Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers to Denver

Legend

User Info Menu

Terry Bradshaw on Aaron Rodgers: “Him being upset shows me how weak he is”

Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2021

The new TB12’s experiences in Tampa surely have influenced the desire of Aaron Rodgers to find a new football team. The original TB12 has some thoughts on the matter.

“With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. . . .

“And then if they fire the General Manager he’ll come back? Are you kidding me? Really? Aaron, that’s where this is?”

So what would Bradshaw do?

“Here’s what I’d do,” Bradshaw said. “I wouldn’t budge. Let him gripe. Let him cry. Retire. You’re 38. Go ahead and retire. See you later. I mean, I’m really strong about stuff like that, and it makes him look weak. In my way of looking at it, it makes him look weak.”

Marc Malusis then asked Bradshaw whether he thought that it was an empty threat from Rodgers.

“I hadn’t thought of it like that,” Bradshaw said, “but call him on it.”

Bradshaw then said he didn’t believe it’s an empty threat, but he went back and forth on the possibility before reiterating his bottom-line belief: Call him on it.

That seems to be what the Packers will do. By retiring, Rodgers would be forced to repay $23 million in unearned signing bonus money, and he’d also lose the $6.8 million roster bonus he earned earlier in the offseason. Likewise, he’d give up the $14.7 million base salary he’s due to earn this year. That’s $44.5 million — and Jeopardy! doesn’t pay close to that amount.

Rodgers also would give up one of the remaining seasons of football that he can play before Father Time inevitably whacks Rodgers over the head with that big-ass hourglass. So that’s really the question Rodgers needs to ask himself. Is he so determined to get out of Green Bay that he’d not only give up $44.5 million, but that he also would never play football again?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ow-weak-he-is/
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is it just me that thinks Rogers is not just jacked about Love being drafted it is the lack of being all in to win the super bowl?
    It is that the 1st rd pick did nothing for 20 and 21 for sure! They have been in the thick of it at least 2 years now and through the draft and FA have not been as aggressive as Rogers wants to get the team over the hump. That’s why he is jacked not the other QB.
    I can’t even fathom what would be said here if this was a packers forum.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Is it just me that thinks Rogers is not just jacked about Love being drafted it is the lack of being all in to win the super bowl?
    It is that the 1st rd pick did nothing for 20 and 21 for sure! They have been in the thick of it at least 2 years now and through the draft and FA have not been as aggressive as Rogers wants to get the team over the hump. That’s why he is jacked not the other QB.
    Packers have never drafted a WR in the first round for Rodgers

and if this was a Packers forum, a lot of people would want to fire the coach like they did McCarthy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    In some ways AR has legit beef about the way they draft WR talent..

but then again, if you are 1-4 in conference championship games I don’t think the lack of a WR in the first is what is keeping you winning it all.

IMO its just hard to win a SB. Rodgers didn’t help Favre out when he was drafted i the first either.

I get being upset but when you are approaching 40 it isn’t the time to make demands. Now, the one thing I disagree on is GB refusing to trade him. Find someone to take on that contract and move on.

No one should be forced to retire of they no longer want to play for a team.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Black&Gold View Post

and if this was a Packers forum, a lot of people would want to fire the coach like they did McCarthy
    Is the coach also the GM?

Why fire the coach? He just got there.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

i was just being sarcastic and making fun of some of the guys here who want to fire Tomlin no matter what even for things that arent his fault

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is the right play if you have an elite QB.

Elite QBs are supposed to be able to elevate the play of skill position guys (especially WRs).

So I think it's better to spend your draft capital (and UFA $$$) on other positions (defense and OL IMO).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Don't you know that's ALWAYS the answer. Sure they just fired the last one but you have to keep firing them like the Browns.

Rapid fire...like a machine gun.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i was just being sarcastic and making fun of some of the guys here who want to fire Tomlin no matter what even for things that arent his fault
    wooosh, that went over my head!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rodgers was at the time considered a top 5 pick who fell to the Packers. Farve had spoken repeatedly about retiring and was older than Rodgers is now. Jordon Love was an absolute reach for a team that had been 13-3 and they moved up 4 spots to grab him. They needed weapons for their first ballot HOF QB. Instead they drafted a guy that wasn’t even good enough to take the backup role over Tim Boyle. Never dressed for a game. Stupid pick.

And then Rodgers had to watch Tampa Bay & the Saints do cartwheels with the cap to get their QBs talent. Rodgers deserves to be pissed.

They also cut a WR - Kumeron, who Rodgers had publicly stated he loved having on the team.

The Packers would be better served firing their GM. He’s a buffoon.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-04-2021 at 10:51 PM.