Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers OTA Tracker: Day 1

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    We are also living in an evolving situation when it come to Covid. At this point anyone who wants to be vaccinated has had the option to do so. No reason to believe you would come in contact with any serious Covid positive people within the OTA mini bubble.
    You mean like the Yankees? The vaccine doesn't prevent individuals from catching covid.

Look this just boils down to understanding. Informed individuals can make a decision based on the information available. People either understand why players choose or not choose to attend or they don't. I understand both perspectives. I won't pass judgment on individuals who attend or don't attend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He delivered the message. BUT, the message from the union was to NOT attend as the first option.
    Looking around the league many ignored the unionís first option. OTAs have been well attended.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are also living in an evolving situation when it come to Covid. At this point anyone who wants to be vaccinated has had the option to do so. No reason to believe you would come in contact with any serious Covid positive people within the OTA mini bubble.
    key word is evolving.

No one should be shamed for taking precautions.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers OTA Tracker: Compiling various reports from Day 2 of Steelers team activities

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...es-news-update

Legend

User Info Menu

And this doesn't sound like it's about covid.

I think Heyward said one of the things the players got the team to drop was multiple covid tests before coming in to the facility from out of state.

The Depot has the quote from Heyward (and a link to the interview). Maybe I'm misinterpreting his quote, but it sounds like the players were pushing the team to reduce testing, and it was "abolished".

I think this attempted union action was about preserving physical health from the rigors of football and the added game. Not about covid.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-26-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Looking around the league many ignored the union’s first option. OTAs have been well attended.
    And I applaud them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    key word is evolving.

No one should be shamed for taking precautions.
    Absolutely not. Everybody lives their own circumstances. I would not blame anyone for doing what is best for them. What I didn't like was the union trying to encourage players to do what the union wanted them to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely not. Everybody lives their own circumstances. I would not blame anyone for doing what is best for them. What I didn't like was the union trying to encourage players to do what the union wanted them to do.
    well, I think that is exactly what a union is supposed to do.

what is the point of a union of they encourage workers to do what the company wants?

the NFL has people in place who want players to do what they want.

I think I read 75% of the Steelers showed up.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well, I think that is exactly what a union is supposed to do.

what is the point of a union of they encourage workers to do what the company wants?

the NFL has people in place who want players to do what they want.

I think I read 75% of the Steelers showed up.
    Unions are a political org no different than other group thinks. They don't always make decisions that are in the best interest of everyone in the group. The decision to not show up for OTAs was clearly slanted toward the vet players.

Legend

User Info Menu