What could have been

1/24-Najee Harris
    2/55-Creed Humphrey
    3/87-Spencer Brown
    4/128-Janarius Robinson
    4/140-Daviyon Nixon
    5/156-Shaun Wade

sigh
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 05-01-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    1/24-Najee Harris
    2/55-Creed Humphrey
    3/87-Spencer Brown

sigh
    agree 100%.

time will tell, but that's exactly how I would have preferred the draft to unfold also.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m happy with the first and third round. They totally lost me with the TE. It was a luxury pick that we could not afford to take. IMO

Backup

User Info Menu

Jenkins-Creed-Sermon

Legend

User Info Menu

ebron has 1 year left and we have a whole bunch of nothing behind him. maybe worse then what we had left at RB

i'm not getting the whole "we didn't have a need at TE"

PS. i would have taken that haul as well

Legend

User Info Menu

It’s obvious management didn’t feel the O-line was as urgent as the rest of us. And that’s okay.

A new OC with possibly a new zone blocking scheme maybe makes management feel good about what they have.

Besides, there’s a few interesting OT in round 4 if need be. We should be sniffing around linebackers as well in round 4.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m happy with the first and third round. They totally lost me with the TE. It was a luxury pick that we could not afford to take. IMO
    this is most likely Ebron's last year as a Steeler.

Freiermuth will be our #1 TE after that.

having said that, I still would have drafted Humphrey or Myers. guess the Steelers really liked Green and knew he would be avialable in the 3rd.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    ebron has 1 year left and we have a whole bunch of nothing behind him. maybe worse then what we had left at RB

i'm not getting the whole "we didn't have a need at TE"

PS. i would have taken that haul as well
    I’m not saying TE wasn’t a need but not when two top Centers were still on the board in the 2nd round (Myers and Humphrey).

Harris and Myers/Humphrey would have been an outstanding draft by itself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m not saying TE wasn’t a need but not when two top Centers were still on the board in the 2nd round (Myers and Humphrey).

Harris and Myers/Humphrey would have been an outstanding draft by itself.
    i would not have minded if they picked creed.

maybe they thought the difference in finney, green, Friermuth was greater then creed, gentry whoever in the 3rd

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It’s obvious management didn’t feel the O-line was as urgent as the rest of us. And that’s okay.

A new OC with possibly a new zone blocking scheme maybe makes management feel good about what they have.

Besides, there’s a few interesting OT in round 4 if need be. We should be sniffing around linebackers as well in round 4.
    I think the new guy in charge of the OL with a new blocking scheme and a new (canada) offense gets a year to see if he can work with whats already there with not much help in this year's draft.

if it fails, it will be time (perhaps long over due) to draft some OL to fix the issues.
    like i've said in the past, this is the problem when you overdraft on one side of the ball or overdraft at 1 position group year after year like we've done at linebacker