond all that he has " it " and is a very smart QB who's an accurate passer.

No way should we settle on Rudy or Haskins. NO. Getting a QB is priority one next year. The good news is we can make a real splash in free agency next year, and the OL in theory will be better. Use free agency for a CB, the draft for a QB. A good to very good Qb with a 1st year contact can win a super bowl with the right team around him. Seattle did it.
    "Rudy"hahahhahahahahaaha. I don't see Ben playing every game. So one of those guys is going to get the call. When that happens, it will be that guys time to shine. After this year, we will know what we have to do regarding the QB position going forward...one way or the other. But I also know that Haden is more on the backend as well at his position with a bunch of question marks at every position back there other than Minka. Our future need at outside CB is just as dire as our future need at QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m pumped…although I’m not wishing away summer.

This may be a transition year or we may surprise. I can’t wait to find out!
    same here, I always look forward to football season being back again and cheering on the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

This same thing could happen to us if we were to fire Mike Tomlin.