Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris; Most exciting #1Pick since Big Ben

Backup

User Info Menu

Najee Harris; Most exciting #1Pick since Big Ben

This guy is the best RB in 4 or 5 years. I cannot believe he fell to #24. The NFL has really gotten crazy. You can ride a guy like this to the SB. 25 years ago this guy doesn't drop past the 5th pick. If he stays healthy and Big Ben stays healthy we are going to the SB. Najee Harris is L Bell squared. He seems very humble. I just hope he doesn't start rapping.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

now i wont have to leave the room when its 3rd or 4th and 1

we actually might make it

Legend

User Info Menu

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    This guy is the best RB in 4 or 5 years. I cannot believe he fell to #24. The NFL has really gotten crazy. You can ride a guy like this to the SB. 25 years ago this guy doesn't drop past the 5th pick. If he stays healthy and Big Ben stays healthy we are going to the SB. Najee Harris is L Bell squared. He seems very humble. I just hope he doesn't start rapping.
    If this isnt wishful thinking.. I dont know what is. I like your style though. "A" for effort for sure!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    I think its more exciting than Ben. I never watched Ben in college or knew much about him. My expectations were pretty low because I had nothing to go on.

I watched a ton on Najee at Bama. What impressed me the most was his ability to turn a no gainer into a 7 yarder. Guys just seem to slip off of him.

I’m just glad we didn’t try to build the OL first like some experts suggested. No way you build an OL in one draft and its much easier to rebuild with a stud at RB.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think its more exciting than Ben. I never watched Ben in college or knew much about him. My expectations were pretty low because I had nothing to go on.

I watched a ton on Najee at Bama. What impressed me the most was his ability to turn a no gainer into a 7 yarder. Guys just seem to slip off of him.

I’m just glad we didn’t try to build the OL first like some experts suggested. No way you build an OL in one draft and its much easier to rebuild with a stud at RB.
    Disagree. Been plenty of data put out to support the other way around . But now that we have him, we need to do all we can to help him and Ben by getting that O-line up to snuff.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Disagree. Been plenty of data put out to support the other way around . But now that we have him, we need to do all we can to help him and Ben by getting that O-line up to snuff.
    still butthurt that Colbert didn't draft OL earlier huh?

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I’m sure there is data to support both ways.

However, I don’t think we believed our OL was as bad as fans. I think they realized no matter how good the OL is you still won’t get good enough production with RB’s who miss holes or hit them but don’t get maximum yards because they are slow as dirt.

IMO you won’t build a good OL in one draft. Why not get the best RB available and build the OL while also letting them get familiar with Najee’s running style?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    still butthurt that Colbert didn't draft OL earlier huh?
    a lot of people felt the same way as SM.

it was really weird to see people grade us negatively for drafting a RB to improve our ground game. Like it was impossible to find value at OL in later rounds.

Backup

User Info Menu

I've been watching a lot of film on this guy the last week. I always watch Bama but I watched a lot of his highlights the last week. He reminds me of a stronger, more powerful, and quicker L Bell.
    I don't get the NFL these days. A guy like Najee can get 25 touches a game and he falls to #24. A good strong RB can carry the ball 25 times a game , but the NFL would prefer a skinnier QB who can run but doesn't have the power of a Najee Harris. The skinnier QB is going to get his knees blown out because he doesn't run with power and forward momentum. A guy like Najee can be our #1 offensive weapon ala Franco. Just like Mean Joe said " before Franco got here we weren't winning and after he got here we didn't lose".