Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Pat Freiermuth TE

Starter

User Info Menu

On Freiermuth I think he deserves a wait and see. Judged the 2nd best TE the draft, behind a rare TE prospect he didn't get a chance to shine last year due to injures. The kid has a semi late birthday and is only 22 years old today, meaning you see him on film 1-2 years ago when when he was 20-21 years old. He looks a little bit like a late bloomer physical speaking and is growing into his NFL body. I think he'll be a little bigger/faster/stronger. Maybe 5-10% better.

At 20-21, most players are between the boy and man stage. By 24, you're a man, and there is a clear difference, especially at the power positions with the late birthdays.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-03-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers have who they want on paper that, is why pick is in so fast and who they want…BPA for position of need. They picked TE over C because, the center they wanted would be there in the 3rd but, not the TE…
    we have needed a TE since we lost Miller…

Legend

User Info Menu

PFF: Pat Freiermuth didn't drop a single pass in the redzone across three seasons at Penn State (30 targets)
    This is the kind of stuff that shows up on the second page of the stat sheet....the definition of reliable... the anti-Ebron.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Steelers have who they want on paper that, is why pick is in so fast and who they want…BPA for position of need. They picked TE over C because, the center they wanted would be there in the 3rd but, not the TE…
    As Fonzie used to say- Exactamundo!
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that shows up on the second page of the stat sheet....the definition of reliable... the anti-Ebron.
    Do they have his total drop rate?

Thought I read that he does sometime have catching issues... But your data here is encouraging.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 05-03-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post

This. Got the second best player in the draft at a position of need and some still find reasons to complain. PF will be a ten year contributor for this team
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This. Got the second best player in the draft at a position of need and some still find reasons to complain. PF will be a ten year contributor for this team
    most mocks I saw never thought he would fall to our second pick

great player and value here

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Pat Freiermuth didn't drop a single pass in the red zone across three seasons at Penn State

— PFF Draft (@PFF_College)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/stat...90046680604673
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Pat Freiermuth didn't drop a single pass in the red zone across three seasons at Penn State

— PFF Draft (@PFF_College)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/stat...90046680604673
    I like this pick a lot. He has nice hands, wheels for a big guy, and he trucks people after the catch. I think we found ourselves a star at TE

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

As a Penn State alum who watched every game Freiermuth played I think we got a great talent. Excited to see him add to the offense