Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ben says it was his idea to take a paycut

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    It might be heresy but depending on the definition of 'worst' this isn't completely out of the question. But by the one measurable that counts (wins/losses), I have a hard time believing he will be at the bottom. It's really the OL that will determine the season. And with that said, I ask the question; where does the OL fall in the division? On paper it looks like it might be third place. I have to hope it will be better than CIN. BAL OL has questions at center, but they did well in beefing up around him; Stanley, Zeitler, Schofield, AV. And CLE's line seemed to gel as the season progressed. I think they are returning mostly intact.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it can be 1st thru 3rd. I definitely don’t see Cincinnati making the leap this year.

Baker and LJ are also wildcards. Going to be fun to watch it play out. I really don’t see how people can write us off just because we fell off at the end of the season.

We still had 12 wins and a bunch of weapons at WR and now we have a RB
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It might be heresy but depending on the definition of 'worst' this isn't completely out of the question. But by the one measurable that counts (wins/losses), I have a hard time believing he will be at the bottom. It's really the OL that will determine the season. And with that said, I ask the question; where does the OL fall in the division? On paper it looks like it might be third place. I have to hope it will be better than CIN. BAL OL has questions at center, but they did well in beefing up around him; Stanley, Zeitler, Schofield, AV. And CLE's line seemed to gel as the season progressed. I think they are returning mostly intact.
    How I'd rank Ben on different criteria vs. other QB's in the division. I had him 2nd in both "this year" categories (but much closer w/cap). But I think Mayfield's stock is on the rise after last year.

And wouldn't even have had him last (maybe even 2nd) in the last category because I thought we had a great shot at a SB last season...and it's hard to imagine the Browns winning a SB.

Total Career: 1st (Unlikely anyone else will win 2 SBs or end up in the HoF. I guess LJ's got the best chance with an MVP already).
    This Year (w/o cap): 3rd (maybe 4th, but probably still ahead of Burrow)
    This Year (w/cap)*: 4th (Way bigger cap hit than Burrow, even after the pay cut. Bigger cap hit than the other 2 as well)
    QB of the Future: 4th (likely retired after this year)

This isn't the shot at Ben that it might look like. We have some very good QBs in the division. And all of them are young and cheap with longer, brighter futures than a guy who's 39. I think he's the 2nd oldest starting QB in the league behind Brady (Rodgers is younger, so is Fitzmagic if he starts...and Brees retired)?

* Subject to change depending on potential deals for LJ and Baker. But at equal cap hits, I'd probably take those two over Ben in the present.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 06-16-2021 at 11:30 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben ranked #19: