Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Pre-Draft" thoughts by Moats about our new tight end

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude has a nasty streak in him after the catch. Hope he can stay healthy.

Really wish people would let Heathís football soul rest.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Another reason why Ebron won't be in Pittsburgh past this season.... why diss a fellow teammate in public like this??

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWpSos][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWpSos]ebrU[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    He's not wrong.

But that's a d!ck move.

I think one of the things that ex-Steelers players seem to pride themselves on in interviews is taking young guys under their wings even though they know they could be helping to train their replacements. I don't think Ebron sounds like that kind of guy here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I love the way Friermuth catches the ball. He looks very natural and sure handed. Not uber-athletic, but he can have his way with smaller safeties by effectively high-pointing, which he seems to do well, and LBs should stuggle to cover him as Moats was talking about

I would love to see him running that wide open in the NFL.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.24 Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2.55 Pat Freirmuth, TE, Penn State
    3.87 Kendrick Green, G/C, Illinois
    4.128 Dan Moore Jr, OT, Texas A&M
    4.140 Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M
    5.156 Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin
    6.216 Quincy Roche, LB, Miami
    7.245 Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma
    7.254 Pressley Harvin III, P, GA Tech

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like the Friermuth pick. It was the Green pick and to be honest where we got Green that bothered me. Nothing is certain but imho he's still there a dozen picks later and now you have an extra pick for a Loudermilk selection a round or 2 later.
    Who and where not just who is how the more successful teams will be filling their rosters. We need to work that important aspect better. I said the same thing a year ago as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He's not wrong.

But that's a d!ck move.

I think one of the things that ex-Steelers players seem to pride themselves on in interviews is taking young guys under their wings even though they know they could be helping to train their replacements. I don't think Ebron sounds like that kind of guy here.
    I would guess people might have been razzing him, thus the response.

It just looks like a reply...not a statement out of the blue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He's not wrong.

But that's a d!ck move.

He should of said nothing if he was going to throw another teammate under the bus.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I'm sure that you're right.

But this is exactly why I think athletes shouldn't be on Twitter.

Or they should limit their twitter to business outside of playing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Another reason why Ebron won't be in Pittsburgh past this season.... why diss a fellow teammate in public like this??

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWpSos][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kWpSos]ebrU[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    isn't that a takeoff on Martavis Bryant saying JuJu was Sammie Coates' replacement and not his?
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

agreed. Plus, for all we know it could have been an inside joke with Gentry.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    agreed. Plus, for all we know it could have been an inside joke with Gentry.
    I'm sure it is, it's the same exact wording as Martavis Bryant tweet about JuJu being Sammie Coates' reolacement and not his:

lol that's Sammie coates replacement not minds take it how you want to I am back.

— Martavis Bryant (@ThaBestUNO) April 29, 2017
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama