Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malik Hooker Sighting

Legend

User Info Menu

Malik Hooker Sighting

.... sources indicating Malik Hooker was in Pittsburgh "for unknown reasons".....

stay tuned.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/06/wi...s-by-steelers/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At least having 3 first round safeties on the roster would look impressive on paper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    At least having 3 first round safeties on the roster would look impressive on paper.
    Yep... one more 1st rd DB than our opponents BAL and CLE. Check that... CLE just drafted a DB in Rd 1 this year so that makes 3 in their backfield.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    .... sources indicating Malik Hooker was in Pittsburgh "for unknown reasons".....

stay tuned.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/06/wi...s-by-steelers/
    He visited the Steelers. Maybe an eventual replacement for Edmunds? We don’t have a lot of cap space but the thought of playing closer to home could be appealing. Hooker is from New Castle.

Legend

User Info Menu

I loved Malik when he played for the Buckeyes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    He visited the Steelers. Maybe an eventual replacement for Edmunds? We donít have a lot of cap space but the thought of playing closer to home could be appealing. Hooker is from New Castle.
    Isn't Hooker more of a free-safety type? If we signed him, it might be more for depth or nickel situations. Wouldn't think of him as the long-term replacement for Edmunds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Isn't Hooker more of a free-safety type? If we signed him, it might be more for depth or nickel situations
    Yes, he is and he was a special type of ballhawk in college. But, he has struggled to stay healthy in the pros.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, he is and he was a special type of ballhawk in college. But, he has struggled to stay healthy in the pros.
    Didn’t he blow out his Achilles last season? This would be a depth signing with the hope he recovers at some point next season.

Dude was fun to watch at OSU. He was always around the ball making game changing plays.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Didnít he blow out his Achilles last season? This would be a depth signing with the hope he recovers at some point next season.

Dude was fun to watch at OSU. He was always around the ball making game changing plays.
    From what I read he blows something out every season. Lives in the hot tub. I guess there's room since Connor isn't here anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is the kind of signings we'll have left this year.

Cheap guys that are either (i) not very good or (ii) have some other warts that leave them in the bargain bin.

There isn't much space remaining without another cut or dummy extension.