Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris; Most exciting #1Pick since Big Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is key for Harris (and really anyone).

Looks like he has all the tools to be successful provided he stays healthy.
    This will determine every team's fate this season with the 17 game schedule.
    They were talking about load management of key players today.
    I am wondering if letting Roethlisberger play half games makes sense. Let him pitch cleanup.
    The time has come for QBBC I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    By my eye test He looks like the best and He is a big guy at 230+ who looks great hitting the hole to me. Plus I am thinking Derrick Henry as a predecessor to Najee. I go with Saban's history of judging talent. I liked Dobbins also but Najee Harris is better than Dobbins. Watch and see. Najee is L Bell squared.
    Yes Harris is better than Dobbins and will prove it this year

Henry looks much bigger than Harris...at least to me. I bet Henry sits at 245+
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes Harris is better than Dobbins and will prove it this year

Henry looks much bigger than Harris...at least to me. I bet Henry sits at 245+
    Agreed. Harris is an all around stud.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Agreed. Harris is an all around stud.
    yet you didn't think he was worthy of being drafted in the first round.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I am wondering if letting Roethlisberger play half games makes sense. Let him pitch cleanup.
    That's an interesting thought.

I guess NO was doing this a little, but more because of differences in skill set vs. load management I think.

It would be nice if you had confidence in a 2nd QB in case of injury.

But for as many things as I think Tomlin does well, load management (at least of RBs) isn't one of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess NO was doing this a little, but more because of differences in skill set vs. load management I think.

But for as many things as I think Tomlin does well, load management (at least of RBs) isn't one of them.
    I would hope the NFL would stop adding games now. Gzzzz. The punishment on these guys bodies is real. I understand they want more and more revenue (American way) but you can also kill the golden goose too by tampering with something that's already working fine. I would hate the thought of guys (taking games off) load managing because the season is too long.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah, won't happen as long as Tomlin is our coach.

he prefers running the wheels off his lead back.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

NO wasn’t doing load management. Brees couldn’t throw deep anymore.

Didn’t he also break a rib or have an injury last year and miss games?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    NO wasn’t doing load management. Brees couldn’t throw deep anymore.

Didn’t he also break a rib or have an injury last year and miss games?
    Broken ribs. His arm was shot before the injury anyway.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    i dont think there are enough good quarterbacks to do that