Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Al is a Ratbird

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Probably worth a 5th round comp pick for us. Sucks to see a fine man sign with the rats.
    My understanding is that it's past the deadline and will not factor into the comp formula.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I guess we’re ripping the band-aid off and going with who we got. Not saying it’s a bad thing. Looking forward to see how this turns out.
    I think it was time for change on the OL because guys were / are getting older.

But the transition might be rough.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Probably worth a 5th round comp pick for us. Sucks to see a fine man sign with the rats.
    Don't think there will be any comp pick at this point, will there? I think we've passed that deadline.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to see Chuks at LT as an upgrade. Maybe Moore will be able to step in early.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Don't think there will be any comp pick at this point, will there? I think we've passed that deadline.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to see Chuks at LT as an upgrade. Maybe Moore will be able to step in early.
    You’ll see other vets get released before the season. We may be able to pick someone up who’s serviceable on the cheap if needed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Correct. 4/27 was the deadline.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    4/140) Patrick Johnson-Edge-Tulane
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Starter

User Info Menu

So the Rats by waiting to sign him locked us out of getting a comp pick for Big Al. Doesn't sound fair.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    If we were happy with him not being re-signed, I guess we should be happy if he will be starting in Baltimore.
    +1

I like the guy from what I know, but he doesnít run block well and heís gets regularly pushed backward in pass pro.

Now Lamar has to figure out how to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds or take off. Thatís probably fine by the Rats letting him run more. So the Rats might end up making chicken salad out of chicken poop.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not only does it screw us. It helps the ratbirds possibility of gaining a comp pick on their formula
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    4/140) Patrick Johnson-Edge-Tulane
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Big Al gets one more payday, good for him. It's not like he is a difference maker at this point any how.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Not only does it screw us. It helps the ratbirds possibility of gaining a comp pick on their formula
    All because no other team really wanted him. They had the luxury of waiting it out. Good for AV to drain some money on their cap.