Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draft Instant Grades

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    It takes at least 3 years to grade a draft.
    I noticed there are a few posters who dont wait 3 seconds before they start to complain

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My grades for this draft:
    1) Najee Harris -- B .... would have given it an "A" but I think there's a good chance we could have traded back into the early 2nd, and got Javonte Williams and a valuable mid-round pick
    2) Pat Freiermuth -- C- .... not a bad TE choice, but we had much more pressing needs to address with our #2 pick
    3) Kendrick Green -- A- ... really good spot to nab this dude, and he fills a big need ... only way it could have been better is if he were a little more pro-ready
    4a) Dan Moore, Jr -- A+ ... love, love, love this pick ... might be OT starter as early as the start of this season
    4b) Buddy Johnson -- C- ... don't get this pick for today's game, unless they are figuring him only playing STs ... could get ST player later on
    5) Isaiah Loudermilk -- D- ... traded a 4th from next year for this DL, and he probably would have been available in the 7th, if not as a UDFA ... completely baffling
    6) Quincy Roche -- B+ ... dude is a player, and while he's on the smaller side for the position, he's well worth taking a chance on in this spot
    7a) Tre Norwood -- B+ ... good value at this point of the draft
    7b) Pressley Harvin III -- F ... don't think you need to spend a pick on a punter, but especially one as inconsistent as this fat boy

Overall grade for 2021 draft -- C+

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, it seems as tho the team is stacked again so no excuse for Tomlin not to win it all.....perfect .
    Another A+ draft for us and every other team reached.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well, it seems as tho the team is stacked again so no excuse for Tomlin not to win it all.....perfect .
    Another A+ draft for us and every other team reached.
    did you not see Buzz give this draft a C+?

your agenda blinds you apparently.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Solid B draft.

Got the best RB. Got the second best TE. Both needs.

Added lot of potential and flexibility to the OL

Depth to defense
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Starter

User Info Menu

F.................

Legend

User Info Menu

Its a wait and see type of thing. But Iím not going to pretend that the FO gets it right all the time either thou. Because 2016 draft did happen. Just gotta wait and see. In three years, weíll be able to actually say one way or the other.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    did you not see Buzz give this draft a C+?

your agenda blinds you apparently.
    What does buzz’s draft grade have to do with my post?
    Oh, that’s right, more lies.
    Did you inform buzz of our savior(as you called it) at olb ?
    Maybe he will change his draft grade knowing that selection isn’t going to be dline like the coach said, but olb like you said.
    lol
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What does buzz’s draft grade have to do with my post?
    Oh, that’s right, more lies.
    Did you inform buzz of our savior(as you called it) at olb ?
    Maybe he will change his draft grade knowing that selection isn’t going to be dline like the coach said, but olb like you said.
    lol
    here's what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    3-4 OLB project.

or they put weight on him and he stays as a 3-4 DE.
    stop your lying Squidkid.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I read a bunch of instant draft grades (knowing full well itís just a guess). My take is about half thought Harris was an A : great back, character guy and perfect fit for the Steelers. The other half gave it a C because they either donít think a RB should be taken in TD 1 - any back or our o-line was a much bigger need and no back would do well behind the current guys.

Donít recall anyone thinking Harris was a bad player with some even saying heís great but still gave it a C b/c of the line situation.