Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers First Losing Season under Tomlin?

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers will never have a losing season as long as Big Ben is QB and healthy. Our defense will be better. We lost Bush , Spillane and Dupree last year. If Najee does what I think he will we are going to the SB. Big Ben is a superstar and he is going to prove it to all these haters. Have some faith in your QB. I can feel it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team is still loaded.
    No excuse to be below .500
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This team is still loaded.
    No excuse to be below .500
    Other than Watt and Fitzpatrick, where are the Steelers loaded? I'll include Heyward and Tuitt as part of the "loaded" team even though Heyward is heading into the back nine if his career. Per the last 6 games of the season, the offense is a crap show, with the attempt to make it better by relying on rookies, the defense took a hit when Dupree and Nelson left so unless someone steps up, the defense isn't going to be as good. Also, not certain, how Bush recovers from his injury, many question marks, some good players and needing some rookies to step up in the fall, tall order in my opinion. Ben is a question mark until he proves that he can have an acceptable passer rating in the 17 game and beyond, he is, after all, 39 years old.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.24 Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2.55 Pat Freirmuth, TE, Penn State
    3.87 Kendrick Green, G/C, Illinois
    4.128 Dan Moore Jr, OT, Texas A&M
    4.140 Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M
    5.156 Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin
    6.216 Quincy Roche, LB, Miami
    7.245 Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma
    7.254 Pressley Harvin III, P, GA Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Other than Watt and Fitzpatrick, where are the Steelers loaded? I'll include Heyward and Tuitt as part of the "loaded" team even though Heyward is heading into the back nine if his career. Per the last 6 games of the season, the offense is a crap show, with the attempt to make it better by relying on rookies, the defense took a hit when Dupree and Nelson left so unless someone steps up, the defense isn't going to be as good. Also, not certain, how Bush recovers from his injury, many question marks, some good players and needing some rookies to step up in the fall, tall order in my opinion. Ben is a question mark until he proves that he can have an acceptable passer rating in the 17 game and beyond, he is, after all, 39 years old.

Pappy
    I would add Claypool and JuJu to that list and maybe remove Tuitt because he stays dinged up.

I don’t think loaded is the right term but we have weapons in the passing game.

If Ben looks like he ended last season to start the season I will adjust expectations. If he comes out looking like he still has an arm I will stick to my 11 wins prediction.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would add Claypool and JuJu to that list and maybe remove Tuitt because he stays dinged up.

I don’t think loaded is the right term but we have weapons in the passing game.

If Ben looks like he ended last season to start the season I will adjust expectations. If he comes out looking like he still has an arm I will stick to my 11 wins prediction.
    Ok, I can concede Juju (grudgingly, but concede none the less), too early on Claypool but he looks like a home run, the Steelers are depleted in critical areas, the entire oline, RB (hoping the rook is everything he's cracked up to be), outside cover guys and a really good OLB. I like 9 or 10 wins but they will have to beat some good teams to get there, so, we shall see.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.24 Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2.55 Pat Freirmuth, TE, Penn State
    3.87 Kendrick Green, G/C, Illinois
    4.128 Dan Moore Jr, OT, Texas A&M
    4.140 Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M
    5.156 Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin
    6.216 Quincy Roche, LB, Miami
    7.245 Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma
    7.254 Pressley Harvin III, P, GA Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    The Steelers will never have a losing season as long as Big Ben is QB and healthy. Our defense will be better. We lost Bush , Spillane and Dupree last year. If Najee does what I think he will we are going to the SB. Big Ben is a superstar and he is going to prove it to all these haters. Have some faith in your QB. I can feel it.
    I would like to believe this.

But Rodgers has had 2 seasons where GB was below 500 with him starting (2008, 201.

Brees had 5 with NO (2007, 2012, 2014-2016).

I'd say those are the recent era long career guys in the same tier as Ben.

Brady doesn't have any losing seasons though, so maybe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    He's just laying the ground work so that he can come back at the end of the season and say how over rated we were.

There are a lot of question marks on this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He's just laying the ground work so that he can come back at the end of the season and say how over rated we were.

There are a lot of question marks on this team.
    and of course, say it had to be Tomlin's fault since we were so loaded and finished below .500

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, I can concede Juju (grudgingly, but concede none the less), too early on Claypool but he looks like a home run, the Steelers are depleted in critical areas, the entire oline, RB (hoping the rook is everything he's cracked up to be), outside cover guys and a really good OLB. I like 9 or 10 wins but they will have to beat some good teams to get there, so, we shall see.

Pappy
    I think Dotson is an upgrade on the OL. Also think Pouncey leaving is a wash since he was..ahem, washed. I’m hoping DD was dinged up and comes back strong. No idea on the tackles.

Najee is going to be great for us but he is a rookie so I get the hesitation.

defense is a concern... hopefully we didn’t lose too much last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and of course, say it had to be Tomlin's fault since we were so loaded and finished below .500
    of course.. and if we have a good season its because we were loaded!!! lmao.