Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pierre and Layne, Where does Sutton play article?

Legend

User Info Menu

We got TWO new free agent corners who could wind up being shockingly good. I think Layne is in real trouble of being cut if one of them is the real deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím sure we would love for both guys to pan out but you canít make a guy better than he is just because he was drafted higher.
    True, but I'm sure that Layne will be given every chance to show what he has. Looking back to when he was drafted, this is the season that they were hoping he would break out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We got TWO new free agent corners who could wind up being shockingly good. I think Layne is in real trouble of being cut if one of them is the real deal.
    Layne needs to be perfect with that arrest on his record
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    True, but I'm sure that Layne will be given every chance to show what he has. Looking back to when he was drafted, this is the season that they were hoping he would break out.
    Given the Steelers record for drafting CBs I'm not hopeful for Layne, especially as a 3rd rounder. The FAs probably have a better chance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Boy we are thin at spots. Looking at LCB, they have Layne stating, Pierre who will beat him out behind him, and Sutton playing in the slot.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was hopeful we could see Layne become Ike Taylor. Haven't totally given up but he needs to show a big jump this year.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I was hopeful we could see Layne become Ike Taylor. Haven't totally given up but he needs to show a big jump this year.
    I'd settle for a Willie Gay at this point. Maybe he needs cut and brought back?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We all want Layne to take that jump. If he did, it would really solidify a lot in the back end.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'd settle for a Willie Gay at this point. Maybe he needs cut and brought back?
    That is wishful thinking. Gay or D Townsend would really upgrade this unit.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.