Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: The "more talent at RB" opinion

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I agree.... that was some hole.
    we wouldn't have Najee Harris as our feature RB if you were in charge.

    a premier RB like Harris can make an O-line look better, he's a huge upgrade over Conner.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 05-02-2021 at 11:44 PM.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

    1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama


  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Conner was most effective when he had a FB leading the way. But Fichtner with his genius mind never bothered to use one.
    I think most runningbacks prefer running behind a fullback but it just isnt what offenses want to do in the NFL. Conner wasnt the centerpiece of the offense so we werent going to change our offensive sets to make him more comfortable. He was either going to produce in our offense or we will find an RB that can run without a fullback and stay healthy.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 05-03-2021 at 12:05 PM.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    exactly. WTF was he looking at? at then when he did see it, he slips and falls down right away SMH.

    the OL wasn't great by any stretch last year but holes are there form time to time
    Hoge put a lot of blame on the RBís last year.. said they werenít making the most of their opportunities.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well , based on what the front office did ( or didn’t do in the draft) they felt fine about the O-line other than the center spot. So we’ll see.
    Passing on Creed suggests that they are even OK with C, doesn't it?

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Passing on Creed suggests that they are even OK with C, doesn't it?
    or maybe they don’t like Creed. Just because fans like a player doesn’t mean our FO is interested in them.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I think most runningbacks prefer running behind a fullback but it just isnt what offenses want to do in the NFL. Conner wasnt the centerpiece of the offense so we werent going to change our offensive sets to make him more comfortable. He was either going to produce in our offense or we will find an RB that can run without a fullback and stay healthy.
    Which makes paying $Ms for D Watt all the more baffling.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or maybe they don’t like Creed. Just because fans like a player doesn’t mean our FO is interested in them.
    That's possible. I think it's just that they thought Freiermuth was BPA and that there was enough depth in the C class.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or maybe they don’t like Creed. Just because fans like a player doesn’t mean our FO is interested in them.
    Or simply don't like his fit in their new offense.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Or simply don't like his fit in their new offense.
    This is certainly possible. Reports suggest that neither Tomlin or Colbert were at Oklahoma's proday.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or maybe they donít like Creed. Just because fans like a player doesnít mean our FO is interested in them.
    I thought fans knew best/more???

    Isn't that what we do here? Prove how smart we are and how much smarter than the professionals we are??
    Last edited by Oviedo; 05-06-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •