Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFLPA At It Again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wait.. you think confidence in Duck is why we traded Dobbs? LMAO

We traded Dobbs because we got a pick for him not because Duck gave them confidence.

This isn’t a union telling players to stay away simply to protect vets jobs. Its a freaking virus.

They are telling players to stay away because there is a possibility of getting covid and missing more time.
    There is no way we trade Dobbs if Duck didn't look good in camp because we always take 3 QBs into the season.

Lots of reports were saying he was arguably the 2nd best arm at camp. More because Mason and Dobbs didn't look all that grate IMO.

We still picked Dobbs over him. But then traded Dobbs to get draft capital. I don't think that trade happens without some faith in Duck.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-04-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    There is no way we trade Dobbs if Duck didn't look good in camp because we always take 3 QBs into the season.

Lots of reports were saying he was arguably the 2nd best arm at camp. More because Mason and Dobbs didn't look all that grate IMO.

We still picked Dobbs over him. But then traded Dobbs to get draft capital. I don't think that trade happens without some faith in Duck.
    I think that trade happens regardless of who was behind Dobbs. The draft pick was more valuable than either QB at that point in their careers.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I just want to ask where are people getting their info from?

If there is new new info let me know but it feels like some of you are trying to make it Black and White when there is a lot of gray area.
    THIS INCLUDES ROOKIE MINICAMPS, WHICH DEMAURICE SMITH EMPHASIZED ARE VOLUNTARY. THE UNIONíS RECOMMENDATION IS PLAYERS DONíT SHOW UP TO THOSE EITHER. SO, SOME MORE DRAMA OVER THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS. NOTHING IS MANDATORY UNTIL NEXT MONTHíS FULL-SQUAD MINICAMPS.

ó TOM PELISSERO (@TOMPELISSERO) MAY 3, 2021

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that trade happens regardless of who was behind Dobbs. The draft pick was more valuable than either QB at that point in their careers.
    Trading a QB on a minimal contract for a 5th round pick likely means neither side values the player that much.

If there was minimal belief in Dobbs, I donít see the team trading him at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

there is no demand or hard line.

Legend

User Info Menu

dizz, the union cannot force anyone to do anything. This isn't slavery. But they are sending a clear message to stay away. Why aren't they "recommending" vaccination?

Misinformation on the NFPLA website.. cases in the US are NOT rising:

This same logic must be applied to the 2021 season -- and beyond -- with the data and science informing how we protect the players long-term. The pandemic is not over, and despite increasing vaccination rates, the number of infections are on the rise. Even the most aggressive estimates put herd immunity in the U.S. at some time in early August.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWHarW][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWHarW]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    dizz, the union cannot force anyone to do anything. This isn't slavery. But they are sending a clear message to stay away. Why aren't they "recommending" vaccination?

Misinformation on the NFPLA website.. cases in the US are NOT rising:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWHarW][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWHarW]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    I think it depends on when they released that info. In early April in the chart it does show an increase. A quick glance shows a map with the latest update on April 5th. Which if true, shows a tick upwards after a dip.

Its not “misinformation” if this statement was released during that time frame.

Also, the vaccination should be a personal decision IMO and I don’t think anyone should be pressured into getting it if they don’t want to.. but from what I read they aren’t discouraging anyone from getting it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just read an article about Jawuan James. There are risks (covid or injury) associated with voluntary workouts with the team or away from the team.

Teams need to get rid of voluntary work outs. Either make work outs mandatory or not at all.

At the end of the day players can decide for themselves.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I just read an article about Jawuan James. There are risks (covid or injury) associated with voluntary workouts with the team or away from the team.

Teams need to get rid of voluntary work outs. Either make work outs mandatory or not at all.

sucks for him. hopefully they don’t take away his money.

injuries are part of the game and every offseason players are lost due to injury during workouts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post

What about the Finney saga last season? Completely blew his season by not working out.