Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: This draft is the same as always!

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    yeah sounds good

    i'll send her on one of those cargo ships you're planning to hijack.


    what's higher?

    your IQ or the number of teeth you have missing.

    she gonna be really impressed
    I bet she leaves you... I'm packing in these shorts. She will overlook the amount of teeth, how many cargos I hijack and the number of IQ Because inches count, little man!!!! Hahaha
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Key word creating a post. How can I disagree with someone, when I created a post. That makes you look stupid

    you created a thread making fun of some posters disagreeing with management

    you really are that stupid. see my above comment regarding IQ/teeth missing
    my guess is 10-15

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I bet she leaves you... I'm packing in these shorts. She will overlook the amount of teeth, how many cargos I hijack and the number of teeth. Because inches count, little man!!!! Hahaha
    ahh hahahaha.
    yes internet bragging lololol

    I probably speak for everyone on this board when i say

    WE BELIEVE YOU
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 05-01-2021 at 06:35 PM.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you created a thread making fun of some posters disagreeing with management

    you really are that stupid. see my above comment regarding IQ/teeth missing
    my guess is 10-15
    You are very slow. Wasn't that before the Haskins pickup a player who Tomlin and Colbert thought high up in that draft. I don't follow other people post to discredit them like you little man. That was my belief... And I promise you, what I'm packing is not a fantasy little man.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    You are very slow. Wasn't that before the Haskins pickup a player who Tomlin and Colbert thought high up in that draft. I don't follow other people post to discredit them like you little man. That was my belief... And I promise you, what I'm packing is not a fantasy little man.
    cool,
    its also the belief of some of the posters today that some picks the team made were questionable.
    so you made a thread to make fun of them.
    look up the term hypocrisy and you might get an idea of why i commented in this thread.

    PS are you going to mention how huge your D*** in every post you make from now on?
    like i said
    WE ALL BELIEVE YOU

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It's my favorite part of the draft. Finding out from forum members how little the professionals know.

    BTW you forgot to mention that the team personnel actually meet with the men. In normal years they go out for dinner, sit down, have conversations. They get to know the men and their character. This goes a long way in determining the team's evaluation.
    I generally believe the team deserves the benefit of the doubt. I also think I'm usually supportive of the decisions the team makes (might be news to people that just joined late last season).

    But these arguments sound a bit too much like a pitch from an active mutual fund manager to me.

    The wisdom of the crowds is real and the market prices things better than individual expert stock pickers.

    So, I'd take the team over any individual poster here. But I'd probably take the aggregate opinion of all posters here and across other forums over the team.

    Not sure if the crowd on the board alone is big enough to be better than the team or not.

    Hoping the team is better than my assessment of the draft though...especially round 2.. Which is more about position than player

    But my experience with the draft this year also kinds of proves to me that it's probably a more enjoyable process if I don't look into players until after we pick. Then I save myself the disappointment of us going a different way than I wanted, and I wouldn't end up disliking a guy just because I wish we picked another player / position.

    As always, us winning will make me feel better.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-01-2021 at 11:48 PM.

  7. #27
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It's my favorite part of the draft. Finding out from forum members how little the professionals know.

    BTW you forgot to mention that the team personnel actually meet with the men. In normal years they go out for dinner, sit down, have conversations. They get to know the men and their character. This goes a long way in determining the team's evaluation.
    I judge GM on their track record. Colbert is very good overall, but some of these picks are head scratchers.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The Steelers pay professionals who are excellent at their job and that scout players for years. And the fans watch highlights, look at Mel or their favorite blogs and want the team to pick players based on guys, including Kiper that haven't invested nothing but hours of evaluation. I bet none have actually evaluated not one player in this draft. 😅😅😅😅😂. This is humorous every year!!
    You forgot that they will bitch and moan and complain about what the team does no matter what
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I judge GM on their track record. Colbert is very good overall, but some of these picks are head scratchers.
    Probably not for Colbert. You are basing assessments on what you perceive as need now. Colbert is thinking 2-3 years ahead of us on what he wants this team to be in 2021, 2022 and 2023. He also realizes one draft won't fix all problems and you can't assume a rookie is going to fix anything no matter his reputation coming out of the draft.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Cracks me up how fans that never heard of a guy claim how great he is a how he was pba after the steelers draft them.
    Also funny how they rate other teams picks as busts or reaches even tho they never heard of them.
    No less funny how so-called fans who have never heard of a guy claim he wasn't the BPA (not a member of the Professional bowlers Association (pba)) and the team hadn't done hours of research on a player to make their decision versus a so-called fan who did none condemn a pick
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •