Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookie Harris, gives Tomlin one of his best compliments

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rookie Harris, gives Tomlin one of his best compliments

While it's only May, it's clear that Harris' time in Pittsburgh is off to a good start. And while Tomlin praised Harris' conditioning and overall readiness, Harris also had nothing but good things to say about his new coach.

"One thing I've taken away so far from him is he's really a people person," Harris said of Tomlin, who is preparing for his 15th season as Steelers coach. "He really takes time out of his day to get to know the players. He looks for the best, looks out and really cares for the players. You can tell by the way he comes into the locker room and chops it up with people, and he always has a ball of energy. A lot of people just feed off of that. He's somebody that it's easy to want to play for because he's such a likeable person."

>>> Rookies usually don't say stuff like that, but this one certainly stroked his new coach, knowing how and where to do it. Whether Harris is all nice with his words or not ( Things always went his way in college ) remains to be seen, but he's smart enough to notice things quickly. I can't recall a veteran saying this to Tomlin...ever. As a pass catcher in non-contact drills, he's really showing natural hands and cuts. He's going to be RAC weapon on short passes. Early leadership stuff is coming out of the rookie. He only needs to do it games and guys will follow.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    While it's only May, it's clear that Harris' time in Pittsburgh is off to a good start. And while Tomlin praised Harris' conditioning and overall readiness, Harris also had nothing but good things to say about his new coach.

"One thing I've taken away so far from him is he's really a people person," Harris said of Tomlin, who is preparing for his 15th season as Steelers coach. "He really takes time out of his day to get to know the players. He looks for the best, looks out and really cares for the players. You can tell by the way he comes into the locker room and chops it up with people, and he always has a ball of energy. A lot of people just feed off of that. He's somebody that it's easy to want to play for because he's such a likeable person."

>>> Rookies usually don't say stuff like that, but this one certainly stroked his new coach, knowing how and where to do it. Whether Harris is all nice with his words or not ( Things always went his way in college ) remains to be seen, but he's smart enough to notice things quickly. I can't recall a veteran saying this to Tomlin...ever. As a pass catcher in non-contact drills, he's really showing natural hands and cuts. He's going to be RAC weapon on short passes. Early leadership stuff is coming out of the rookie. He only needs to do it games and guys will follow.
    It's been fun to see Harris talk to the media.

Hope he can live up to the hype on the field. Lord knows we need to be better running the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

if you don’t recall veterans praising Tomlin its because you are trolling. Pretty sure someone gave you a ton of links with vets and former players praising Tomlin.

No need to lie or troll the board.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not surprising.Tomlin has always had the reputation as being a players coach.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Not surprising.Tomlin has always had the reputation as being a players coach.
    yep.. which makes it weird for Joel to ask if any vets had positive things to say about Tomlin.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if you don’t recall veterans praising Tomlin its because you are trolling. Pretty sure someone gave you a ton of links with vets and former players praising Tomlin.

No need to lie or troll the board.
    You are way over your head. I'm not trolling the board at all. Park your accusations, better yet prove them. NO ONE gave me any links, do not lie about me.

Now go find me ANY veteran quote that was as complementary towards Tomlin. You can go back 15 years if needed.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are way over your head. I'm not trolling the board at all. Park your accusations, better yet prove them. NO ONE gave me any links, do not lie about me.

Now go find me ANY veteran quote that was as complementary towards Tomlin. You can go back 15 years if needed.
    I’m not doing the work for you. Keep showing yourself to be clueless about this team.

Senior Bowls and stat sheets can’t hide your ignorance on the history or Tomlin and the Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m not doing the work for you. Keep showing yourself to be clueless about this team.

Senior Bowls and stat sheets can’t hide your ignorance on the history or Tomlin and the Steelers
    You can't do ANY work for me, nor when I choose to call you out, can you back it up.

Prove what your saying is true if you can, and I say you can't. You're liar.

I can post more about Tomlin that you care to read. Look Dizz, your obviously a low information type of fan. I asked for a veteran quote as completely. I can find Steeler legends quoted that are the opposite. What's your problem now? Lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can't do ANY work for me, nor when I choose to call you out, can you back it up.

Prove what your saying is true if you can, and I say you can't. You're liar.

I can post more about Tomlin that you care to read. Look Dizz, your obviously a low information type of fan. I asked for a veteran quote as completely. I can find Steeler legends quoted that are the opposite. What's your problem now? Lol.
    you can post lies and rumors about Tomlin...

but anyone who implies they have never heard vets speak highly of Tomlin’s leadership os either trolling, a kid, or just plain ole ignorant.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you can post lies and rumors about Tomlin...

but anyone who implies they have never heard vets speak highly of Tomlin’s leadership os either trolling, a kid, or just plain ole ignorant.
    I guess it depends if you think being friendly with players is considered leadership.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.