Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Just cant see his role being big enough to take the heat off Lawerence, Lawerence has been touted as one of the best prospects and a can't miss pick, a team full of Tebows couldnt minimize those expectations.
    I recall similar hype around a QB with the last name of Luck. A good QB that was burned out before hitting 30 yrs old. Defenses like nothing better than to knock a QB off their pedestals. And you know the saying about the higher the pedestal......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im tired of the " Tebow will bring a competitiveness to lockerroom" as if the guys in that lockerroom need Tim Tebow to show them how to compete.
    Regardless if you're tired of it, the question is, does Meyer believe it? If he does, then maybe he signs Tebow and gives him a shot to make the team.

Here's what Meyer had to say about him:
    “He was in the best shape of his life, asked to see if he could work out with a couple of our coaches,” Meyer said. “I wasn’t even there. They came back to me and said, ‘Wow, this guy’s in incredible shape.’ Then, I went another time and watched them try him out. And they said go work on these things, he comes back later. They try him out again — I’m not there– they come in and they said, ‘Wow, this guy’s ball skills, he’s a great athlete, he looks like he’s 18-years-old, not … 33. I said, ‘Guys you don’t understand, now this guy is the most competitive maniac you’re ever gonna talk to and let’s give it a shot.'”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...cid=uxbndlbing

By the way, as of right now, Tebow hasn't been signed. Until that happens, it's all just talk.
    Last edited by Buzz; 05-14-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Regardless if you're tired of it, the question is, does Meyer believe it? If he does, then maybe he signs Tebow and gives him a shot to make the team.

“He was in the best shape of his life, asked to see if he could work out with a couple of our coaches,” Meyer said. “I wasn’t even there. They came back to me and said, ‘Wow, this guy’s in incredible shape.’ Then, I went another time and watched them try him out. And they said go work on these things, he comes back later. They try him out again — I’m not there– they come in and they said, ‘Wow, this guy’s ball skills, he’s a great athlete, he looks like he’s 18-years-old, not … 33. I said, ‘Guys you don’t understand, now this guy is the most competitive maniac you’re ever gonna talk to and let’s give it a shot.'”

By the way, as of right now, Tebow hasn't been signed. Until that happens, it's all just talk.
    I seriously doubt Meyer would admit if Tebow looked like a 34 year old has been.

Meyer is still in college mode. The whole “competitive maniac” stuff is hilarious.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I recall similar hype around a QB with the last name of Luck. A good QB that was burned out before hitting 30 yrs old. Defenses like nothing better than to knock a QB off their pedestals. And you know the saying about the higher the pedestal......
    I’m also curious to see if Meyer can handle the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m also curious to see if Meyer can handle the NFL.
    I think it's really hard for college coaches in the NFL.

It seems to me that recruiting is the most important skill for college coaches. But it's essentially useless in the pros.

We'll see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

I have no doubt Tebow is in shape just as he was in great shape when he came into the league, but even in his younger days he wasnt even a standout athelete in the nfl. As far as his ball skills I am doubting that as well because fumbles were a huge problem for Tebow at the nfl level, now im supposed to believe that his ball skills are better at 33 after being out of the league for eight years?
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 05-14-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have no doubt Tebow is in shape just as he was in great shape when he came into the league, but even in his younger days he wasnt even a standout athelete in the nfl. As far as his ball skills I am doubting that as well because fumbles were a huge problem for Tebow at the nfl level, now im supposed to believe that his ball skills are better at 33 after being out of the league for eight years?
    well, if you played football all your life I expect you to have skills..

but is it “omg, he looks better than 23 year old TE’s” or is it “wow, I didn’t expect him to be in good shape at 34”

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

It seems to me that recruiting is the most important skill for college coaches. But it's essentially useless in the pros.

We'll see.
    yes, I think most coaches fail because they are used to absolute power and influence over kids.

but what happens when your star players aren’t buying in? what happens when your backup isn’t another 5 star recruit?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yes, I think most coaches fail because they are used to absolute power and influence over kids.

but what happens when your star players aren’t buying in? what happens when your backup isn’t another 5 star recruit?
    They were talking about this very thing on Dan Patrick this morning. The guest (can't remember his name) wasn't sure Meyer could make this transition. The lockerroom messaging to college players is completely different than the messaging to professionals. Few college coaches are able to transition that message to the pros.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

We'll see.
    I personally think Tomlins skillset translates to college big time. Like him as a pro, but he'd kill on college.

I think he would be.a beastly recruiter and sell kids and parents like nobody's business. His leadership style (fatherly drill seargent) is perfect for that young demographic over a short period.

I really think he'd be without peer as a college coach.