Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Green

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers liked him better than Quinn Meinerz.
    Obviously. Power 5.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    power 5 conference
    yup, probably why Meinerz hasn't been drafted yet.

it's a big jump to the NFL from Wisconsin-Whitewater.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

https://youtu.be/Em8juC9iJM4

for those who haven’t watched this video
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He is a nasty player. People mover. Will compete for C and backup guard. Wish Colbert would work the draft a bit more and trade down a little.
    2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    4/140) Patrick Johnson-Edge-Tulane
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    thx.
    was posting from my phone.
    harder to link the vid

Legend

User Info Menu

thx.
    was posting from my phone.
    harder to link the vid
    yw, good call on the Steelers drafting Green.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He's going to be center. I like this pick
    2021 Steelers draft class
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Najee Harris, RB; Alabama
    2. Pat Freirmuth, TE; Penn State
    3. Kendrick Green, C; Illinois
    4a. Dan Moore Jr, OT; Texas A&M
    4b. Buddy Johnson, ILB; Texas A&M
    5. Isaiahh Loudermilk, DE; Wisconsin
    6. Quincy Roche, OLB; Miami
    7a. Tre Norwood, DB; Oklahoma
    7b. Pressley Harvin III, P; Georgia Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

3 things the pick of G/C Kendrick Green could mean for the Steelers

Curt Popejoy
    May 1, 2021

For the second year in a row, the Steelers have found a sneaky good steal at interior offensive line in the middle rounds of the NFL draft. Last season it was Kevin Dotson and this year it is Illinois star Kendrick Green. Here are three things the pick of Green could mean for the Steelers.

The Steelers might have their center of the future

Green started three games at center but the Steelers have confidence in him to make the switch permanently. But it might not need to happen this season if Pittsburgh thinks they can manage with Finney or Hassenauer at center for one season.

The Steelers may have their guard of the present

Dotson is the teamís left guard of the future but Green is NFL-ready at guard right now. If DeCastro gets hurt, Green could be ready to step into the starting lineup as a rookie and play well.

Confidence is with the tackles

When the Steelers went on the clock in the third round, they showed with the choice of Green they have more confidence in Chuks Okorafor and Zach Banner than they do in J.C. Hassenauer and B.J. Finney. Pittsburgh could still draft an offensive tackle but as the pool of talent was dwindling down, they put center ahead of tackle.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/li...endrick-green/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny thing is so many fans wanted Q. Meinerz and the Bronco’s took him with a comp pick. Looks like Munchak will work his magic with him. Very interesting to see how there careers go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    He's going to be center. I like this pick
    Steelers Looking for Kendrick Green to Play Center

Despite limited experience, the Pittsburgh Steelers believe they have found their next center in Kendrick Green.

NOAH STRACKBEIN

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers selected their new center (hopefully) with the 89th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Illinois star Kendrick Green has limited experience in the middle of the offensive line, but it won't limit expectations for him in the role.

Green started 33 games with the Fighting Illini, but only four of those starts came at center. Even with his little experience, though, the Steelers want, and believe, the third-round pick can come in and replace Maurkice Pouncey.

"We love the way that he plays in terms of what we've been talking about, in terms of changing our demeanor and the attitude that we want to carry onto the field," offensive line coach Adrian Klemm said on Green. "He embodies all of that."

Green believes he'll transition smoothly into a full-time role in the middle. Klemm believes Green's upside comes from playing across the offensive line, but there will be some belief he can start over B.J. Finney and J.C. Hassenauer in 2021.

"I feel like I am a really athletic offensive lineman, the most athletic offensive lineman in this year's class," Green described his game. "I play with a mean streak. I am looking to play physical and finish guys. Hopefully I fit right. I am looking to come in, be a sponge, and be a workhorse.

"I play physical, I play fast, and I try to finish guys. I feel like there is a place for that anywhere."

The Steelers will hope that's true as he brings that mean streak to a black and gold uniform. Klemm highlighted Green's attitude during his press conference, calling the center an "alpha," and was intrigued by the demeanor Green brings to the field.

"I think people like to think you can teach it, but it's inherent in you," Klemm said. "Some people just naturally have that. As a coach you can be demanding of it, in critical moments of the game when man measures man, whoever you truly are is going to come out. You have that dog in you, that wolf in you. I love it when I find a guy that I don't have to bring that out in. He plays with that nasty disposition.

"It sets the tone, especially at that position. It's in the belly of the beast. If we play collectively like that, it's contagious."

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...en-play-center