Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82

Thread: Rodgers to Denver

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    agreed, WR, defensive player, heck anyone that would be on the field.
    they went to 2 straight NFCC. that player could have made a difference

    I would be pissed if i was a packer fan
    Rodgers needs to stop passing the Buck; it was Rodgers who choose to force that incomplete pass in the red zone when he could have ran it in for a TD. He can’t blame that on the GM. That’s all 100 percent him.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  2. #72
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    agreed, WR, defensive player, heck anyone that would be on the field.
    they went to 2 straight NFCC. that player could have made a difference

    I would be pissed if i was a packer fan
    me too, they're squandering the small window they have with Rodgers as their QB.

    because I think you're right, Jordan Love isn't the answer.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

    Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

  3. #73
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Rodgers needs to stop passing the Buck; it was Rodgers who choose to force that incomplete pass in the red zone when he could have ran it in for a TD. He canít blame that on the GM. Thatís all 100 percent him.
    do you have tomorrow's winning lottery numbers too?

    he might get in, might not. he might get drilled and fumble like a few of his teammates did earlier.
    QBs are (mostly) slow, defensive backs are usually fast

    personally i'll trust the player who had the MVP season.
    I bet he was thinking he would have another try at it on 4th down. why did the coach choose to kick the FG?

  4. #74
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    do you have tomorrow's winning lottery numbers too?

    he might get in, might not. he might get drilled and fumble like a few of his teammates did earlier.
    QBs are (mostly) slow, defensive backs are usually fast

    personally i'll trust the player who had the MVP season.
    I bet he was thinking he would have another try at it on 4th down. why did the coach choose to kick the FG?
    nah.. Rodgers would’ve made it easily if he ran it in.

    I guess you can trust his decision to throw it but it was the wrong decision and it was almost picked off.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #75
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. Rodgers would’ve made it easily if he ran it in.

    I guess you can trust his decision to throw it but it was the wrong decision and it was almost picked off.
    I wanted him to run the ball too. from the tv angle it looks like he had room.

    but Quarterbacking is pretty easy from the couch in our living rooms.

    reality is he just stepped up to avoid the rush and had little idea if a buccaneer is closing in on him

    in this video they have a couple of views and explain what else could have going on in his thought process


  6. #76
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah.. Rodgers would’ve made it easily if he ran it in.

    I guess you can trust his decision to throw it but it was the wrong decision and it was almost picked off.
    We all saw it; he would have scored. Yes he was the league MVP but he made a bad decision there.

    If he was too intimidated to run it in and possibly take a hit for it then the Bucs defense did it’s job; intimidation from pain IS the defenses job.

    So he can’t blame the GM for that because he was afraid to get hit. Remember, we saw the hit Elway took in the Super Bowl against the Falcons when he ran it in. He was willing to take the hit to score. He wanted it that bad.

    Food for thought.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I wanted him to run the ball too. from the tv angle it looks like he had room.

    but Quarterbacking is pretty easy from the couch in our living rooms.

    reality is he just stepped up to avoid the rush and had little idea if a buccaneer is closing in on him

    in this video they have a couple of views and explain what else could have going on in his thought process

    In real time, I thought he could run it in.

    But looking at about 3:15 on the video here, the defender on the outside of Lazard would have had a pretty clear path to Rogers. His momentum is carrying him to the middle of the field. But you can see from the video that his head is up and he's looking right at Rogers. I think he can change direction and catch the old man before he breaks the plane.

    The defender in the corner would have a good shot at it too. It's kind of a long way to run for him to get to the pylon I think.

  8. #78
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    In real time, I thought he could run it in.

    But looking at about 3:15 on the video here, the defender on the outside of Lazard would have had a pretty clear path to Rogers. His momentum is carrying him to the middle of the field. But you can see from the video that his head is up and he's looking right at Rogers. I think he can change direction and catch the old man before he breaks the plane.

    The defender in the corner would have a good shot at it too. It's kind of a long way to run for him to get to the pylon I think.
    yes, and i thought the guy in the video made a good point about the time left on the clock.
    score on that play and you have over 2 mins 3 TOs and the 2 minute warning. probably enough to get the ball back even if Tampa does get a 1st down (depending what down they get it)
    if he's tackled before the end zone, that scenario would obviously change.
    it could have been a thought in the back of his mind

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    yes, and i thought the guy in the video made a good point about the time left on the clock.
    score on that play and you have over 2 mins 3 TOs and the 2 minute warning. probably enough to get the ball back even if Tampa does get a 1st down (depending what down they get it)
    if he's tackled before the end zone, that scenario would obviously change.
    it could have been a thought in the back of his mind
    Rodgers is damn near a God in Green Bay. You can't have it much better than what he's got now. He needs to take stock of that.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  10. #80
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Rodgers is damn near a God in Green Bay. You can't have it much better than what he's got now. He needs to take stock of that.
    Manning was a God in Indy
    Montana in SF
    Favre in GB
    Franco Harris in Pittsburgh

    Finishing a career elsewhere doesn’t change that if the FO and player can’t agree on that last contract.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •