Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Steelers might are lacking

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Did you watch some Juju's offseason work outs on you tube?

Juju is still a young man. Sometimes the birth right of the youth is to make mistakes. I try not to judge to harshly in that regard. I made my share of mistakes as a young man. I make my share of mistakes as a middle aged man. Juju is a good football player and young man that likes to enjoy himself. Take some of what made Juju Juju and he might not have the same edge as a player? I don't know. Everyone is build differently and deals with or handles criticism or situations differently. Juju is still a good football player. Seems to be a quality young man. But let's let dancing influence our decision of the overall picture. Sorry but I see more than the dancing stuff.

Apparently Bell was a good teammate to players that were around him. Just because players were disgruntled over whatever issues(ie contract, use) didn't make them poor or bad teammates. Business is business at the professional level though. Again, I don't know all the circumstances so I try not to judge players like Bell to harshly. I think Bell made a big mistake leaving the Steelers. His life and his risk. That's life. He was ok financially regardless of the decision he made. Maybe his goal wasn't to become an all time great bu to make as much money as possible?

As good as Greg was he never won a championship with the Steelers. Greg was a good player and leader. I believe the Steelers have quality leadership. You don't win 11 games in a row by having poor leadership. I just think this mythical leadership thing is an over played excuse. I generally prefer to focus on what I know, can see, and analyze. Execution. That's where games are generally won or loss.

Comparing eras? Come on man stop.
    Championships teams, anyone of them don't have the same diva problems. Show me who they are?

You don't close the season 1-5 and get embarrassed in the playoffs when you are focused, do you?

Greg's team over achieved, and ran in to a dynasty level Cowboys, nearly winning the super bowl, then in my opnion was sucker punched when ownership / GM didn't re-sign O'donnell and went with a very mistake stake prone Kordell Stewart.

Bell was good player but I DO NOT respect him as a man. He screws around with other women when his finance is pregnant, lies to his teammate and coaches when asked about when asked about drug test ( And inserts a 4-20 joke ) , and became mediocre in his final playgoing days here, and oh, didn't take an amazing contract offer by the Steelers, I guess to make his own point. His own OL threw him under the bus. No--His goal was not to make a much money as possible. He would have taken a very generous offer from the Steelers if that were true. I'm glad he and his off the field issues, which I only know a little bit about are gone. Did this guy ever win a playoff game? What do the Jets think of him now? He's a role player at best on KC .

Ju - ju is a fine person, but all the warning signs are there for a diva receiver, and quite frankly he's not great enough to get the attention he wants. This is why he uses social media as if to say look at me. Do it on the field son. IMO he's at the crossroads. Like I said before, he wants to box Antiono Brown a much smaller man for what?
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-16-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    If you want better focus, have guys focusing on football not boxing A Brown or social media. Ju-Ju put a target on the Steelers by dancing on opponents logo's. I don't think he did himself any favors with the officials either.

Your post is a mess.
    How many hours a day are you awake?

And how many hours a day do you spend on your job?

Do you think you'd be better at your job if these two numbers were the same?

Or do you think that you'd be worse at what you do if all you did was sleep and work?

Players are humans.

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL has legislated nasty out of the league. Too much thinking by defenses now instead of making a football play; "should I hold back so I don't hit the QB's knees?"....." can't lower my head when that receiver comes streaking down the sidelines"...."can't touch that guy after 5 yds"...."can't hit that defenseless receiver on the crossing route"...."headslaps?....not allowed"...... etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How many SB’s did we win while. Greg Lloyd was on the team?

Having intimidating LB’s is cool for locker room stories and rumors but it doesn’t guarantee success.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Championships teams, anyone of them don't have the same diva problems. Show me who they are?

You don't close the season 1-5 and get embarrassed in the playoffs when you are focused, do you?

Greg's team over achieved, and ran in to a dynasty level Cowboys, nearly winning the super bowl, then in my opnion was sucker punched when ownership / GM didn't re-sign O'donnell and went with a very mistake stake prone Kordell Stewart.

Bell was good player but I DO NOT respect him as a man. He screws around with other women when his finance is pregnant, lies to his teammate and coaches when asked about when asked about drug test ( And inserts a 4-20 joke ) , and became mediocre in his final playgoing days here, and oh, didn't take an amazing contract offer by the Steelers, I guess to make his own point. His own OL threw him under the bus. No--His goal was not to make a much money as possible. He would have taken a very generous offer from the Steelers if that were true. I'm glad he and his off the field issues, which I only know a little bit about are gone. Did this guy ever win a playoff game? What do the Jets think of him now? He's a role player at best on KC .

Ju - ju is a fine person, but all the warning signs are there for a diva receiver, and quite frankly he's not great enough to get the attention he wants. This is why he uses social media as if to say look at me. Do it on the field son. IMO he's at the crossroads. Like I said before, he wants to box Antiono Brown a much smaller man for what?
    cracks me up how you think your list of who deserves respect “as a man” matters in football.

these are football players, not preachers or marriage counselors..

Greg Lloyd has also been accused of putting a gun in his 12 year old son’s mouth, pointing a gun at his wife and has no contact with his son anymore.

What it really comes down to is players who helped us make SB’s get more “respect” and players who didn’t make SB’s are terrible human beings...

if we make a SB with JuJu on the team watch how quickly JuJu becomes a hero and respected player who is great for the city.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you want better focus, have guys focusing on football not boxing A Brown or social media. Ju-Ju put a target on the Steelers by dancing on opponents logo's. I don't think he did himself any favors with the officials either.

Your post is a mess.
    The NFL has a litany of players that have committed major crimes from OJ, Aaron Hernandez, etc. Many of these same players were all time greats.

Greg Lloyd put a gun in his sons mouth to threaten him.

And I get the game is violent, so youíll have to live with the crazies. But do you really want those kind of players on your team?

Who cares how macho a guy is? Iíd rather just have a guy that can execute.

Fans get caught up in off the field stuff like Juju which is harmless by comparison to so many other things that transpire. Some fans hate players that kneeled during the anthem. The current culture in America had made everyone a little crazy imho.

And we think about all of these things in the context of winning or losing. Joey Porter running his mouth before the SuperBowl vs Seattle was fine cause we won.

Juju taking about boxing AB during the off-season not so much.

Itís all about money. Social media influencers are getting paid to box right now. Itís a big opp. Playing in the NFL is a job that pays these guys. Thinking about how to leverage your career to get paid more while you can given how anything could end your career tomorrow isnít the worst business move. Tells me Juju is smarter than the average NFLer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The NFL has a litany of players that have committed major crimes from OJ, Aaron Hernandez, etc. Many of these same players were all time greats.

Greg Lloyd put a gun in his sons mouth to threaten him.

And I get the game is violent, so you’ll have to live with the crazies. But do you really want those kind of players on your team?

Who cares how macho a guy is? I’d rather just have a guy that can execute.

Fans get caught up in off the field stuff like Juju which is harmless by comparison to so many other things that transpire. Some fans hate players that kneeled during the anthem. The current culture in America had made everyone a little crazy imho.

And we think about all of these things in the context of winning or losing. Joey Porter running his mouth before the SuperBowl vs Seattle was fine cause we won.

Juju taking about boxing AB during the off-season not so much.

It’s all about money. Social media influencers are getting paid to box right now. It’s a big opp. Playing in the NFL is a job that pays these guys. Thinking about how to leverage your career to get paid more while you can given how anything could end your career tomorrow isn’t the worst business move. Tells me Juju is smarter than the average NFLer.
    ..and some of these same people will say stiff like “player X will be broke within 5 years after football!”

I get it, fans just want SB’s...

anything less and their actions will be used against them.

I wonder how many people in Seattle blame Russell Wilson’s wife and their record label for his lack of success recently? I personally know of an artist who is signed to their label who is a family friend.

It always cracks me up when people see a football player not working on their craft and they scream “get to practice!”.. and its usually on FB or twitter. I know these fans don’t work for social media but they have no problem taking time off from work to post about them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Football players are not perfect humans, nor do they spend all their time thinking about football. It's a game, it's entertainment, so put your self righteousness in check and get over it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The winningest QB in the Superbowl era is a diva. He's probably a bigger diva than his wife. Not going to go through the list of "diva" things he did over the years. There were other divas on winning and championship teams.

I believed the Steelers were focused. Being focused and playing well are separate issues.

Greg was a good player for the Steelers. He helped the team win a lot of games. As a fan, I will be grateful that he helped to carry on the Steelers legacy of winning even though they failed to win a championship.

The birth right of young men like Bell is that they make mistakes in life. He has to live with the mistakes he made.

Juju is not at any cross road.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The NFL has legislated nasty out of the league. Too much thinking by defenses now instead of making a football play; "should I hold back so I don't hit the QB's knees?"....." can't lower my head when that receiver comes streaking down the sidelines"...."can't touch that guy after 5 yds"...."can't hit that defenseless receiver on the crossing route"...."headslaps?....not allowed"...... etc.
    You right about that. Going down that slippery slope.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches