Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Instant Grades

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft Instant Grades

It's ironic the Steelers more often than not get meh instant draft grades by the pundits and yet Colbert has never ranked out of the top 5 GMs in the NFL once the dust settles.... Somewhere there is a disconnect.

Apparently the Browns and Bengals were the big winners in the AFCN this year:

Rd PIT BAL CIN CLE
    1 C C B+ B
    1b B-
    2 C+ B- A+
    3a A- B- A B
    3b B+
    4a A- B+ B- A-
    4b C- A- B
    4c A-
    5a C- C C B-
    5b B+ B-
    5c C+
    6a A- C+ B+
    6b B-
    7a B- B+
    7b C-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    curious, where did you find that?

the bengals and browns have been instant draft day winners for the last decade. i'll wait a few years from now to see how those players panned out

Legend

User Info Menu

So they are grading the NH selection as a C?? I disagree with that.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

the bengals and browns have been instant draft day winners for the last decade. i'll wait a few years from now to see how those players panned out
    Exactly. The Bengals passing on the big tackle ( in the first round) to take a WR? And your QB coming off of getting clobbered because of the poor O-line?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So they are grading the NH selection as a C?? I disagree with that.
    why?

you didn't even think he was going to be drafted in the first round.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We got skunked. We got biffed.

We got punted in the biff.

How is this a success other than a running back who is better than Benjamin Smell?

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    We got skunked. We got biffed.

We got punted in the biff.

How is this a success other than a running back who is better than Benjamin Smell?
    color me crazy, but I think we should wait until at least camp before we pass judgement on our draft.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

Follow the link

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    color me crazy, but I think we should wait until at least camp before we pass judgement on our draft.
    You’re crazy, Packaloco. The verdict is in on the putrid draft. Our hubris hung us by our own petard.

We ended up with a punter with a girl’s name.