Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spygate

Legend

User Info Menu

Spygate

Well this explains Bill Belichick's and Tom Brady's love for Trump so much. Wow.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...pygate-scandal
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We'll never know for sure, but I think chances are good that the Steelers would have another Lombardi in the trophy case if not for the Patriots' cheating in the early 2000's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We'll never know for sure, but I think chances are good that the Steelers would have another Lombardi in the trophy case if not for the Patriots' cheating in the early 2000's.
    Totally agree with you.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I agree that the cheating hurt the Steelers, I'm also annoyed that the Steelers didn't do more to counter it. It seemed to be known at the time that the cheaters were filming. Surely they could have done something to throw off the cheaters when they were apparently calling out our signals.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Although it was his own, players , coaches and fans.Rooney was instrumental in this cover up.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    While I agree that the cheating hurt the Steelers, I'm also annoyed that the Steelers didn't do more to counter it. It seemed to be known at the time that the cheaters were filming. Surely they could have done something to throw off the cheaters when they were apparently calling out our signals.
    Part of the stubborn Cowher mindset of the time, "we do what we do" ... it was dumb to not change things up when we knew they knew what we were calling

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Although it was his own, players , coaches and fans.Rooney was instrumental in this cover up.
    Yep, Rooney voted to go along with uncle Rog and sweep it all under the rug. I love Rooney, but in this instance, shame on him for not sticking up for his players and his fan base.

But mostly, shame on Goodell and the league for letting Kraft, Belicheat, and the rest of the *s to get away with this crap

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Early 2000's? Likely agree,
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep, Rooney voted to go along with uncle Rog and sweep it all under the rug. I love Rooney, but in this instance, shame on him for not sticking up for his players and his fan base.

But mostly, shame on Goodell and the league for letting Kraft, Belicheat, and the rest of the *s to get away with this crap

it would have been a black mark on the league as a whole. costing them...who knows what

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    it would have been a black mark on the league as a whole. costing them...who knows what
    Well, we know one thing it cost them to cover up spygate ... their integrity