Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers are projected to have the most salary cap space in 2022

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers are projected to have the most salary cap space in 2022

Here are the projected salary caps for the 2022 NFL season. #Packers all the way at the bottom; #Steelers all the way at the top.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wonder what the numbers looks like as cap per open roster spot.

Or how they change after TJ becomes the most expensive defender in the league?

I think we'll have more flexibility that usual, but I also think the amount of space is an illusion.

I think we also have about as much dead money next year as this year with the dummy contracts.

And while we won't have a market rate QB (only Ben's dead money, Mason's cheap deal, and Haskins on a cheap deal or a rookie).

Don't know how it will be structured for the cap, but I think many predict Watt will be at or just below $30m/year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I think we'll have more flexibility that usual, but I also think the amount of space is an illusion.

I think we also have about as much dead money next year as this year with the dummy contracts.

And while we won't have a market rate QB (only Ben's dead money, Mason's cheap deal, and Haskins on a cheap deal or a rookie).

Don't know how it will be structured for the cap, but I think many predict Watt will be at or just below $30m/year.
    I know the majority say you gotta sign Watt. But man I hope they can get something reasonable done. I highly doubt Watt gets better than he already is. The question is how long will his extreme level of play last. It will be interesting without Dupree on the other side.

The smart teams will be the ones that know how to deal with second contracts or let players walk. BAL is an example of letting defensive stars go and finding cheaper young guys as replacements.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

No matter what player increases there are (JT and Minkah), we will be seeing a situation we have never seen with the Steelers in the salary cap era. Could add a top ILB or OLB, and a quality Safety to team with Minkah.

Should be fun
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No matter what player increases there are (JT and Minkah), we will be seeing a situation we have never seen with the Steelers in the salary cap era. Could add a top ILB or OLB, and a quality Safety to team with Minkah.

Should be fun
    Yeah my imagination is running wild with the possibilities. It could be a fun ride.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I know the majority say you gotta sign Watt. But man I hope they can get something reasonable done. I highly doubt Watt gets better than he already is. The question is how long will his extreme level of play last. It will be interesting without Dupree on the other side.

The smart teams will be the ones that know how to deal with second contracts or let players walk. BAL is an example of letting defensive stars go and finding cheaper young guys as replacements.
    It all depends on the structure of the contract. Watt will be moving on to another team if he wants break the bank money from the Steelers. Same goes for Fitz.

Legend

User Info Menu

aren’t the Ravens getting ready to pay Lamar big money?

We just let Dupree go too.

I think its weird to point to the Ravens like they are making better moved than us. They are doing the same thing we are doing for the most part.. they are just run heavy while we are pass heavy. They are still using their draft to address weaknesses just like we are doing and letting some talent go in the process.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 05-09-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

We just let Dupree go too.

I think its weird to point to the Ravens like they are making better moved than us. They are doing the same thing we are doing for the most part.. they are just run heavy while we are pass heavy. They are still using their draft to address weaknesses just like we are doing and letting some talent go in the process.
    Franchise QB is the only position on a team that should be considered for league leading salaries. Even there it's been proven tough to win it all when the QB consumes a big chunk of the cap. The Ravens have drafted nearly as well as PIT over the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Franchise QB is the only position on a team that should be considered for league leading salaries. Even there it's been proven tough to win it all when the QB consumes a big chunk of the cap. The Ravens have drafted nearly as well as PIT over the last 5 or 6 seasons.
    Can’t wait to see the Ravens get limited in their financial moves once they break the bank on Lamar. Then we will see how good their front office really is. We’ve had a monster salary with Ben to deal with while they have had a rookie contract on their QB.

And only have gotten one playoff win in that rookie contract!!!
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why would the Ravens do that?

don't they know that Lamar has been a total bust and has set their franchise back years?

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.