Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Moore Jr

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Excellent pick. Immediately reminded me of one of the best steeler LT of all time, the highly underrated John Jackson. Same size, skill, and number.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    How soon we forget.

Your take on Dotson was pretty much exactly the same.

Your take on 4th round linemen? Not strong.

I suggest you just cut and paste the stuff you were wrong saying about Dotson and save time.
    Whisper crushes everybody. I don't think anyone in the universe is worth a damn except the mighty Whisper. Whoever the Tomlin led Steelers draft will be judged to SUCK!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Some people are never satisfied and our FO can do no right.

I’m happy with the pick.
    100%

We got a board full of, “dammit, that’s a free camaro, i wanted a mustang” folks up in here

this draft is hitting all the needs. I’m pleased. Would have loved to have seen a DB earlier, but i suspect they’ll be looking at post-draft cuts and find a vet who has been displaced

if a guy is weak at whatever skill, ya may have a coach that says, “i can work with THAT. I have a drill specifically for THAT. I think i can make HIM a starter”. Let’s see what position coaches do with these guys before we call them busts, shall we?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Najee Harris, YASS!!
    2021 Day2 Mock
    2. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    3. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Very solid football player. Good pick. #63 overall player on Gil Brandt top 100
    Sounds like a good pick!

First one I've really liked (even though I thin Harris will probably be a good player too)

Legend

User Info Menu

How soon we forget.

I suggest you just cut and paste the stuff you were wrong saying about Dotson and save time.
    oof, the internet and search functions take no prisoners...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Some people are never satisfied and our FO can do no right.

Iím happy with the pick.
    I think it was a good pick. Especially where we got him. Heíll have an opportunity to come in and compete too.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I think it was a good pick. Especially where we got him. He’ll have an opportunity to come in and compete too.
    has Adrian Ealy been drafted yet?
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How soon we forget.

In case you missed it, Dotson hasn't disproven any of those critiques as of yet. You did realize that, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    100%

We got a board full of, “dammit, that’s a free camaro, i wanted a mustang” folks up in here

this draft is hitting all the needs. I’m pleased. Would have loved to have seen a DB earlier, but i suspect they’ll be looking at post-draft cuts and find a vet who has been displaced

if a guy is weak at whatever skill, ya may have a coach that says, “i can work with THAT. I have a drill specifically for THAT. I think i can make HIM a starter”. Let’s see what position coaches do with these guys before we call them busts, shall we?
    Ive expected more WTF picks this draft due to the COVID limitations on the combine and interaction with players.

The pundits will rate the drafts the best that align best with the pundit player rankings, but I think in 3-5 years this will be a draft we look back on where some good drafting teams will really set themselves apart this year.

The Steelers could do great or awful. Time will tell. But in the meantime, what’s interesting is how much some believe in the pundit rankings. The reality is those rankings are just typical news coverage that are no different than political polls. Sometimes they’re good. Sometimes they’re off.

Odds are most players won’t be stars in the NFL so it’s safe to chose a negative slant.

Legend

User Info Menu

128. Steelers, Dan Moore, OL, Texas A&M

Grade: A-
    More patience for the Steelers pays off. This is a starting OT found in Round 4. Very long with effortless power. Good luck bull rushing him. Just needs to get a tick quicker.

CBS sportline instant analysis