Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job

Legend

User Info Menu

Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job

Devin Bush complains about Tim Tebow getting a job, then complains that the media noticed

Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2021

People in the NFL are reacting to Tim Tebow likely returning to the NFL. And people whose job it is to react to the reactions of people in the NFL are reacting to the reaction. And the reaction isnít ideal.

Steelers linebacker Devin Bush posted a tweet complaining about Tim Tebow getting a job in the NFL before Colin Kaepernick. The full tweet from Bush is pasted below, so that folks can interpret the content and the emojis however they see fit.

Devin Bush ll
    @_Dbush11

😂😂Tebow got a job before kaepernick. Wait til we play Jacksonville💤💤💤💤

The folks at BleacherReport.com, as they tend to do since thatís what theyíre there to do, noticed Bushís tweet and publicized it. Bush responded with a tweet retweeting the tweet with this message: ďHere comes the bored media.Ē

Yep, itís the mediaís fault. People say things, the media repeats it, and itís the mediaís fault.

We force people to say things that are noteworthy and significant. Itís mind control, actually. We use subliminal messages through the blockchain, whatever the blockchain is.

Meanwhile, Iíve got some thoughts on the obvious comparisons between Tebow and Kaepernick, and the less obvious way to harmonize the situation. Iíll address that in a bit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...media-noticed/
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m seeing people try to compare the 2 and its just not the same..

Tebow is being signed as a 5th TE by his old college coach... and its a gimmick to help sell some tickets.

While I think Tebow getting a shot at 33 is freaking hilarious AND embarrassing for all involved it shouldn’t be compared to Kaep.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Meh.

Not much to see here.

I think athletes would probably be best to avoid the spotlight via Twitter, but I don't think this all that relevant.

I think the Tebow signing is stupid on a football level. Seem super unlikely that anyone out of the league for 9 years is going to come back and be a useful member of the team.

I do kind of wonder what the narrative would be if Kap was signed to an NFL contract to be a depth TE that will almost certainly get cut. Or even if he was signed to compete for a starting QB job but lost out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tim Tebow will help fill empty seats in Jacksonville while Kaepernick would likely have the opposite effect on any team he plays for.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I cant stand Tebow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bush needs to worry about Bush. Focus on rehab and not about a bad player on the worst team. Focus on the the Steelers

Tebow is essentially a publicity stunt for Jax. They have almost zero support in Florida and bringing in Tebow gets them into the news cycle in a part of Florida where he is beloved. Smart marketing move...dumb football move
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

tebow just tweeted back

who trades up for an under 6 foot inside linebacker?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    tebow just tweeted back

who trades up for an under 6 foot inside linebacker?

Bush has everything to lose and little to gain. Tebow's lucky to be in a NFL camp. By talking about him Bush out a spotlight on him. Well Mr. Bush, work on our own game and your rehab.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Bush has everything to lose and little to gain. Tebow's lucky to be in a NFL camp. By talking about him Bush out a spotlight on him. Well Mr. Bush, work on our own game and your rehab.
    We all know Tebow is here for a cup of coffee and then off he goes. Bush shouldn't give him a thought.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We all know Tebow is here for a cup of coffee and then off he goes.
    wrong again, if you knew anything about Tebow then you would know that he gives his all in everything he does.

yes, it's a marketing ploy to sell tickets so that means they may very well keep him on the 53 man roster.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.