Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: So James Pierre is going to be there other starting Cornerback?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    good point, I was torn when I read this.

am I supposed to be happy that Pierre is doing well or worried that Ben is throwing interceptions?
    As long as it is one guy making the picks I'd go with Pierre playing well.

When Ben starts sharing that love woth everyone I'll be concerned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    What came through loud and clear? Pierre is a smart player even at this young age. He knows how where his help is, how he needs to position himself. You don't have to be the fastest guy on the field if you know your stuff and can anticipate plays. Kinda like a Deshea Townsend. It will be fun watching this kid develop this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What came through loud and clear? Pierre is a smart player even at this young age. He knows how where his help is, how he needs to position himself. You don't have to be the fastest guy on the field if you know your stuff and can anticipate plays. Kinda like a Deshea Townsend. It will be fun watching this kid develop this season.
    I would take another Deshea Townsend type player in a heartbeat. I always liked Deshea’s game…smart, consistent and reliable. I’d be more than happy if Pierre brings that type of game to the Steelers secondary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looks like Pierre has picked up on some of the mental aspects of the game quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Looks like Pierre has picked up on some of the mental aspects of the game quickly.
    No thanks to Tomlin.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take another D Townsend without hesitation

If that is who Pierre turns out to be like we have a win
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I would take another Deshea Townsend type player in a heartbeat. I always liked Deshea’s game…smart, consistent and reliable. I’d be more than happy if Pierre brings that type of game to the Steelers secondary.
    I would take the positives of Deshea's game without the negative.....5' 10" vs. 6' 2".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    As long as it is one guy making the picks I'd go with Pierre playing well.

When Ben starts sharing that love woth everyone I'll be concerned.
    Part of me worries about everyone dropping passes last season.

And Tomlin's comments last pre-season about spirals not being great.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I really hope that he pans out.

Getting a starter, or even quality depth from a random pick up like this would really help a secondary that's going to need a fair amount of help in the next few years (maybe even this year).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Part of me worries about everyone dropping passes last season.

And Tomlin's comments last pre-season about spirals not being great.
    Maybe we need to move Pierre to offense then.