Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Steelers First Losing Season under Tomlin?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think this settles it:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2m5Jbi7][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2m5Jbi7]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    I think BB is the only one on that list that had to deal with UFA and the Cap for the majority of his career as a coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    LMAO...Don't hit em with facts...The only facts they got is the non losing seasons crap...15 years there and besides Arians ( who they fired ) not one assistant has been poached from them...Year after year after year Belicheck has assistant Coaches taken from him...Tomlin not ONE, after all this time! Just another example of his ability ( non ability ) to develop !
    look at the great coaching they're missing out on. like coach peezy here

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    look at the great coaching they're missing out on. like coach peezy here

Porter was a bad hire in my opinion. He struggled to develop LBs and he had lapses in good judgment. Great players don't always make good coaches. It is interesting to note that I think he was fired rather than letting his contract expire.

Legend

User Info Menu

Porter was a bad hire in my opinion. He struggled to develop LBs and he had lapses in good judgment. Great players don't always make good coaches. It is interesting to note that I think he was fired rather than letting his contract expire.
    The only thing I remember from Porter's coaching career was him drawing a penalty in the playoff game.

And I believe it was against the rules for him to be on the field at the time.

Hard to know if he was a reasonably good position coach or not. But clearly not good enough to rise in the coaching ranks to DC or something. Maybe a good guy to have around because sometimes players seem to respect guys who had good playing careers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bradley was a bad def back coach hire which IMO set our secondary back.

Porter was an even worse hire.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't believe Porter was fired because he failed to develop the LB's. JJ was a bust but Dupree and Watt developed into good players.

I think Porter was fired because he created divides between the offense and defense in the locker room.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe Porter was fired because he failed to develop the LB's. JJ was a bust but Dupree and Watt developed into good players.

I think Porter was fired because he created divides between the offense and defense in the locker room.
    You're right about the locker room. Forgot about that. And really, Dupree didn't do much until 2019.... after Porter was fired. Porter never struck me as much of a teacher. Saw a couple of vids where he was supposedly coaching and it didn't impress.

Legend

User Info Menu

You're right about the locker room. Forgot about that. And really, Dupree didn't do much until 2019.... after Porter was fired. Porter never struck me as much of a teacher. Saw a couple of vids where he was supposedly coaching and it didn't impress.
    some players aren’t meant to be coaches.

Peezy seems like a guy who hasn’t accepted the fact that his career is over. Player/coaches who can’t accept their time is over are terrible at coaching.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think BB is the only one on that list that had to deal with UFA and the Cap for the majority of his career as a coach.
    And consistently playing in one of the weakest divisions historically in any sport. Gave him huge advantages.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    And consistently playing in one of the weakest divisions historically in any sport. Gave him huge advantages.
    well the division is much harder without Brady.. lol.

Notice how Bills are legit now that they have a QB.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?