Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Day after draft 5 thoughts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This makes ZERO sense.

You know I wanted center round one. People said the center class was so deep we could get one later and I bought in.

If center was so deep they are convinced Green is gonna be a dominant center, than they got away with going with the best back in the draft, instead of going center in the first AND a top tight end BEFORE drafting a dominant center.

If you don't like Green THAT makes going RB first questionable.

Only if waiting for center proves a mistake was our draft order wrong.

This evaluation predicts Green as dominant. If you think Green is a dominant center, they played it just right.
    But I saw other sites give it a C so I had to as well.

I would understand if the review was "Drafted a back in the first instead of making sure their back would not get swarmed in the backfield."

or

"Went with a project at their greatest position of need instead of any number of sure fire long-term starters."

Saying you picked a "dominant" center, which would sound like a late first or second round value, as well as the top back (even if you agree that the draft value at RB has been devalued, nobody can believe that having a great one has no value to an offense). I have also seen a lot of comments on Moore being a great value pick and potentially a day one starter at LT.

I don't know how good these guys are, but if you believe that Moore and Green are quality day one starters then this has to be as good a draft as the team could have hoped for.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd love to see how the critics graded prior drafts, but am too lazy to go back and check them out...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Najee Harris, YASS!!
    2021 Day2 Mock
    2. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    3. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky